PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Congrats to Josh McD

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as I can make out he's an old guy with a repetetive style of posting.

He makes alot of posts regarding the OC and what a bad job he does - I dont happen to agree with that.

Do you think NEM poses a serious threat to your health or wellbeing?

I cant picture it, but maybe you know more than I do.

NM

didnt you just ask to talk football?

didnt you just ask to talk football?

Sure I did.

I was wondering what was the real source of alot of threads disappearing down the pan (and away from football) in a battle of tit for tat where they can be no winner.

Alot of guys here know so much about football, it seems a shame that alot of space and time is dedicated to this futile pursuit.

You want to get the ball rolling and tell me some OC's you have rated highly down the years?

NM

Just a legend in his own mind and no more.

Sure I did.

I was wondering what was the real source of alot of threads disappearing down the pan (and away from football) in a battle of tit for tat where they can be no winner.

Alot of guys here know so much about football, it seems a shame that alot of space and time is dedicated to this futile pursuit.

You want to get the ball rolling and tell me some OC's you have rated highly down the years?

NM

Great I will start with the 2006-2007 season. The team is the New England Patriots led by Josh McD. With a far below average WR group he has produced the 7th ranked offense in the league. What is exciting is that this is his 1st season as NE's OC. Great things to come as more tools are added to the offense.

Great I will start with the 2006-2007 season. The team is the New England Patriots led by Josh McD. With a far below average WR group he has produced the 7th ranked offense in the league. What is exciting is that this is his 1st season as NE's OC. Great things to come as more tools are added to the offense.

I happen to think he has done a great job with unit with questionable talent in some areas.

As you say he is working with players who have been selected by other regime's - if he makes it to the next season (and doesnt get made HC of the Dolphins) it will be interesting to see how he does when he gets some input into the offensive personell.

NM

Gary Kubiak with the Broncos.

Mike Martz has been a solid OC, if not a good HC.

Ernie Zampese when he was with the Cowboys was exceptional, but his mistake was trying to bring that game sceme to the Pats when they did not have the players with the abilities to perform.

Charlie Weis was a great play designer and innovator, as I have said many times, and he was one of the best instructors to the younger players. Some of his play calling lwas very questionable, though.

But, what he did have that Josh McDaniels doesnt have, is the willignes to change course in mid stream and adjust the plays. McDaniels appears to be stubborn and pig headed when it comes to accepting that his game plan is wrong, and he refuses to adjust until it may be too late.

Norm Chow has good creedentials but we havent really seen him long enough yet at the NFL level.

Tom Moore of the Colts because he seems to have the willingness to let the players, mostly Manning, see, and call a lot of plays that look good from the line of scrimmage instead of force feeding his schemes, etc...He is the kind of OC that the Pats could use that would allow more freedom in the on field play calling.....

Enough for now?

Hey thats great stuff.

Mike Martz is a an excellent OC as you mention - great schemes, alot of the nutty professor to him.

Unfortunately he needs someone senior to him on the sidelines to rein him back in when he lets his ego run the show.

Manning is a special QB ( at least in regular season play) but I guess he spends alot of time with Moore scheming in the film room - this a guy with a reverse Martz syndrome - he needs to grab the reins back from his QB when things are spiralling out of control.

Manning is his own worst enemy under intense pressure - he tries to do too much.

Charlie Weis was a master schemer, I wonder if Brady has moulded himself around Weis's schemes or vice versa?

Brady looks so comfortable in the shotgun and calling plays at the LOS.

Kubiak is a contraversial pick, I guess but its hard to argue with success.

I enjoyed that, thanks

NM

Gary Kubiak with the Broncos.

Just to start things off friendly, I'll give you Kubiak.

Mike Martz has been a solid OC, if not a good HC.
Wasn't Martz the O.C. for the Lions this season? Seriously, your talking about the O.C. for the Lions? Did you see that offense? Hey, where's it ranked?

Ernie Zampese when he was with the Cowboys was exceptional, but his mistake was trying to bring that game sceme to the Pats when they did not have the players with the abilities to perform.

Wait, you mean that scheme is dictated by your players? Would that be something like needing quick guys to run the waterbug offense run in New England as opposed to speed guys who run longer patterns?

Charlie Weis was a great play designer and innovator, as I have said many times, and he was one of the best instructors to the younger players. Some of his play calling lwas very questionable, though.

But, what he did have that Josh McDaniels doesnt have, is the willignes to change course in mid stream and adjust the plays. McDaniels appears to be stubborn and pig headed when it comes to accepting that his game plan is wrong, and he refuses to adjust until it may be too late.

From what I've read here, you spent years insisting Weiss wasn't a good O.C.. To cite to him now is pathetic, if that's true.

Norm Chow has good creedentials but we havent really seen him long enough yet at the NFL level.

So, it's not fair to judge Chow based upon just one season as the O.C., but it's ok to judge McDaniels based upon just one season as the O.C.?

Tom Moore of the Colts because he seems to have the willingness to let the players, mostly Manning, see, and call a lot of plays that look good from the line of scrimmage instead of force feeding his schemes, etc...He is the kind of OC that the Pats could use that would allow more freedom in the on field play calling.....

Enough for now?

Tom Moore isn't even the guy running the show, Manning is. In New England, we hear publicly that Brady has input on the game plan. We see him making all the adjustments at the line. We see him calling audibles, changing protections and adjusting routes. Isn't that exactly what we see in Indianapolis?

Thank you for exposing yourself, though. Mike Martz, Lions offensive coordinator (He may have been good in the past, but he sure didn't get it done this year. Now that McDaniels guy, he got it done). Ernie "108 points in 8 games" Zampese. Great examples of guys who couldn't get it done without the horses.

Norm Chow's too new but not McDaniels, despite both being the O.C. for the same amount of games. Thank you for the high comedy. You've shown that, for you, it's not about rationality, or ethics, or fairness. It's about having a stage to complain about something, valid or not. This is why I can't take you seriously as a football person. You either don't know what the heck you're talking about or, even worse, you do know what you're talking about and prefer to wrongfully attack your own team just for the attention. Either way, the Norm Chow comment alone pretty much kills every argument you've made this season.

Have a great weekend!

From what I've read here, you spent years insisting Weiss wasn't a good O.C.. To cite to him now is pathetic, if that's true.

It's true, the NEM troll is pathetic. It will now claim it said good things during Weiss' tenure, but my recollection is alleged good comments came after the ND job, and were consistently tempered with conditional phrases.

So, it's not fair to judge Chow based upon just one season as the O.C., but it's ok to judge McDaniels based upon just one season as the O.C.?

Attack the Patriots, it's consistent.

Tom Moore isn't even the guy running the show, Manning is. In New England, we hear publicly that Brady has input on the game plan. We see him making all the adjustments at the line. We see him calling audibles, changing protections and adjusting routes. Isn't that exactly what we see in Indianapolis?

Tommy doesn't audible, and if he did it would be a preset audible from McDaniels - oh, I was supposed to wait for NEM to use this qualifier.

Norm Chow's too new but not McDaniels, despite both being the O.C. for the same amount of games. Thank you for the high comedy. You've shown that, for you, it's not about rationality, or ethics, or fairness. It's about having a stage to complain about something, valid or not. This is why I can't take you seriously as a football person. You either don't know what the heck you're talking about or, even worse, you do know what you're talking about and prefer to wrongfully attack the Patriots your own team just for the attention. Either way, the Norm Chow comment alone pretty much kills every argument you've made this season. I'm shocked.

Have a great weekend!
No, No, No, it's "I'm right and your wrong, have a nice day."

Actually his second; Bill hid him by making him the de facto but not de jure OC his first season. Why ? Because I think Bill saw a spark of genius like he saw in Saban, Hill, and Ferentz etc. He thought at the beginning of the 2005 season he might be too Young or In-experienced. He could have done the same this year if in Bill's opinion, he had only modest success in 2005.

Instead he publicly made him the de jure Offensive Coordinator, when he didn't really have to do it. He could have given him another year to fail with out it really damaging Josh's future prospects. He promoted him!

Now some are saying at the end of the 2006 season that maybe Josh McDaniels will be good someday but he is just too raw.

Baloney! In Bill I Trust.

He has seen McDaniels up close for two Training camps and 27 games (35 games including pre-season) and he knows he has another KEEPER ! McD is my nominee for Assistant Coach of the Year.:D

Actually his second; Bill hid him by making him the de facto but not de jure OC his first season. Why ? Because I think Bill saw a spark of genius like he saw in Saban, Hill, and Ferentz etc. He thought at the beginning of the 2005 season he might be too Young or In-experienced. He could have done the same this year if in Bill's opinion, he had only modest success in 2005.

Instead he publicly made him the de jure Offensive Coordinator, when he didn't really have to do it. He could have given him another year to fail with out it really damaging Josh's future prospects. He promoted him!

Now some are saying at the end of the 2006 season that maybe Josh McDaniels will be good someday but he is just too raw.

Baloney! In Bill I Trust.

He has seen McDaniels up close for two Training camps and 27 games (35 games including pre-season) and he knows he has another KEEPER ! McD is my nominee for Assistant Coach of the Year.:D

I know what you are saying but it is technically his first.

Baloney. You really can't be serious.

Maybe Josh has pictures of BB with his New Jersey chick. Could be, right?

Josh McDaniels is a puppet toy of BB. If BB leaves the Pats, which I dont think will happen, Josh wouldnt find a job with any other NFL team, at least not as a coordinator, IMO.

If we had deion branch we wouldn't be criticizing josh mcdaniels. the offense would be smooth

We really dont know that for sure, do we? That is pure speculation. It could have merit, and it couldnt have merit.

Last year, WITH Branch AND Givens, the play calling was in question quite a bit, but McDaniels was given a free pass, mainly because he really wasnt, officially, the offensive coordinator..and we really dont know how much input he had into the play calling.

So to suggest that with Branch on the team the offense would have been smoother is really speculation and, there is no way that it actually can be proven to be correct, or incorrect.

I am not saying that you are wrong, but just as yu have said that the offense would be smooth, perhaps I, or others could say that it wouldnt have made any difference...we really dont know, do we?

Brady threw 38 less passes this year than he threw last year. (through 15 games)

He has 23 TD's compared to 26 last year, but he still has one game to go.
So, his TD production, even without Branch and Givens, has not fallen off, assuming he may get a couple this Sunday.

And, he has two LESS interceptions.

His completion percentage is 61.8 compared to 63.0 last year, but in the two previous years he was 60.8 and 60.2, so that hasnt changed very much, either.

Would the addition of Branch made it smoother? Possibly,but there really is no way of telling bvecause his numbers are pretty much in line with previous seasons....his yardage is down this season, but it is comparable to all of his previous years except last season,but he threw more passes, too.

Yes you are right. we won't really know ever. brady has said that he and branch had a good non-verbal communication going on. that we do know.... thy had four years of experience working together....great chemistry.

if he did have branch we might possibly say that some of these losses could be wins such as the indy and jets game when the offense was on final drives to potentially win games only ending in int's.

brady's numbers would be the same. but the timing of thiose numbers could play a factor becuase branch was the go to man at the end of a game.

and who knows....maybe the offense would be scoring 23-27 pts per game instead of the 23. and maybe the defense would be even lower becuase the pats offense held onto the ball longer. or brady wouldn't have forced the ball resulting in an int, turning the ball over and giving up good field position.

but who knows.

Although your post appears to be filled with sarcasm, the fact is that the one thing you said that is 100% correct......WHO KNOWS.

It is all speculation, isnt it?

oh contraire. i was pretty serious about brady having a go to guy when it counts at the end of the game.

without a doubt i do believe the pats would have the #1 seed if they had branch.

but considering they don't i think it's respectable they socre 23 pts per game. and i like what they are doing with the miltpiple wr sets.

Originally Posted by NEMLast year, WITH Branch AND Givens, the play calling was in question quite a bit, but McDaniels was given a free pass, mainly because he really wasnt, officially, the offensive coordinator..and we really dont know how much input he had into the play calling.
Well there's a lie troll, there was no "free pass," you attacked McDaniels and the play-calling consistently last season. You even stopped spraying spittle long enough to figure out Mangini was DC and started attacking him as an alternative.

Well there's a lie troll, there was no "free pass," you attacked McDaniels and the play-calling consistently last season. You even stopped spraying spittle long enough to figure out Mangini was DC and started attacking him as an alternative.

yes you tell the truth. Hey box did you see the welcome i am getting over at patriotsplanet? its great.

yes you tell the truth. Hey box did you see the welcome i am getting over at patriotsplanet? its great.
You mean that poll to see if you're Dolphin22 in drag? :p Have you voted in the three letter curse smilie thread? I told them not to ban it, the AA really is the perfect tool for dealing with such creatures, it's useful for the children to know how trolls behave.

Speaking of Trolls and the internet...
Could it be that the NEM thing is actually an undergraduate college engineering AI experiment that failed and turned int a spambot?

As the spambot itself would spew, "It's speculation. It could possibly be true."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back