PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Congrats to Josh McD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy crap. I couldnt imagine watching a game with NEM. My greatest sympathy to those in AZ.
:eek:

Yeah, kind of like thinking about people who have sex with their mother - an unimaginable event but people actually do it - much like watching a game with NEM. I knew it happened but I didn't think of it as reality until your post.

Speaking of sex, have you tried it yet. Do you remember his name?
Ha ha ha, NEM's just cracking everyone up tonight :rolleyes:

Totally wrong, IMO. You set a game plan,. but you must be willing to abandon it or change it depending on what your opposition has come up with to defend it.

And, if you dont, then you have been outcoached, and a loser of the game, UNLESS, as has been the case with the Pats on many occasions this year, that the defense has bailed out the inept offensive play calling.

A game plan , and the play calls, are only as good as the play caller himself.

You can have the greatest players in the world, and if they are dealt bad plays, lthey will never succeed.

Much like in poker, the greatest poker player in the woprld can never win if dealt bad cards. Sure, he may bluff a pot now and then, but overall, the cards will decide.

Same thing in football, the greatest players will fail if dealt bad plays. The plays will be the ultimate decider..Deal good ones, they win. Deal bad ones, they lose.

If you dont agree, lets discuss it.

Are you saying Vinnie is failing to adapt as the game goes on?

Seriously, changing the game plan in progress is not play calling. That's something that would be discussed with the coach, especially this year.

When you start making salient points like this, it must be time for your medication. :rocker:

You're not cracking on me now Box, are you?

I'm so trying to be nice.

Totally wrong, IMO. You set a game plan,. but you must be willing to abandon it or change it depending on what your opposition has come up with to defend it.

And, if you dont, then you have been outcoached, and a loser of the game, UNLESS, as has been the case with the Pats on many occasions this year, that the defense has bailed out the inept offensive play calling.

A game plan , and the play calls, are only as good as the play caller himself.

You can have the greatest players in the world, and if they are dealt bad plays, lthey will never succeed.

Much like in poker, the greatest poker player in the woprld can never win if dealt bad cards. Sure, he may bluff a pot now and then, but overall, the cards will decide.

Same thing in football, the greatest players will fail if dealt bad plays. The plays will be the ultimate decider..Deal good ones, they win. Deal bad ones, they lose.

If you dont agree, lets discuss it.

Wow, I really can't argue with this, and what's kinda ironic NEM, is that the very man you criticized (Weis) was an expert at this. I think the one knock on McDaniels is that he approaches a game with a plan. Wether or not the plan works, he uses it. That just dosent cut it, because 9/10 times a well coached team will come out doing exactly what your NOT prepared for. We saw this with the Dolphins and Broncos D, we'll see it in the playoffs. A good OC, IMO as NEM said, is one who sees what the D is giving him and adjusts.

For example. A blitzing team. If your playing say the Dolphins, your plan was to go deep on the secondary, but they're blitzing you and stopping you, what do you do? You don't continue with the gameplan like McDaniels did. You say **** it, go back to the drawing board, neutralize the blitz with some screens and just like that you eliminate the D's greatest strength. I'm not claiming to know it all, and pardon me if I sound arrogant. But to me, that's what a great coach is. Thats whats made this team so great. Look at super bowl 39. The Eagles arguably outplayed us the first half. 2nd Half, Weis and co. devise a game plan that made easy work of that Eagle D.

You're not cracking on me now Box, are you?

I'm so trying to be nice.
Cracking on you? Well, just a little since I couldn't reach you with the wet towel. You made a seriously good point, which considering how often your tongue wanders over to you cheek ...:D

Wow, I really can't argue with this, and what's kinda ironic NEM, is that the very man you criticized (Weis) was an expert at this. I think the one knock on McDaniels is that he approaches a game with a plan. Wether or not the plan works, he uses it. That just dosent cut it, because 9/10 times a well coached team will come out doing exactly what your NOT prepared for. We saw this with the Dolphins and Broncos D, we'll see it in the playoffs. A good OC, IMO as NEM said, is one who sees what the D is giving him and adjusts.

For example. A blitzing team. If your playing say the Dolphins, your plan was to go deep on the secondary, but they're blitzing you and stopping you, what do you do? You don't continue with the gameplan like McDaniels did. You say **** it, go back to the drawing board, neutralize the blitz with some screens and just like that you eliminate the D's greatest strength. I'm not claiming to know it all, and pardon me if I sound arrogant. But to me, that's what a great coach is. Thats whats made this team so great. Look at super bowl 39. The Eagles arguably outplayed us the first half. 2nd Half, Weis and co. devise a game plan that made easy work of that Eagle D.
NEM is incapable of answering this for me, perhaps you can. How are in-game adjustments made? Who is responsible?

NEM is incapable of answering this for me, perhaps you can. How are in-game adjustments made? Who is responsible?

Um, the offensive coach? Hello? Anybody home? It's his freaking job. Your telling me he just sits there calling out random plays? Hell no. He sits there, sees what works and what does not. When something is not working, you use the bench and you come up with a counter attack. Just like war.

Um, the offensive coach? Hello? Anybody home? It's his freaking job. Your telling me he just sits there calling out random plays? Hell no. He sits there, sees what works and what does not. When something is not working, you use the bench and you come up with a counter attack. Just like war.
Which offensive coach? You mean the Offensive Coordinator? So he is the one who makes blocking adjustments? He changes the routes the receivers are running? He works with the backs on blitz pickups? He just does all that alone in a bubble? He charts all the plays called and their results? You use the bench? Does that mean Cassel plays in place of Brady because he is the reserve force player drilled in all the "wartime" contingency planning?

NEM singles out one individual on the coaching staff and screeches his hatred, ignoring the fact that there is an entire offensive staff working on making adjustments. While people are complaining about the offensive coordinator, he is standing on the sideline looking at his play sheet and choosing the next play, he shouldn't be looking at the one being run because he needs to get the call in early enough for the team to line up and allow Brady to survey the defense. Just like in war, a General or Admiral uses a staff who are all working on the problems as they develop, often making decisions and implementing them before informing the General, if he ever is informed.

Sunday the Patriots used 6 WRs, 4 RB/FBs, and 2 TEs in a passing attack - who coordinated the personnel changes? Dierdoof may not be the brightest bulb doing color commentary, but he has spent time on a football field and when he comments about the job the receiver's coach is doing shuttling substitutions in and out he just might know what was going on.

That much maligned Offensive Coordinator isn't in the O-line huddle pointing out defensive alignments on the in-game photographs, and he isn't huddled with the WRs discussing routes, jamming, and coverages. If nobody's "home" while you are looking for an Offensive Coordinator to lynch, it's because the entire offensive staff put together and trained by the Head Coach are doing the adjustments and I think NEM and anybody else complaining about the Offensive Coordinator's in-game adjustments are speaking from blind ignorance or willful malice.

Charlie Weis is suddenly and mysteriously being lauded for his play calling and in-game adjustments, something that rarely occured while he was here. I suppose Tom Brady is a tool of the coaching staff when he publicly called out the team telling them they should stop free-lancing and start listening to what the coach was saying - and he didn't mean just the Head Coach.

This club is 11-4 and in the Playoffs, thanks as much to the Offensive Coordinator as anybody else on this TEAM. NEM is a troll, and you sir can't even describe to me a simplified version of the process for making an "in-game adjustment." You can't even articulate the title of the "offensive coach" whose "freaking job" is in-game adjustments as you perceive it. Just like war, arm chair generals rant and rave from a safe distance - "to the rear harch!"

So, you sit in on the team meetings and half time discussions?So you KNOW, without hesitation, who is responsible? Elnlighten all of us. You seem to know it all.

Dang, a usurper to the throne!

Which offensive coach? You mean the Offensive Coordinator? So he is the one who makes blocking adjustments? He changes the routes the receivers are running? He works with the backs on blitz pickups? He just does all that alone in a bubble? He charts all the plays called and their results? You use the bench? Does that mean Cassel plays in place of Brady because he is the reserve force player drilled in all the "wartime" contingency planning?

NEM singles out one individual on the coaching staff and screeches his hatred, ignoring the fact that there is an entire offensive staff working on making adjustments. While people are complaining about the offensive coordinator, he is standing on the sideline looking at his play sheet and choosing the next play, he shouldn't be looking at the one being run because he needs to get the call in early enough for the team to line up and allow Brady to survey the defense. Just like in war, a General or Admiral uses a staff who are all working on the problems as they develop, often making decisions and implementing them before informing the General, if he ever is informed.

Sunday the Patriots used 6 WRs, 4 RB/FBs, and 2 TEs in a passing attack - who coordinated the personnel changes? Dierdoof may not be the brightest bulb doing color commentary, but he has spent time on a football field and when he comments about the job the receiver's coach is doing shuttling substitutions in and out he just might know what was going on.

That much maligned Offensive Coordinator isn't in the O-line huddle pointing out defensive alignments on the in-game photographs, and he isn't huddled with the WRs discussing routes, jamming, and coverages. If nobody's "home" while you are looking for an Offensive Coordinator to lynch, it's because the entire offensive staff put together and trained by the Head Coach are doing the adjustments and I think NEM and anybody else complaining about the Offensive Coordinator's in-game adjustments are speaking from blind ignorance or willful malice.

Charlie Weis is suddenly and mysteriously being lauded for his play calling and in-game adjustments, something that rarely occured while he was here. I suppose Tom Brady is a tool of the coaching staff when he publicly called out the team telling them they should stop free-lancing and start listening to what the coach was saying - and he didn't mean just the Head Coach.

This club is 11-4 and in the Playoffs, thanks as much to the Offensive Coordinator as anybody else on this TEAM. NEM is a troll, and you sir can't even describe to me a simplified version of the process for making an "in-game adjustment." You can't even articulate the title of the "offensive coach" whose "freaking job" is in-game adjustments as you perceive it. Just like war, arm chair generals rant and rave from a safe distance - "to the rear harch!"

Know-it-all!!!!

Hey, what do you know about actual warfare?

The best pick-up lines for candy stripers?

You called an excellent game today. Congrats to your first AFCE Championship. Thanks for a job well done.

Yay, McDaniels actually DID HIS JOB. Lets have a parade.

Dang, a usurper to the throne!
Thanks for quoting troll-thingy, I wouldn't have seen its perceptive questioning otherwise.

Dear troll-thingy, to quote you when asked to explain anything from your fantasy world, "I'm right and your wrong, have a nice day."

Of course, if I'm sooooo wrong, you can speak to your self-proclaimed genius on all things football and describe the process used to make an "in-game" adjustment. You are the whiney spammer complaining about it, please ignore my uninformed posts urging you to STFU and tell us in detail who does what and when to make an in-game adjustment. Don't be shy, you are the expert, it says so in the "NEM book of NEM is always right, just ask NEM." I'm just as smart as a box of rocks, I should be easy for you to outwit in a duel of football esoterica. Correct my description, I dare you, gutless wanker.

And BB is just a potted plant? He is the HC. He has the final say about every thing including telling his assistants to make adjustments if they are not working.

"Just like in war", but football is not war.

Done both and football is still a game.

Dear Nemmy-troll, perhaps you have me back on ignore and missed the request to enlighten us on the "in-game adjustments" process I most certainly have wrong. Please do accept this opportunity to demonstrate your vast knowledge in an area you rant and rave about each and every day. Don't be shy, you are the NEM who dared attack a referee at a football game, such outstanding courage would not fail in the face of a test of knowledge. Bump for your opportunity.

Dear Nemmy-troll, perhaps you have me back on ignore and missed the request to enlighten us on the "in-game adjustments" process I most certainly have wrong. Please do accept this opportunity to demonstrate your vast knowledge in an area you rant and rave about each and every day. Don't be shy, you are the NEM who dared attack a referee at a football game, such outstanding courage would not fail in the face of a test of knowledge. Bump for your opportunity.

When people have you on ignore they can't see what you have posted unless someone 'quotes" you.

Oh What Do You Mean Patsnut?????????

When people have you on ignore they can't see what you have posted unless someone 'quotes" you.

You mean he can't see this:

I had no idea...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back