Welcome to PatsFans.com

Congrats to Josh McD

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Digger44, Dec 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Digger44

Digger44 Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

You called an excellent game today. Congrats to your first AFCE Championship. Thanks for a job well done.
  2. Poll

Poll Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Did you see the crossing routes :p ?
  3. Kdo5

Kdo5 Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 5 / -1

The short pass play calls worked to perfection today.
  4. Pat_Nasty

Pat_Nasty Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Under McDaniel's playcalling, the Patriots offense scored 24 points vs. a team that had been allowing an average of 9 points per game at home, and Brady had a 97 passer rating vs. a defense against which opposing quarterbacks have a total passer rating of 63.8 (which is #2 in the NFL, behind the Bears.)
  5. Remix 6

Remix 6 Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

i still want us to run outside more with Maroney..more shots downfield.

no screens this week? besides TE
  6. Pat_Nasty

Pat_Nasty Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

There are deep routes being run, but the receivers aren't getting separation down field. If guys could get open deep more, Brady would throw deep more. I'm glad he's not trying to force the ball long as much as he seemed to earlier in the year.
  7. MrBigglesWorth

MrBigglesWorth Rookie

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

C'mon NEM, McDaniels has had two good weeks in a row. He hasn't reverted to the power run game. Clearly the strength of the O-Line is pass protection and let Brady pick the defense apart.

The pass set up the run. Dave Thomas has stepped up as well as Gaffney. Faulk was very valuable.

I love what they are doing now spreading it out versus what they did earlier in the year.

Now it's still yet to be seen how they will handle a team that blitzes alot or has a great defensive end or outside linebacker. And how they will do versus fast lb's.

You have to be happy that they seem to be getting the passing game in gear going into the playoffs and people are getting healthy.

Congrats to McDaniels.
  8. pats63

pats63 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Excellant playing call today....Also good job with our D........We are 11-4 fellas,You don't get that way with bad playing calling.....GO PATS.........HAPPY HOLIDAYS PATS NATION:rocker:
  9. RayClay

RayClay On the Roster

Ratings:
    +363 / 6 / -8

#75 Jersey

You mean Vinnie, right?
  10. RayClay

RayClay On the Roster

Ratings:
    +363 / 6 / -8

#75 Jersey

Actually, we had great success with sideline routes that widened the field.
  11. Poll

Poll Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Those were used a lot indeed.

I was especialy referring to the crossing route where Caldwell was stopped short of a first down.
  12. Digger44

Digger44 Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

No NEM I meant guy who BB hired and refers to as the OC.
  13. jczxohn1

jczxohn1 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Maroney's TD run was a great call.
    Would they please stop throwing those quick outs to WR's, esp. on 3rd and 3+. Never works. Overall a very successful game plan.
  14. nescott

nescott PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Is this really NEM showing his true feelings from a alias????
  15. Rob0729

Rob0729 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +434 / 5 / -1

I thought overall the playcalling was great today. I think our only problem in the fourth was that we didn't have the talent to match up with Jacksonville with a clock eating running game. It wasn't McDaniels' fault that Brady overthrew a wide open Troy Brown which would have given us a first down and probably ended any chance for the Jags to come back. It wasn't McDaniels' fault that Caldwell dropped a short pass or he and Brady didn't connect on a play before where he was fairly open.

Sometimes when the offense doesn't work, it is actually the players fault. I'm sure there were a couple of play calls that McDaniels probably would like to have back, but quite a few of the problems I saw in the fourth quarter because Brady overthrew a receiver or a receiver couldn't bring in the ball.
  16. richpats

richpats Banned

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

You're obviously baiting with that comment! ;)

The Pats' offense put up 24 points Sunday - the most by a visiting team at Alltel this season. We had 3 TD drives of 82, 78 and 68 yards against one of (if not the ) most physical squads in the league IN THEIR HOUSE.

All that and a 'W' gets McDaniels a lot of praise IMO.
  17. AzPatsFan

AzPatsFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +133 / 10 / -8

The latest puppet Coach hired by Belichick to run the Pats spread offense and implement the "beat them with smarts", not expensive athletes philosophy, has done a fine job.

He has gotten the team to 11-4 and counting with a totally new WR corps and rookies and sophomores dotted through out the Offensive roster. He has Coached up the athletes to put up 345 points, 23 points a game, and developed a deadly red zone efficiency, as ordered.

He has also duly conserved tinfoil, used bubblegum, and thread, as instructed;, and turned the cap surplus over to Bill to spend on extravagant and unnecessary expenditures like a prize Defensive line and lots of defensive stars.

These are all unnecessary and actually unfordable, when you have "suitable" offensive stars. Just ask Paymeaton and Polian. When they do their budgets there just never seems to be anything left for the "stop 'em" guys...
  18. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

Very little to complain about in today's O game plan, controlled the line of scrimmage and time of possession. I suspect that all of this is purposeful, and extremely confusing to D coordinators who we will play in the upcoming tournament. Overall, McDaniels and the O did a very good job,against a good D team in their house.
  19. marty

marty Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

This was a very well thought out game with some of the best execution of the season. Wright filled in well at nose, Rodney's hits were heard from miles around, and Brady's found a new favorite in Thomas. Great game, well earned and now we're on a nice roll to meet Tenn. Happy Holiday's everyone!
  20. Digger44

Digger44 Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Nobody wants to discuss your crap later. Why would you want to savor this title, its not as if you are a fan who has pulled for it. IF you actually document calls that you don't like and then use them to make a point you are either sick or so caught up with yourself its ridiculous. Oh wait it's both.

Yes, yes I know you were a fan b4 I was born blah blah blah. Go fing the sleigh tracks on top of the nursing home.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.