PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Congrats to Darelle Revis!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Revis injured? He did not get up after sticking his shoulder in on a tackle in the quarter, and I do not remember seeing him back on the field after that. Any word about that?
He didn't come out of the game. The very next play he covered the slot receiver on the left side of the offense. Although he didn't stay within camera view long, he looked smooth.

No love for Logan Ryan, our guy we drafted. He has great chance to be a starting top flight #2 cornerback. He even intimidated Patterson at times it seemed and ran right with him effortlessly. He definitely plays faster than his 40 time. He had awesome 3cone as well. He is about 6'0 and is said to be 203 lbs now. He is physical, great ball skills, flashes on the scene and has really good recovery speed. And he is a very hard worker at improving his talent and craft. If you recorded the game check it out and follow Logan Ryan how he ran with Patterson and made up ground with his great makeup speed. When he intercepted the pass he should have told Patterson that's why Bill didn't want you, so he could draft Logan Ryan. I'm as excited over his potential as any young patriot player including Collins and Dobson
Logan Ryan had a very good game. He made some great tackles and always seemed to be in excellent position. On the downside, Harmon often looked lost.

Is Revis injured? He did not get up after sticking his shoulder in on a tackle in the quarter, and I do not remember seeing him back on the field after that. Any word about that?

He was there, he's just that good you rarely hear his name called. Jennings also vanished from that point on.

How great is that to hear about a Patriots DB?!

Also credit to Logan Ryan for running better routes than Patterson (not hard, granted) and covering him out of the game too.

He was there, he's just that good you rarely hear his name called. Jennings also vanished from that point on.

How great is that to hear about a Patriots DB?!

Also credit to Logan Ryan for running better routes than Patterson (not hard, granted) and covering him out of the game too.

Agreed, Logan played very well in place of Dennard today. In fact, I'm hard pressed to find anyone in the secondary who had a BAD game. Seemed like on the first drive the completed passes were all underneath and heavily schemed. Our LB's (especially Skinner) just couldn't keep up. After that, there really wasn't anything downfield. Even Ebner in his short spurt was in good position to make a tackle short of the marker on a 3rd down, then the pass was dropped (and the the Pats were called elsewhere for illegal contact or holding, can't remember). But I don't remember anyone getting really badly beaten more than maybe once all game.

Wow. Darrelle Revis is every bit as good as I'd hoped. I really hope they can sign him to a long-term deal.

I would just like to say that my vacation just off the coast of Revis Island this past Sunday was unbelievably beautiful. I can't wait for the next trip!

Revis was sensational, he really gave no space to Minny's WR. I can't wait for Browner to come in and make this secondary ridiculously good.

Yesterday was the first time in ............ ages, that I actually felt confident that, in 3rd and passing yardage, this defense was going to stop the opposing QB from converting, more often than not.

I am over joyed with the Revis addition but am also very pleased to see that Ryan fit in perfectly well and was up to the task opposite Revis. I would love nothing more for this to continue and, should it, Ryan might well lead the league in INT's this season.

Yesterday was the first time in ............ ages, that I actually felt confident that, in 3rd and passing yardage, this defense was going to stop the opposing QB from converting, more often than not.

I am over joyed with the Revis addition but am also very pleased to see that Ryan fit in perfectly well and was up to the task opposite Revis. I would love nothing more for this to continue and, should it, Ryan might well lead the league in INT's this season.

I agree 100%. Lock this guy up ASAP. Even if it was against the viks

Looking at our schedule… I think Revis can shut down the following:

• Anyone on the Raiders
  • Dwayne Bowe
  • AJ Green
  • Eric Decker x2
  • Demaryius Thomas
  • Reggie Wayne
  • Jordy Nelson
  • Keenan Allen

Verdict is still out on Sammy Watkins, but he looked pretty good today.

Brandon Marshall is 50/50. Revis has played him tough before and had a great end zone INT against him not too long ago, but it will be a battle. He might be lined up on Alshon Jeffrey though.

Can't say either way on Mike Wallace after last week.

Megatron isn't getting shut down 1 on 1 by anyone, especially under todays NFL rules.
Let's not forget Browner will be back after 2 weeks and can really help with the bigger WR, like Demaryuis Thomas, and pass catching TE, like Julius Thomas, perhaps not at the same time, but hey you never know!

I can't wait to see how BY utilizes this beast.

CongRATS.....Speakin of Rats can't wait for Revis to have a couple of INTs and run back TD vs Jets.

Let's not forget Browner will be back after 2 weeks and can really help with the bigger WR, like Demaryuis Thomas, and pass catching TE, like Julius Thomas, perhaps not at the same time, but hey you never know!

I can't wait to see how BY utilizes this beast.

I think Revis could shut down Demaryius on his own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes