PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Congrats to Chad Pennington

Status
Not open for further replies.

sieglo

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Pennington owned the league's most worthless franchise today. He made the Jets leadership look like a bunch of bumbling idiots. For this at least, we can be grateful. Pennington always seemed like a classy guy and was a tough adversary, even if dumbass Jersey fans didn't appreciate him.

I'm glad to see that he made the fools running the Jets (especially Mangina) look like complete idiots. The Jets front office = EPIC FAIL.

Pennington has always played smart football and I never understood the Jets fans' hate for him.

It is a great story for him to lead a 1-15 Dolphins team to the Division Title at 11-5, the best turnaround in history.

Pennington owned the league's most worthless franchise today. He made the Jets leadership look like a bunch of bumbling idiots. For this at least, we can be grateful. Pennington always seemed like a classy guy and was a tough adversary, even if dumbass Jersey fans didn't appreciate him.

I'm glad to see that he made the fools running the Jets (especially Mangina) look like complete idiots. The Jets front office = EPIC FAIL.
I agree. No one on earth could possibly despise the Jest (no typo) and Dolphins as much as I do, but I'm sort of glad for him. I remember the game last year or the year before when he was injured against us, came limping off of the field and the Jest fans cheered. Real classy...

I agree. No one on earth could possibly despise the Jest (no typo) and Dolphins as much as I do, but I'm sort of glad for him. I remember the game last year or the year before when he was injured against us, came limping off of the field and the Jest fans cheered. Real classy...

I agree. The Jet fans behavior really was disgusting. Chad coming back and beating his old team to make the playoffs is the only reason that I'm not taking the Jets loss too bad. LOL at Mangini, LOL at Tanenbaum, LOL at the JET Fans. :D

Last edited:
Pennington made zero mistakes and his team deserved to win. Favre, not so much.

Even though the Mia win is disgustingly bittersweet, I'm just glad it was a lot closer than Eagles/Cowboys. That was a pathetic performance by a so-called playoff team.

The only positive on the day is the Jets lost to a QB they tossed in the trash.

JETS suck!

It's hard to be a classy fan in the mood I am right now, but Pennington's been nothing short of brilliant this whole season and boy did he stick it to NY. If you think it's frustrating for us, just think how frustrating it is to watch a QB that your team cut come in and take the division from you. At least we owned Bledsoe after trading him outside of 1 meaningless game.

Pennington is a warrior. Props and "hats off" to him.

The only good thing to come out of today's misery is that the Jests are 10,000% unhappier than we are. They have no QB. They have no strategy. They have at best a lameduck, lamebrained HC. They don't have an Owner who (a) understands Football beyond the fact that the ball isn't stuffed with feathers and (b) knows what it takes to win.

2009: REVENGE!

I was rooting for him at the start of the year to do well, primarily because of that first game last season against the Patriots when the crowd cheered as he was taken off the field. It was disgusting, because he had only missed two passes all game up to that point (I think he was like 22-of-24) and wasn't the reason they were losing that game. They lost that game because the Jets defense couldn't cover Moss. So should Miami go deep into the playoffs I hope it stings the front office for making that move and getting rid of him.

Let's face it, the guy's shoulder is the way it is because of when he got hammered by their lousy offensive line. He's been smart enough to adapt the way he plays, and you could see this season that he just became an even smarter football player. Needless to say if one good thing came out of it, it was good to see him stick it to Mangini and the organization.

I've always been a huge Pennington fan, so I'm very happy for him. He's a class act. In fact, I hope he wins the MVP.

There is one misconception that I would like to clear up. Many people believe that the Jets disrespected Pennington by releasing him rather than trading him. It's actually the opposite, the Jets showed great respect for Pennington for allowing him to sign with whoever he wanted. At the time of his release, the Jets were lauded (by the media, Jets fans, other players, etc...) for treating him with class.

Agreed.Pennington knows the game ,is a good QB.Fools that rant about his "lack of arm strength"havent watched him much.The guy can play.

He won't win but in a season where nobody has stood out as NFL MVP, Pennington is probably as good a pick as any.

Agreed.Pennington knows the game ,is a good QB.Fools that rant about his "lack of arm strength"havent watched him much.The guy can play.

Agreed. I live in NYC and often thought that he was badly coached with schemes that didn't play to his strengths. Leave it to the @#$#@$ Bill Parcells to get the most out of him. He is a warrior and well deserves this moment of glory. We will own his ***** next year.

Yeah, I wish the Jets had won, and I don't care about Miami, but I'm happy for Pennington. He deserves better than the Jets and their fans, so I'm glad he's found a team that suits him and fans that don't cheer when he gets injured.

I've never understood why some of my fellow Pats fans like this guy. He's the enemy and he'll burn in football Hell for his crimes against the Pats like all our enemies will, especially the Giants.

..... too subtle?

Congrats to Pennington and to Parcells.

I always wanted him as our backup. Now, he had been part of the greatest around in NFL history, under the leadership of the best turnaround coach/GM of all time.

Parcells has turned around yet another team.

Kinda seems silly now that Favre made the Pro Bowl over him, doesn't it? :D

the jets kept the wrong QB. I would love him to see him win it all(not parcells). I don't think the fins stand much chance to go all the way, but who knows.

why not? they don't turn the ball over much.

I've never understood why some of my fellow Pats fans like this guy. He's the enemy and he'll burn in football Hell for his crimes against the Pats like all our enemies will, especially the Giants.

..... too subtle?

Exactly, **** him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots