PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Congrats to BJGE!!! (and He's Got Stats - Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is a free agent, next year. The Patriots will have to deal with:

BJGE
Mankins
Light
Gost
Faulk
Morris

IMO, they will renew Mankins / Light / Morris - unless there's huge money involved. Faulk may get a final "thank you" contract for a year but may not see many snaps next year even if he's healthy. I think they may keep him on more as a coach / mentor for the young guys.

Another nice stat from BJGE

From rotoworld
BenJarvus Green-Ellis

BenJarvus Green-Ellis totaled just 24 negative yards on 229 carries this season.

For comparison's sake, Corey Dillon lost 62 yards on 345 carries back in 2004 when he rushed for 1,635 yards. After dealing with Laurence Maroney's tap-dancing routine at the line of scrimmage, coach Bill Belichick is thrilled with "Lawfirm's" ability to move the sticks. He's the anti-Donald Brown.

I don't think anyone here is comparing him to Dillon, but the fact that he seems to always move forward and never fumbles bodes well for the Pats in this playoff run.

Re: Another nice stat from BJGE

I'd be interested to see what Maroney's stats were in his one full season last year

I'd be interested to see what Maroney's stats were in his one full season last year

According to his fan club, Maroneys claim to fame was that he had so few negative plays.

Just making it back to the LOS is not a negative play.:rolleyes:

Benjarvus always seems to be able to get that extra little push to at least get back to the line or salvage a yard or two. I'd say he's one of the better backs in that area. I'm not sure about the rest of you, but I'd feel pretty comfortable with him as our primary back for the next few years (as long as we have Woodhead as a compliment that is).

You know, I predicted this over in the Draft Forum. I told Pat Chick he'd be the unsung hero this year. She predicted Rob Ninkovich.

With a disciplined, effective offensive line, I knew the Law Firm could get it done.

Do you know we'd have beat the Giants in the SB if we had only had him? Maroney was repeatedly brought down by arm tackles.

We need an effective running game to win the SB. We can't have a team key off on Brady and the receivers. They must fear our running game.

Which is why there is no way we don't re-sign one of the best in the business in Logan Mankins. Get it done, team.

Would like to see us lose the vet RB's, keep BJGE and Woody and pick up someone like Ingraham in the draft. Hernandez could crosstrain as an H-back/FB. Keeping Mankins is a must whenever you talk about the RB's. Add one RB salary to his.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back