PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Congrats Seahawks! (no sarcasm)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael

PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Lets face it the earned score of Super Bowl XL was Seattle 17 Pittsburgh 14. Congratulations on winning your first Super Bowl! Too bad the record books will never tell the real story and the team will not get their deserved win and Super Bowl rings.

Michael said:
Lets face it the earned score of Super Bowl XL was Seattle 17 Pittsburgh 14. Congratulations on winning your first Super Bowl! Too bad the record books will never tell the real story and the team will not get their deserved win and Super Bowl rings.

I'm assuming you are counting the Parker 75 yard TD and Randel El pass to Hines Ward as the only point sfor the Steelers.

Let's hypothetically say that there was no holding call on SEA when the ball was on the 2 1/2. Looks like you are goiving the Seahawks a TD from there which is ok. If Ben actually was a 1/2" short of the goal line, are you saying he doesn't get in from there on 4th down, but reason the Hawks get in from the 2 1/2?

Interesting (no sarcasm)

PATSummerallofthe80s said:
I'm assuming you are counting the Parker 75 yard TD and Randel El pass to Hines Ward as the only point sfor the Steelers.

Let's hypothetically say that there was no holding call on SEA when the ball was on the 2 1/2. Looks like you are goiving the Seahawks a TD from there which is ok. If Ben actually was a 1/2" short of the goal line, are you saying he doesn't get in from there on 4th down, but reason the Hawks get in from the 2 1/2?

Interesting (no sarcasm)

I'm saying Seattle should have got the first TD that was called backed on a nothing PI call. And PIttsburgh tried 3 times to get in the end zone and failed. Yes they would not have got in anymore than Indianapolis did a few years ago against the Patriots goal line stop. Seattle was robbed a TD and Pittsburgh was handed an unachieved TD. Leavingthe correct score at 17-14 Seattle.

Michael said:

Oh come on, thats ridiculous.

The score was the score. The Steelers won it.

Seattle deserved no more than they got. They played even worse than Pittsburgh.

Can we please move on? I'm bored of all this already.

XL wasn't a good enough Super Bowl to warrant all this attention.

Michael said:
I'm saying Seattle should have got the first TD that was called backed on a nothing PI call. And PIttsburgh tried 3 times to get in the end zone and failed. Yes they would not have got in anymore than Indianapolis did a few years ago against the Patriots goal line stop. Seattle was robbed a TD and Pittsburgh was handed an unachieved TD. Leavingthe correct score at 17-14 Seattle.

Sorry but that is ridiculous to say. They could have been stopped on 4th and 1/2" but they also could have made it. To use the Indy/NE parallel has nothing to do with it. So you lied? This really is a sarcastic thread.

NE_Paddy said:
Oh come on, thats ridiculous.

The score was the score. The Steelers won it.

Seattle deserved no more than they got. They played even worse than Pittsburgh.

Can we please move on? I'm bored of all this already.

XL wasn't a good enough Super Bowl to warrant all this attention.

Yep, both teams played awful. The play calling was awful and the officiating tipped the win to Pittsburgh. What I said is not ridiculous and if someone wants to congratulate Pittsburgh we can also congratulate Seattle. If you and anyone else really want to move on stop creating and or replying to posts about it.

Last edited:
PATSummerallofthe80s said:

Thank you. People, move on. The better team won.

Michael said:

correct.
congratulations and sympathy for the Seattle Seahawks.

and compliments that you were able to keep the calm...

if it was an European Soccer Game at that level...i do not want either think what could have happened...

Wow... this thread is lame. I mean, I was rooting for the Seahawks, but come ON. The better team did NOT win. Ref schmef... Pitt made only three plays on offense the whole game, and Seattle still lost. Congrats to Pitt for the win... Seattle prolly feels like NE did after the Denver game; the win was there for the taking; they just didn't take it.

The Seahawks didn't win and the Steelers didn't lose. Neither deserve and congrats for different reasons.

Last edited:
Grow up. I wanted the Hawks to win too, but it was their terrible coaching decisions and time management that lost them the game. The Steelers may be real chumps of a champion, but the champs they are nonetheless.

At least the Seahawks can hoist a "We Participated" banner.

Michael said:

I could Kiss you right now..... :p Thanks Michael....

I never thought I would have to admit that the seahawks didn't just loose to them steelers, they lost to black and white stripes as well!!!

Clearly wrong calls were made, but thats the political side of the Super Bowl as we know it.....The hawks didn't play to thier potential, they choked and have to reform for next year now.....All I can say is that, 2006 will be the year of Unfinished business for the team..... I really hated;( watching them loose it all...But what can you do?

Thanks ;)

Look, I can't stand Mike Holmgren...for years now...and the Seahawks?? NFC..the enemy to an AFC fan like me...that being said...your team was robbed and the game was sullied by what can only be described as a "technical fix"...too many blatant, game changing calls, non reviews and post game running for cover

Joker said:
Look, I can't stand Mike Holmgren...for years now...and the Seahawks?? NFC..the enemy to an AFC fan like me...that being said...your team was robbed and the game was sullied by what can only be described as a "technical fix"...too many blatant, game changing calls, non reviews and post game running for cover

You can say that again... I totally believe it..
But never the less, a Win is a Win....Thats what matters and we lost...

I got sick watching the team unfold as they were cleary trying to hang on to a loosing battle....Life just sucks for them and watching Hasselbeck cry was really tearful for me.....;( They wanted that badly and sadly I hope it DOES not take another 30yrs again to make that happen..... :eek:

seahawkspatriotschick said:
Clearly wrong calls were made, but thats the political side of the Super Bowl as we know it.....The hawks didn't play to thier potential, they choked and have to reform for next year now.....All I can say is that, 2006 will be the year of Unfinished business for the team..... I really hated;( watching them loose it all...But what can you do?
All previous kidding aside, that gives me more respect for you than I had before. You're right, the refs sucked and to many seemed to easily give the impression that the game was 'fixed' but in the end, it was the 'Hawks mistakes and underperformance that ultimately cost them the game. And man, I was pulling for them, I was, but they didn't get it done when they needed to. Champions overcome, Seattle didn't. Patriots didn't in Denver. Pitts did in Indy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes