PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Congrats Pats fans. See you again in January!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple of points.
VJ put on the best WR performance I've seen in a couple of years. Just so many of his catches were ridiculous.

Rivers threw more balls into tight coverages that I've seen in a while.

Gates disappearance was surprising and I was grateful

Garay's hit on Brady SHOULD have been flagged. Carters hit on Rivers SHOULDN'T have been called. It would have been a penalty if he'd hit him with the top of his helmet. He didn't He hit him with his facemask. It was a perfect form tackle. Just the way I was taught and just the way I coached it. I guess the NFL has outlawed perfect tackles on QBs

So much inconsistency by the officials. Carter gets a flag, Garay and Laboy didn't. Boddin gets 2 very ticky tack illegal contact calls, while Gronk got tackled ten yds down field and it was ignored. And I'm sure SD fans have a few complaints as well. Officiating has been very inconsistent the first 2 games all over the league.

Congrats on the win Patriots.

I'm not going out on a limb believing these two teams are the best in the AFC.

It was a very frustrating game from an SD perspective. So many costly mistakes that swung the momentum away from us every time we had it. If we see you again in the playoffs and lose the turnover battle again, we'll lose. But, to be the best, you have to beat the best and we've gotta hold onto that football.

I love when classy fans post here.

Good game, got scary for a bit. I'll echo a previous post...I hope we don't see you in the preseason and beat the Jets!

Take care of yourself and good luck. :rocker:

It was a very frustrating game from an SD perspective. So many costly mistakes that swung the momentum away from us every time we had it. If we see you again in the playoffs and lose the turnover battle again, we'll lose. But, to be the best, you have to beat the best and we've gotta hold onto that football.

Thanks. Classy. Beat the goddam Jets!

I don't think it's a stretch. The Colts aren't going to be a factor because Peyton Manning is injured. The Steelers look like they're going to have another post-Super bowl season where they don't make the playoffs. That leaves only the Jets standing in our way during the playoffs. If we can get past them then it's Bolts vs. Pats AFC championship game assuming the two teams get 1st and 2nd seed.

It's certainly not a stretch.

But this week notwithstanding, don't sleep on the Ravens.

Don't worry, we'll take care of the Jets. We owe them a beatdown after they knocked us out of the playoffs two seasons ago.

I think we're all looking forward to that game. Good win today for the Pats. Nobody worried about the Bills?

I think we're all looking forward to that game. Good win today for the Pats. Nobody worried about the Bills?

I think worried is the wrong word.

It would be foolish to look past them - they normally play us tough once per year - and thats with a team that has generally had a miserable record.

Their new look D should get a decent work out against Brady et al.

Should be a good game - Patriots by 10.

Kudos to all the Chargers Fans that came here and posted. You guys weren't here to be Trolls most of the posts were intelligent and started good conversations. Good luck the rest of the year. One thing crush the Jets when you play them.

I wouldn't say all the fans! But lightningbolt does deserve the kudos! I actually don't mind reading your posts, unlike some other fans...

Yeah, congratulations Patriots fans, very impressive win against one of the top 5 best teams in the NFL, and a big Pat on the back for your defense.

Yeah, congratulations Patriots fans, very impressive win against one of the top 5 best teams in the NFL, and a big Pat on the back for your defense.

Thanks, as always, pherein. It's a long season and I'm sure the Chargers will cause trouble for a lot of folks down the stretch. Your Saints now have one in the left hand column, but the Falcons look like they'll be handful this season even tho they were helped by Vick's absence last night. Have a great season!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes