PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Congrats Patriots: 15 staight winning seasons

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATSNUTme

Paranoid Homer ex-moderator
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
With yesterdays win, the Patriots now have 15 straight winning seasons. I know its not a record. I know 'we are suppose to be about championships.

But in this age of free agency and salary cap, this is a really big deal. I will venture to say that no team will ever match that going forward, unless they change the free agency or the salary cap so teams can load up, year after year, like MLB teams.

So, congrats to New England Patriots organization.

In today's parity-driven league, this streak is phenomenal. It likely will not be appreciated for another decade or two, once this current string of excellence is not close to being replicated.

To put this in perspective, the number of consecutive winning seasons is in the single digits for 22 of the 32 NFL franchises. Next up is the Niners (cuing Jerry Rice) with 16 ('83-'98), Raiders with 16 ('65-'80) and then the Cowboys (20, '66-'85).

The most consecutive winning season the Bills have had is 6 ('88-'93), the Dolphins are at 7 ('97-'03) and for the Jets it is three.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back