PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Congrats Celtics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know why Bird and McHale were not in attendance, I didn't see Parish either. You would think with all the other great players from the past that they would be there.

Bird was there, he was decidedly low key. The Herald reported he was in attendance wearing a Celtics jersey.

I'm not from the NE area so I'm not a Celts fan. But I was pulling hard for them anyways, and seeing KG's post game emotions almost had me in tears. As heartbreaking as the NFL season was I'm still thankful to 2008 for the fact that I got to watch that man finally get a ring. Same goes for Allen and Pierce, and also Stern didn't get his game 7. Something better than nothing!

Image0617-2156TV71.jpg

ANYTHING'S POSSIIIBBBBLLLLLLLLE

Congrats to you all on the Celts win--I gave up watching the NBA years ago, but this year's playoffs were actually quite a treat and may bring me back into the fold (at least for next year's playoffs!). Good to see the Big 3 get their rings, along with Doc Rivers.....

Ever since my first game, 1987 game 5 vs Detroit (Bird stole the ball), I have been hooked. I started playing basketball riht around then. I followed this team pretty religiously since then. Granted, some years between 97-07 were pretty tough. I still followed this team after I had abandonned the NBA in favor of NCAA hoops.

I am and always will be a Celtics fan, unlike football where I am a Pats fan but also an NFL fan. I think the sum of all of that made this a very gratifying win. I would not rank it with the 04 World Series or any of the Super Bowls, or even UConn winning the 99 national championship (a game eerily similar to SB36). However, it is ahead of the 07 word series, the 04 UConn championships, and bowl game victories by college teams I follow.

Thank you Celtics, for satisfying our thirst for another ring and shutting up all of the "experts".

Congrats to the Celtics.

That makes four team appearances in their league championship game for four of the five major team sports in Boston. Two wins and two losses, but still four appearances at teh summit games.

Wait till nex't year...

Anyone know why Bird and McHale were not in attendance, I didn't see Parish either. You would think with all the other great players from the past that they would be there.

McHale was there - in the form of KG.

Thanks Kevin!

wow! the Celtice really handed the Lakers their asses on a platter lol

I understand that many of you (actually a lot of you) don't live in Boston and are "Patriot fans only", so I respect the fact that you could care less about the Red Sox, the Celtics or the Bruins.

That said, I've lived in Massachusetts my whole life and am a fan of all Boston sports teams and what the Celtics did this year (went from worst to first) was nothing short of spectacular, it was a terrific sports story and I'll never, ever forget what they did this season; game four is in my top five Boston sports memories. To see Paul, KG and Ray finally get a ring and put their egos aside for the good of the team is what sports should be all about.

The Celtics owned this town in the 80's and to see them go into the toilet for the better part of 20 years sucked as a Bostonian. Seeing them win it all last night was like seeing the Patriots finally win the Super Bowl in 2001. They were a laughing stock, a doormat for many seasons (I know as I sat through all of them, many as a season ticket holder) and it was awesome to finally see them win it. To see the Celtics win it vs LA made it that much sweeter.

Being a Celtics, Red Sox or Bruins fan doesn't make me any less of a Patriots fan, yet some of you act like you can only root for the Patriots.

Iv'e never been happier to be from Boston, these are great days we're living in bro's (to quote a famous movie).................

I understand that many of you (actually a lot of you) don't live in Boston and are "Patriot fans only", so I respect the fact that you could care less about the Red Sox, the Celtics or the Bruins.

That said, I've lived in Massachusetts my whole life and am a fan of all Boston sports teams and what the Celtics did this year (went from worst to first) was nothing short of spectacular, it was a terrific sports story and I'll never, ever forget what they did this season; game four is in my top five Boston sports memories. To see Paul, KG and Ray finally get a ring and put their egos aside for the good of the team is what sports should be all about.

The Celtics owned this town in the 80's and to see them go into the toilet for the better part of 20 years sucked as a Bostonian. Seeing them win it all last night was like seeing the Patriots finally win the Super Bowl in 2001. They were a laughing stock, a doormat for many seasons (I know as I sat through all of them, many as a season ticket holder) and it was awesome to finally see them win it. To see the Celtics win it vs LA made it that much sweeter.

Being a Celtics, Red Sox or Bruins fan doesn't make me any less of a Patriots fan, yet some of you act like you can only root for the Patriots.

Iv'e never been happier to be from Boston, these are great days we're living in bro's (to quote a famous movie).................

Well said sir!! :rocker::rocker:

Awesome.... better luck next year Kobeefed.

I thought Bill Simmons' articles on the NBA finals were pretty good. It is nice to see that he got to share that special moment with his dad at the Garden.

wow...couldn't agree more. This was by far one of my favorite sports moments that I've seen. I'm fairly young so I haven't seen a lot but cmon......seeing Ray/Pierce/KG/Doc getting their rings was amazing and gave me goosebumps watching guys like Pierce and KG going wild during the post game and getting HUGE ovations from the Garden crowd(who have been spectacular all post season). I don't think there could have possible been a better storyline for this 2007-2008 Boston Celtics team than what happened. And what a ride in the playoffs...being taken to game seven by the Atlanta frigging Hawks, being majorly scared by the Cavs, blowing past the Pistons and being THE UNDERDOGS somehow against the Lakers and kicking their ASS.

My top 5 moments from this post season:

1) OBVIOUSLY Game 6 vs the Lakers, 40 point BEATING unleashed by the Celtics. I think just about every single player that was dressed for the game scored aside from Sam Cassell. Obviously winning the title and the post game were tremendous.

2) Game 4 vs the Lakers. LMFAO. Greatest comeback in Finals history. It was hilarious watching that Lakers melt down that went on for about 15 minutes of play.

3) Game 6 vs Detroit. FINALLY!!! A long enough wait but it was well worth it.

4) Pierce drops 40 points on Lebron in Game 7 vs the Cavs.

5) Pierce's dramatic return to Game 1 vs the Lakers where he was CARRIED off the court and came back to ruin the Lakers prompting outrage from LA fans about how he faked his injury.

All I know is that is was a real treat watching this Celtics team all year. KG is the most intense player I've ever seen. I thought Brady was an intense guy, but KG makes him look like a mime. It's insane! :D

Congrats Celts! Heres to keeping the championship momentum train going for the Red Sox and Pats.:rocker:

This is a great win for sure, but for me, it is making the SB hurt even more. We were so close to having 3 titles in one year. Has that ever been done?

Beating the Lakers in 6 games, with the greatest comeback game in history earlier, and the most lopsided close out game victory in history........YES, it helped alot to ease the pain of February. It helped quite a bit! Heck, BC winning the Hockey Championship, and Scituate High winning last weeks State Lacrosse Championship even helped, but I'm easy. :)

I was about 10 or 11 when the Celtics got Bird... needless to say I grew up thinking that NBA titles always came every year or two. Then came the tragedys of Len Bias and Reggie Lewis... this was a sweet victory. I will never forget it.
So yes- it takes the sting off a bit, but if anything it has only increased my desire for the Pats to win it all this coming season.

Congrats Celts!! GO PATS!!!!! :D :rocker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back