PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Congrats Celtics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Sorry guys, for me, It DOES make up for it.

Celts win was great but its not a pats win in the sb

You don't have to appologize. Personally I don't give a crap about the Celtics but I am happy for you and your fellow Celtic fans.

I have very little interest in basketball (or baseball) but I too am happy for you and the city of Boston.

Until I lived in New England, and saw how little attention the Globe gives to the greatest football team New England will ever see, I didn't understand why some people on this board seemed resentful of the Red Sox and the Celtics.
Still, if the price of the Patriots winning another Superbowl is that the other two teams go 0-62, I'd be happy to see it paid!

I can understand the sentiment, and I was happy for them. However, it just wasn't the same. I just couldn't stop thinking how great it would be to have three championships in the city at one time. That being said, I really shouldn't complain. We really have an embarrasment of sports riches here in Boston. As such, I am trying to enjoy it as much as possible.

I was surprised by my reaction, especially since i havent follwed them too closely the last 2 years, but when the Celtics won it last night, it was only the 3rd time i found myself crying as sports fan i was so happy.

1. When the Patriots beat the Rams

2. When the Red Sox won the World Series

3. After 22 years, the Celtics win # 17

I wouldnt have done so had the Patriots beat the Giants

So you're an "all-sports" fan who has equal sentiment for baseball and basketball. Fine. Why do you think that's worthy of a thread on this message board? I wouldn't trade one Patriots regular-season win for a barrel full of title trophies in other sports. For what it's worth I commend the Celtics and watched the Lakers series from start to finish, but it doesn't hold a candle to the Patriots winning football games.

So you're an "all-sports" fan who has equal sentiment for baseball and basketball. Fine. Why do you think that's worthy of a thread on this message board? I wouldn't trade one Patriots regular-season win for a barrel full of title trophies in other sports. For what it's worth I commend the Celtics and watched the Lakers series from start to finish, but it doesn't hold a candle to the Patriots winning football games.

Agreed. I was certainly pulling for the Celts and hoping KG got a ring. But, on a scale of relevance of 1-10 for me, Pats are a 10, hockey/basketball, are a 2 and baseball is a -5.

But congrats to Boston sports fans. It must be a hell of a time to be a sports fan in Boston right now.

Last edited:
Congrats CELTICS!!!!!

And Congrats to

MVPierce

Agreed. I was certainly pulling for the Celts and hoping KG got a ring. But, on a scale of relevance of 1-10 for me, Pats are a 10, hockey/basketball, are a 2 and baseball is a -5.

But congrats to Boston sports fans. It must be a hell of a time to be a sports fan in Boston right now.

See for me the scale of 1-10 is more like this.

bruins 5 (Bruins would be higher as I like hockey better than Basketball but the orginization pisses me off)

Celtics 8

Redsox 9.9

Patriots 100

Its not that I don't love the other teams its just that I am ridiculousy obsessed abuot the Patriots and Football.

Of course, the Patriots will always be No. 1 to everyone here. (This is a Pats message board, duh!)

I consider basketball and baseball something to pass the time with before football season begins. By the way, Allen should have been MVP.

Of course, the Patriots will always be No. 1 to everyone here. (This is a Pats message board, duh!)

I consider basketball and baseball something to pass the time with before football season begins. By the way, Allen should have been MVP.

I think it was close.

Both Allen and Pierce had a great series. I just don't think Allen performed that much better than Pierce (tough to tell who really did perform better) to overlook the Sentimentality of the life long Celtic and captain and of course the game one injury.

I think it was close.

Both Allen and Pierce had a great series. I just don't think Allen performed that much better than Pierce (tough to tell who really did perform better) to overlook the Sentimentality of the life long Celtic and captain and of course the game one injury.

Yeah, but Allen was consistent throughout. Pierce had 1, maybe 2, bad to decent games. And let's not get into the injury. That's gonna be something most basketball fans will be laughing at rather than praising in future years.

Last edited:

I can understand the sentiment, and I was happy for them. However, it just wasn't the same. I just couldn't stop thinking how great it would be to have three championships in the city at one time. That being said, I really shouldn't complain. We really have an embarrasment of sports riches here in Boston. As such, I am trying to enjoy it as much as possible.

same here...the thought kept crossing my mind over and over again...

but this is not just a celtic championship, this is a ring for Pierce, the guy who lived in Boston, and this organization through some really, really, really terrible times......he stuck with it, he was always a sport, and he is a very underrated player....and now he has a ring

it was also for KB and Allen....two greats who deserved to win

im a football fan, but i am a boston fan, i watch the pats no matter waht, but i watch the sox and celts when they show promise...

and not to mention seeing our backups hit 3 after 3 at the end of the game, almost breaking the finals record of margin of victory (missed it by 4) against the all great/all powerfull lakers/kobe/jackson put one hell of a smile on my face

3 in one year would have been more then amazing...
(maybe next year?)

Im not an nba fan. i went to the celtics games as a kid with my dad, but just always preferred football. with that said, congrats to true celtics fans who have suffered through the bad years. we long time pats fans know what thats like .lol.

Don't quite get the hostility, personally. I couldn't pick between the Celtics, Red Sox, and Patriots, if asked. They're my 3 favorite teams. Following a basketball team and a baseball team as well doesn't make you less of a football fan. Also, if the Sox repeat and the Pats take care of business, the 3-fer can still happen.

Last edited:
Congrats Celtics,:rocker: I wondered sometimes if I'd ever see the day the Celtics would be good enough to win a title again.

Don't quite get the hostility, personally. I couldn't pick between the Celtics, Red Sox, and Patriots, if asked. They're my 3 favorite teams. Following a basketball team and a baseball team as well doesn't make you less of a football fan. Also, if the Sox repeat and the Pats take care of business, the 3-fer can still happen.

Oh yes oh yes....the luck of the Irish is on our side......

17th Title....

17th day of June.....

St. Patricks day = 17th

3 Titles = 3 leaves of the clover....

its going to happen.....this is our year....:rocker::rocker:

Shame that Tiger Woods surgery is the story getting #1 coverage today.

Oh yes oh yes....the luck of the Irish is on our side......

17th Title....

17th day of June.....

St. Patricks day = 17th

3 Titles = 3 leaves of the clover....

its going to happen.....this is our year....:rocker::rocker:

Don't forget that the Celtics all time leading scorer, the great John Havlicek(#17!!), was in attendence.

Don't forget that the Celtics all time leading scorer, the great John Havlicek(#17!!), was in attendence.

Off all the heart warming celebration the players were seen doing on TV,I must say a few tears rolled down my cheeks when Garnett and Bill Russell hugged each other and KG says to him "I got one now","I got one" - That was too emotional not to break down and cry a little especially with all the talk about Russell 'demonstrating what it is to be a champion' to Garnett in interviews during the playoffs.

I'm not from the NE area so I'm not a Celts fan. But I was pulling hard for them anyways, and seeing KG's post game emotions almost had me in tears. As heartbreaking as the NFL season was I'm still thankful to 2008 for the fact that I got to watch that man finally get a ring. Same goes for Allen and Pierce, and also Stern didn't get his game 7. Something better than nothing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes