PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Congrats and thanks for a great reg season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you Pats for a heck of a season. Be proud of the 11-5 record and come back next season ready to win it all.

More than most could have hoped for in Week 1 with the rash of injuries.

This team is built to last. To be on the outside looking in at 11-5 is a bitter pill to swallow, but better that than 6-10 with a host of excuses directed at why the team didn't win. The Pats make some good draft moves and offseason acquisitions and return as a force in 2009.

I do not, however, think this season is like 2002. That team barely avoided losing 3 straight at the end of the season to go 8-8. The Pats team that year simply did not deserve to be in the playoffs. This year, even with the defensive issues over the season, the Pats deserved to be in the post-season and could have been a factor. I will have to take comfort in the knowledge that teams are breathing easier knowing the Pats aren't in the post-season.

The Patriots deserved to make it to the playoffs, despite what others in denial will say. But from Day 1 it was made clear that this just wasn't our year. Still, 11-5 under the conditions, damn good.

I want to say the Patriots will come back stronger than ever, but that is what I believed after they scraped themselves off the field in Arizona this past February, and that wasn't the case. So I don't know. I don't even want to think about next season. But thankfully, Belichick and company will do the thinking for us. The Patriots will put forth an honest effort and that's all we can really expect from them.

I am as proud of this team as I was in 2001. In the face of adversity - after adversity - they never gave up, they fought, the beleived and they stayed hungry! Thank you for a truly enjoyable and remarkable season, Patriots!

Congrats 2008 Patriots, on an amazing season. Considering the circumstances, it was nothing short of a spectacular season. I feel it definitely ended too soon and would have LOVED to have seen what we could have done in the postseason, but i have to be happy with THIS team.

I believe that because of everything we endured during the season, we will be THAT much better next year. My emotions we like a roller coaster this season and they're definitely ending on the high point. When Brady went down, i think we all were looking at 5-11 more than 11-5. The jets and dolphins had stop-gap qb solutions and will regress in the near future. Buffalo is stuck in a state of flux. We get our ALL World QB back next year, we can work on a defense that dissapointed us all, and need to draft much more effectively and we will EASILY win this division next year.

Think of how SAD and PATHETIC it is to be a JETS fan right now. Favre sucks. Mangini sucks and in the ONE year they had a chance to take the division from us due to injury, they CHOKE it away! lol Plus, during their last game of the season they're rooting for their division rivals!! Classless and sad. Typical new yorkers.

So, there it is. Now i'm off to scout the draft and see who will be joining us next season!

It was a OK season.
They kept us in it till the end.

Good thread,congrats to this team who posted an 11-5 record when most pundits had us 8-8 or worse....huge effort from all,i'm very proud.

Was thinking on the way home we have won 27 games in 2 years.. what an incredible run, incredible team.. started off this year lukewarm(SB burnout)... but am now as enthused as ever..
Funny I was thinking the exact same thing this afternoon. I guess great minds think alike. :D

Last edited:
The Patriots deserved to make it to the playoffs, despite what others in denial will say. But from Day 1 it was made clear that this just wasn't our year. Still, 11-5 under the conditions, damn good.

I want to say the Patriots will come back stronger than ever, but that is what I believed after they scraped themselves off the field in Arizona this past February, and that wasn't the case. So I don't know. I don't even want to think about next season. But thankfully, Belichick and company will do the thinking for us. The Patriots will put forth an honest effort and that's all we can really expect from them.
I agree, it seemed everytime we needed something to happen for us it didn't. And i not only mean injuries,i mean bad penalties or shooting ourselves in the foot just at the wrong time. Then there are the teams that lost whenever we needed one to win. Early on i thought its just not our year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes