PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Confirmed: KOC's Release Signaled Hoyer's Rise

Status
Not open for further replies.
cmon dudes. hoyer was playing against 3rd stringers. he did absolutely nothing against the first team. benjarvis was by far the player of this game and the reason why we won. all this hoyer love is ridic.

Sorry, I missed the part where Brian Hoyer was anything more than a back up and on the same level (if not lower) than those he was facing, seeing as he's a UDFA and all. And Law Firm looked average until they inserted their back ups and scrubs.

nah man, ben jarvis was a player last season against number 1 guys. i know what he can do against ones. hoyer has never done it against ones.

His 275 yards and 3.7ypc average mark him out as a 'player' against number ones?

You have some low standards.

2000 Scouting Report from a low draft pick who likes hanging out with supermodels....

"Two-year starter. Very tall with a thin build. Needs to upgrade his overall strength. Pocket passer with average quickness. Can slide from pressure, but is not very elusive. Doesn't look to run. Holds the ball a bit low, but has a fairly quick release. Lacks a strong arm. Doesn't rifle the long outs, but he's an accurate passer with a good feel for touch. Sails some throws and hangs some deep balls. Leader. Eyeballs his primary target at times, but shows the ability to come off and find alternates. Generally makes good decisions. Had a good Orange Bowl.

Fits, but then they can't see what is going on between the ears...

I went to MSU and watched all the games, the reason why he took so many chances and had unimpressive college stats is because MSU LOVES to run the ball. Javon Ringer was a beast here, he had like 43 rushing attempts against Florida Atlantic when MSU was annihilating them. He was durable, other teams would stack 8+ guys in the box and he just ran, ran, ran. The score or team didn't matter, MSU rushed it.

Not to mention MSU WRs had more drops than any other team in college football last year, I think it was like 70+ or something ridiculous. So not all the interceptions or bad stats are Hoyer's fault. I think due to the fact that Ringer was the man Hoyer felt like he had to take more chances since the coaches never really put the game in his hands.

That's what I think at least.

So you have concerns over his feet or decision making while under pressure?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back