PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Conference call Q&A?s with Welker, Harrison, Faulk and Morris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christopher_Price

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Thanks to the Patriots’ PR staff, here are the complete transcripts from conference calls this afternoon with Wes Welker, Rodney Harrison, Kevin Faulk and Sammy Morris:Wide receiver Wes WelkerQ: Can you talk about how you guys had more success with the passing game yesterday against the San Francisco 49ers, particularly with wide receiver Randy Moss?WW: [...]

More...

Interesting comments from Sammy about RB attitudes and mindsets.

Q: Do you remember the last time you scored two touchdowns in a game?
KF: No I don’t remember. That is kind of far back for me. I can barely remember what happened a couple of weeks ago.

I don't know that a guy convicted for marijuana possession should be saying things like this to reporters :stars2:

I don't know that a guy convicted for marijuana possession should be saying things like this to reporters :stars2:

Oh come on, marijuana doesn't diminish one's, uh... what were we talking about?

what is this marijuana you speak of...and where can I buy a tractor trailer load ....oh wait...I only got 50 cents....nevermind

Q: Coach Bill Belichick said that yesterday might have been the first time you scored two touchdowns in a game since the fourth grade. Is he correct with his research on that?
KF: That might have been one of the few times that Bill [Belichick] was a little incorrect. I think it was in college that it happened.

LOL at faulk...

also, by sammy...smart guy...he mentioned the TE's, and Evans, and on top of that when he talks about the O-line he mentiones ALL 5....

Q: Coach Bill Belichick said that yesterday might have been the first time you scored two touchdowns in a game since the fourth grade. Is he correct with his research on that?
KF: That might have been one of the few times that Bill [Belichick] was a little incorrect. I think it was in college that it happened.

LOL at faulk...

also, by sammy...smart guy...he mentioned the TE's, and Evans, and on top of that when he talks about the O-line he mentiones ALL 5....

*** NITPICK ALERT ***

BB said that's the first time he RAN for 2 TDs in a game since 4th grade. :D

This comment was the most interesting to me:

Q: How about that dime package in general? It seems like we saw that more in this game than in the previous three. How did you feel in that package? Did it allow you to attack a little bit more or just cover better?
RH: When they have their four athletic guys out there at wide receiver, we have to have a number of athletic guys to match up with them. Sometimes you win those match-ups and sometimes you don’t. Like I said before, it’s a matter of us going out there and being competitive. I thought our guys, Ellis [Hobbs], Deltha [O’Neal], Jonathan Wilhite and myself, we competed against those guys. This was a good team. They have a lot of skilled players and are very underrated. To be able to go out there and compete with those guys, that’s huge. They’re good. People across the country may not think so, but they’re going to win a lot of ballgames this year, with Mike Martz, with his expertise in trying to showcase certain things and route combinations and things of that sort. I think the guys overall, we did a pretty good job.

Hmm Wilhite is in over Wheatley? Did we whiff on yet another 2nd round pick? Don't get me wrong, I'm pleased that a 4th rounder is contributing to our dime package, but what is it with BB and screwing up 2nd round picks lately?

Hmm Wilhite is in over Wheatley? Did we whiff on yet another 2nd round pick? Don't get me wrong, I'm pleased that a 4th rounder is contributing to our dime package, but what is it with BB and screwing up 2nd round picks lately?
In case you missed it, Reiss commented on the Wilhite - Wheatley situation today:

What is going on with Terrence Wheatley? He appeared to be the number two corner coming out of training camp and now it looks like Jonathan Wilhite has passed him as he can't even get on the field. From what I've seen of the secondary, I would think that they would at least give him some run or is it finally time to get Ty Law in here?
Tim

A: Tim, I don't think Wilhite has necessarily passed Wheatley, because I actually view them to be playing different positions. I see Wilhite more as a slot corner right now, while Wheatley is more an outside corner. When the Patriots went to their dime look (six defensive backs), they needed a slot guy and that's why I feel Wilhite got the nod. Deltha O'Neal and Ellis Hobbs are clearly ahead of Wheatley on the outside right now. I don't see Ty Law coming to New England at this point.

Nice explanation from Ask PFW:
Ask PFW, California edition

I've noticed rookie cornerback Jonathan Wilhite is on the field way more than fellow rookie Terrence Wheatley. Is it just me? How do you think Wheatley has looked in practice?
David T.

In the San Francisco game, David, Wilhite did see some significant minutes in the sub packages as a slot cover guy. But keep in mind, when starting right corner Ellis Hobbs went out for a play or two, it was Wheatley who took his place out there on the edge. As for how Wheatley, this year’s second-round pick has looked in practice, it’s difficult for us to say. Unlike during training camp, when we’re allowed to watch the entire session, the media is only allowed about 15 minutes of viewing time during the regular season, and most of that time covers the opening stretching period. So, there’s not much to see of Wheatley, or any other player, for that matter. What we have seen of him, however, leads me to believe that Wheatley is a very good corner with the intelligence to match. It’s a numbers game right now, with veterans Deltha O’Neal and Lewis Sanders ahead of him, but in time, I believe Wheatley will be a more consistent contributor for the Pats. And Wilhite, I must say, has been a pleasant surprise. For a fourth-round pick, he has shown the ability to hold his own against top-flight competition at this level. I’d say the Pats are in a good position for the future with these two young, talented rookies.
Erik Scalavino

Oh come on, marijuana doesn't diminish one's, uh... what were we talking about?

I'm now looking at Faulk's comment last year that he "preferred playing on grass" in a whole new light.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back