Welcome to PatsFans.com

Conference call Q&A?s with Welker, Harrison, Faulk and Morris

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Christopher_Price, Oct 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Christopher_Price

Christopher_Price Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Thanks to the Patriots’ PR staff, here are the complete transcripts from conference calls this afternoon with Wes Welker, Rodney Harrison, Kevin Faulk and Sammy Morris:Wide receiver Wes WelkerQ: Can you talk about how you guys had more success with the passing game yesterday against the San Francisco 49ers, particularly with wide receiver Randy Moss?WW: [...]

More...

2. Leave No Doubt

Leave No Doubt PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Interesting comments from Sammy about RB attitudes and mindsets.

3. CheerforTom

CheerforTom Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I don't know that a guy convicted for marijuana possession should be saying things like this to reporters :stars2:

4. Patjew

Patjew PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +498 / 2 / -1

No Jersey Selected

Oh come on, marijuana doesn't diminish one's, uh... what were we talking about?

5. Joker

Joker PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +3,646 / 27 / -35

what is this marijuana you speak of...and where can I buy a tractor trailer load ....oh wait...I only got 50 cents....nevermind

6. ALP

ALP Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +116 / 4 / -0

Q: Coach Bill Belichick said that yesterday might have been the first time you scored two touchdowns in a game since the fourth grade. Is he correct with his research on that?
    KF: That might have been one of the few times that Bill [Belichick] was a little incorrect. I think it was in college that it happened.

LOL at faulk...

also, by sammy...smart guy...he mentioned the TE's, and Evans, and on top of that when he talks about the O-line he mentiones ALL 5....

7. emoney_33

emoney_33 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

*** NITPICK ALERT ***

BB said that's the first time he RAN for 2 TDs in a game since 4th grade. :D

8. VJCPatriot

VJCPatriot Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +66 / 1 / -4

This comment was the most interesting to me:

Q: How about that dime package in general? It seems like we saw that more in this game than in the previous three. How did you feel in that package? Did it allow you to attack a little bit more or just cover better?
    RH: When they have their four athletic guys out there at wide receiver, we have to have a number of athletic guys to match up with them. Sometimes you win those match-ups and sometimes you don’t. Like I said before, it’s a matter of us going out there and being competitive. I thought our guys, Ellis [Hobbs], Deltha [O’Neal], Jonathan Wilhite and myself, we competed against those guys. This was a good team. They have a lot of skilled players and are very underrated. To be able to go out there and compete with those guys, that’s huge. They’re good. People across the country may not think so, but they’re going to win a lot of ballgames this year, with Mike Martz, with his expertise in trying to showcase certain things and route combinations and things of that sort. I think the guys overall, we did a pretty good job.

Hmm Wilhite is in over Wheatley? Did we whiff on yet another 2nd round pick? Don't get me wrong, I'm pleased that a 4th rounder is contributing to our dime package, but what is it with BB and screwing up 2nd round picks lately?

9. jmt57

jmt57 Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +816 / 1 / -3

In case you missed it, Reiss commented on the Wilhite - Wheatley situation today:

10. JSn

JSn Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -0

Nice explanation from Ask PFW:
    Ask PFW, California edition

11. JoeSixPat

JoeSixPat Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +188 / 2 / -3

I'm now looking at Faulk's comment last year that he "preferred playing on grass" in a whole new light.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.