PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Condolences from a Broncos fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Broncofan2729

Rookie
Reaction score
Being a fan of the Broncos, I know how you all are feeling, having gone through this twice in just a few months. It seems like he was a great guy and that he died a hero. One tragic coincidence is that he, Darrent, and Damien were all 24 years old. There were many classy pats fans to come to the broncos boards after the deaths of our players so i figured it was the least I could do to return the favor.

This is very shocking, as it was when the Bronco players died. Thanks for posting.

classy post. Thanks for reciprocating.

Its good to see our rival fans join in as 'ONE' when it comes to giving sympathy to a fallen player -Thanks for the uplifting post.

I also want to offer our thoughts and prayers for both the family and Patriot fans from Bronco fans everywhere. This kind of thing strikes so close to home and leaves so many questions. I live in the DFW area only a few miles from where Darrent Williams grew up, and so I know the wounds of this run deep in your community. God bless...

Very sorry to hear about the tragedy today, terrible tragedy indeed, we bronco fans know how you guys must feel right now as you would already know the news. May Marquise Hill r.i.p.....

i too am a bronco fan.

although we disagree on so much, bronco and patriot fans must come together for things like this. it has happened to us twice, so we know what your going through. All of them, Darrent, Damien, and Marquise were promising young talents. God Bless you all!:(

that is very kind of you to express your sympathy

What I think is extra sad about the Darrent Williams situation is how there is footage of Williams playing football merely hours before his death. No one could have known the tragic events of later that evening.

Note, I know I seem like I am comparing deaths. I mean no disrespect to Hill just because there is no video footage of him earlier in the day of his death.

that is very kind of you to express your sympathy

What I think is extra sad about the Darrent Williams situation is how there is footage of Williams playing football merely hours before his death. No one could have known the tragic events of later that evening.

Note, I know I seem like I am comparing deaths. I mean no disrespect to Hill just because there is no video footage of him earlier in the day of his death.

Yes, that makes it really tough on us. thank you for understanding. on the broncos board, all of the patriot fans are trolls and are really dumb. the people on here seem to have class and respect. thank you.

Thank you Bronco fans!

Our hearts go out to the family and friends of Hill after this tragic event. Sympathies to all of the Patriots, the organization and to all of you fans. Sadness once again around the NFL as we mourn the loss of another fine young man.

Hang in there Patriot fans. We are all thinking of you at this difficult time.

Bronco Fan from Utah.

you know it is for reasons like this that I almost was a Broncos fan. Growing up in another country yet loving the sport I found a great team to follow, perhaps proximity had something to do with following the pats 20 years ago, who knows. However Denver and NE are both similar teams with similar coaches and show similar class, they always give each other fits when they meet, it is certainly fun to watch...

Obviously this is just a small cross-section of their fan base, however I am sure NE has their idiot fans too...

Thanks for the posts Bronco fans. It is sad to see life cut short in any cirmstance, esp. in situations like this where the kids would have had so much life ahead of them. It is always comforting to know that under one league of many teams, we all come together for what really counts...

Condolonses to the families and friends all off such situations...further proof that tomorrow is indeed not promised to any of us. Make sure you kiss your kids b4 you go to work each morning and live it the best way you can..

Stuff like this always puts things in perspective...

you know it is for reasons like this that I almost was a Broncos fan. Growing up in another country yet loving the sport I found a great team to follow, perhaps proximity had something to do with following the pats 20 years ago, who knows. However Denver and NE are both similar teams with similar coaches and show similar class, they always give each other fits when they meet, it is certainly fun to watch...

Obviously this is just a small cross-section of their fan base, however I am sure NE has their idiot fans too...

Thanks for the posts Bronco fans. It is sad to see life cut short in any cirmstance, esp. in situations like this where the kids would have had so much life ahead of them. It is always comforting to know that under one league of many teams, we all come together for what really counts...

Condolonses to the families and friends all off such situations...further proof that tomorrow is indeed not promised to any of us. Make sure you kiss your kids b4 you go to work each morning and live it the best way you can..

Stuff like this always puts things in perspective...

It is at times like this, we put our team preferences aside and come together as human beings.

We Bronco fans have our trolls as do all teams, but I think you will find most of us have class especially at difficult times such as this.

Another Bronco fan wishing to express my condolences.:(
My heart goes out to all of you, and his family.
May he R.I.P.

I know I spend most of my time on this board being rude, but seriously. A young man died, and it's a tragedy. I feel pretty bad, especially after reading how he gave back to the community.

Our teams have something to play for now. I hope you all do well this year. I'm optimistic our teams will pull together and help the world remember the three young men we lost this offseason.

You're one of our biggest rivals, but here's hoping you can go deep into the playoffs for Marquise. And if you win one in his memory, I might even cheer.

Godspeed Marquise.

Another Bronco fan checking in.

My condolences to Mr. Hill's family, all in the Patriots organization, and all fans of the Patriots. Way too many tragedies in the NFL this season.

RIP Marquise.

Thanks to you all. It is sad that it sometimes takes a tragedy to remind us that we are all together in the brotherhood of humanity, to put into perspective our differences, and to remind us that football (or any competitive sport, for that matter) is not a matter of life and death, or even religion, but only a matter of entertainment.

I posted my condolences on the main Hill thread and as a Broncos fan I'll post my condolences here as well. Our teams are great rivals and I always enjoy watching the intensity of our matchups. I'm very sorry that your team and fans had this tragedy happen to them. We had many kind words from Pats fans on our Broncos board after the January tragedies with Damien and Darrent and I appreciated the thoughtfulness. My thoughts to out to Hill's family and teammates. Hang in there Pats fans!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back