Welcome to PatsFans.com

Condoleezza SLICE!

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Holy Diver, Aug 21, 2012.

1. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

There is no gambling at Bushwood, and I never Condi Rice....

Augusta National adds first two female members - News | FOX Sports on MSN

Cool move by a stuffy racist elitist country club. After all its the 90s, get with the times!

Great Honor for women, and Rice-Rice-Baby!

(Imagine if she was on the ticket with Romney? We'd be talking about black republican women breaking racial and sexual barriers....instead of Medicare, taxes and abortions....Maybe Patradomus was right when he bet me they'd win by 15 pts....we'll never know though)
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2012
  2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

Good move for Augusta, about time..

The membership fees are not all that expensive.. but sure there are lot of hidden fees.. bag storage, locker rental, range fees, monthly minimums etc. Unless they make a lot of money of the annual tournament there..

I play most of my golf on public courses, but once a year I play on a private course in a member guest tournament.. holy shyt is it nice and compares to no other course that I have been on. Everything is nicer, cleaner and the food is out of this world. They have a buffet afterwards, and the first place that I have seen where they have calamari diablo on the salad part of the buffet.
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2012
  3. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +147 / 2 / -1

OT: most private clubs have significant monthly minimums. I'd assume Augusta does as well. No idea how the economics of these clubs work, but if it's a $10k monthly minimum, I'd think that would cover costs. They don't need to turn a profit, per se, if the members are owners ( again, don't know how they structure it there)
  4. Charlotte Pats Fan

Charlotte Pats Fan Rookie

Ratings:
    +35 / 1 / -3

No Jersey Selected

Private Clubs like Augusta don't have huge monthly dues. Matter of fact these dues and food minimums are usually quite small. They are however assesed for any improvement made to the club. If there are 1 million dollars in improvements and there is 100 members they each get a bill for $10,000. No questions asked.

I was a member a private CC for 15 years. I paid monthly dues and a quarterly food minimum. there were no assesements and membership was not exclusive.

I know a member of Quail Hollow CC. Home of the Wells Fargo Championship. Membership is by invatation only, Dues are cheap and asssesments can be huge. One year his assement was over 75K.
  5. IllegalContact

IllegalContact On the Roster

Ratings:
    +256 / 4 / -8

any high end CC will run you at least 50-60K per year when all is said and done........