PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Condensed Super Bowl Predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ron, does "former NFL running back" have a name?

Oops, the brain was working faster than the fingers on the keyboard. Got to get me that Dragon Naturally speaking voice-to-text software.

Warrick Dunn.

I think Deacon Jones took too many hits to the head. His comments:

Why the Giants will win: I think it's going to come down to getting pressure on the quarterback.
MVP: Justin Tuck
One other game prediction: I wouldn't be surprised if either team scores more than 50 points.

Prediction: Giants 45, Pats 44.

LOL. So pressure on the QB will be key, Tuck will be MVP and the score will be 45-44. Right.

Lot of people picking the pats reason -tom brady
and everyone picking the giants seems to giving legitimate football reasons.

Brady isn't a legitimate football reason?

Lot of people picking the pats reason -tom brady
and everyone picking the giants seems to giving legitimate football reasons.

With all due respect, I believe you have been brainwashed by the entertainers masquerading as analysts.

What "legitimate football reasons" have been given, because every single one I have heard can be easily punctured and shown to be anything but legitimate.

For example:

The front four will pressure Brady just like in 2007
- The team is completely different; 60% of the o-line has changed, for the better.

Julian Edelman will get burnt
- He's not covering anybody one one one; he's the dime back

The Giants won before, plus they have players back that weren't there in week 9.
- The Giants won primarily due to poor play of backups that were on the field for the Pats in week 9 (White, Brown, Adams); why are the players the Pats were missing not discussed as well?

The Pats were lucky (missed FG, Evans drop)
- It was a Moore strip more than an Evans drop. Lucky? How about the two SF gift fumbles? The non-fumble call on Bradshaw?

The Giants are more battle-tested against tougher competition
- Didn't we go through how meaningless that stat was last week before the Ravens game?

SF defense is better than the Pats defense, therefore Giants win easily.
- So you're saying the 49ers offense is as good as the Pats offense?

Pats haven't faced a defense this good
- I think the Ravens defense is better than the one that ranked 25th in points allowed

Pats defense is horrible
- Then how do you describe the Giants defense, that ranked ten places lower than the Pats in points allowed?

Giants are hot
- How is five straight wins hotter than ten straight wins?

I'm sure I left a few out, but I have yet to see any "true legitimate football reasons" as to why the Giants will win that at the very least have a counterpoint that make this a tossup, if not favor the Pats to win.

My favorite is: The Giants have all the match ups in their favor. The only clear match-up they have in this game is their WR vs. the secondary. That is it! Their O-line sucks. Their DBs suck. If they don't get pressure on Brady they are really screwed.

With all due respect, I believe you have been brainwashed by the entertainers masquerading as analysts.

What "legitimate football reasons" have been given, because every single one I have heard can be easily punctured and shown to be anything but legitimate.

For example:

The front four will pressure Brady just like in 2007
- The team is completely different; 60% of the o-line has changed, for the better.

Julian Edelman will get burnt
- He's not covering anybody one one one; he's the dime back

The Giants won before, plus they have players back that weren't there in week 9.
- The Giants won primarily due to poor play of backups that were on the field for the Pats in week 9 (White, Brown, Adams); why are the players the Pats were missing not discussed as well?

The Pats were lucky (missed FG, Evans drop)
- It was a Moore strip more than an Evans drop. Lucky? How about the two SF gift fumbles? The non-fumble call on Bradshaw?

The Giants are more battle-tested against tougher competition
- Didn't we go through how meaningless that stat was last week before the Ravens game?

SF defense is better than the Pats defense, therefore Giants win easily.
- So you're saying the 49ers offense is as good as the Pats offense?

Pats haven't faced a defense this good
- I think the Ravens defense is better than the one that ranked 25th in points allowed

Pats defense is horrible
- Then how do you describe the Giants defense, that ranked ten places lower than the Pats in points allowed?

Giants are hot
- How is five straight wins hotter than ten straight wins?

I'm sure I left a few out, but I have yet to see any "true legitimate football reasons" as to why the Giants will win that at the very least have a counterpoint that make this a tossup, if not favor the Pats to win.

Well..I stand corrected.What I meant was anyone who is picking the giants is giving some football reason however wrong it maybe e.g pass rush/WR/poor pats secondary. No one seems to talk what the pats can do even those picking the pats. Just an observation. Doesnt mean they are right.

ESPN talking heads Schlereth,Bruschi, and the host who's name escapes me all picked Pats by same score 27-24 !! :rocker:

They didn't know in advance what the other guys picks or scores were....( really ?)

I think you mean Mike Torico?

Mike Torico looks like a pedophile. Didn't surprise me when I found out (years later) that he was suspended for stalking some female ESPN employee and parking in front of her house. Actually I was surprised it wasn't little boys like Penn State.

When it comes to picking Pats games by Analysts or Sports TV personalities, the only opinion I care about is Wilbon's from PTI and he picked the Pats yesterday. The guy is right about the Pats' games' outcomes a lot. He picked the Jets last year.

So I was very happy that he picked them; not that I had any doubt they would win.

Three more 'experts' (I've never heard of any of them) at Fox Sports all choose the Giants to win. Maybe it has something to do with going with the team from the conference they broadcast, who knows.

NFL Video - NFL - FOX Sports on MSN

Mark Kriegel: Giants 24, Pats 21
Peter Schrager/: Giants 30, Pats 21
Nancy Gay: Giants by a TD in OT after both first kick a FG in OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back