Welcome to PatsFans.com

Conan. Is. Great.

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by fleabassist1, Jan 22, 2010.

1. fleabassist1

fleabassist1 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

I can't wait till Sep. 1. Funniest talk show host! 65 Million dollars? God he is great.

2. efin98

efin98 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

It was $45 million with $12 million of that going to his staff of 200.

He can't sign on with anyone until September 1st so unless he can hammer out an agreement in principle beforehand and the new network(Fox is biggest candidate!) sets up a new set, studio, and hires on his entire staff beforehand his next show won't go on air until later on that month or not until October or November.

I hope he owns his own show this time so he can keep the rights to all his bits and all of his shows so that he won't have to start from scratch again...which he has to do in September since NBC is keeping all of his stuff from the past 17 years.

3. Michael

Michael Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

He will be missed. Leno appeals to an older crowd. That's why he's a better fit for the Tonight Show. Personally I can't stand him and I will no longer watch the Tonight Show. So he can go on using his monologue to campaign for Obama in 2012 as he did in 2008. It will be interesting to see how and where Conan returns. Maybe he'll have Victory the insult comic cat. I know Smigel will be with Conan. They've worked together since at least SNL.

4. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +539 / 6 / -2

5. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,080 / 9 / -19

#87 Jersey

I must admit I never liked Conando before ... but I grew to like him. I still prefer Leno but then again I am older so that kind of makes sense.

I'm glad Leno is going back to the Tonight show because I think he's better suited for it than Conan was. Conan will be better off at Fox ... I actually think he is better off having a show that is not as rigid as the Tonight show.

All in all ... I like Leno - Fallon - and then Conan.

I would like Conan better if he didn't have Andy ... but they all need a sidekick. That guy (Andy) ... I just don't think he's funny at all ... but to each his own in the comedy department.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 1, 2010