PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Completely unsubstantiated rumor abour Patriots limiting acess

Status
Not open for further replies.
if true, i love that it has come to this. espn has been pulling crap on boston teams for years. we've let it slide long enough. time to turn the tables. if they do shut out espn i wouldn't even notice. i haven't watched in 15 years. i prefer real pats info. i say stick it to them.

Walsh could have violated state and federal law on taping others without their consent or notification without the content of what he audiotaped being of any value at all. (to either Pats or any other team).
just taping some guys talking in the hallway about last nigths BB game without their consent would be a "crime".

But even supposing Walsh gave pats proprietary info to another team (jets or fish say) I am not even sure that is a "crime" per se. Certainly he would have violated any non-disclosure agreements he signed as a prospective employee and it would be grounds for dismissal (with or without non-dis agreement). But I am not sure any Mass or Fed laws would be violated. Grounds for civil action sure - "crime" not so sure.

So all public comments stating that Walsh could be charged with a crime seem to me to indicate it is all about Walsh admitting he taped soemone without their consent.

its difficult to believe that one can totally shut out a media member or outlet. There will be someone on the team who will give info as 'source' . As for king, he has a very good relationship with brady with whom he text messages and emails alot. Hard to see brady shutting him out like that although through all the spygate saga the person who should be most pissed has to the QB since king and espn are insinuating that brady by himself is not capable of being great without video tapes.
as for ernie adams and BB- they know each other since childhood , its hogwash. Lets say another "ESPN like" report=false.

if the company line is to shut out King, then Brady will shut out King.

A"Completely Unsubstantiatied rumor" and it reads just like something you would read in the Herald. If this did not speak poorly of the Hearald they would have printed it.

I always said that if Walsh had a tape it would have to be considered Patriots property and since he no longer works for them. So it is stolen property. Is that what the Pats would want to charge him with?

Edit: thanks for the explanation Gumby

Last edited:
The pats do their best work behind closed doors, they have been pretty secretive since BB came to town and that's just the way I want it.

Media and speculation can be segways into rumours and lies, many of which have already been spread by the trailer trash that is the media.

Fwiw, I only trust Boomer and Reiss, too bad Boom works for ESPN, that in and of itself puts him in a compromising position in his relationship with the organization...

We may never know the answer.

However, it will be interesting to see in the Pats have any Monday night games at Gillette.

If I was ESPN, I would lobby the league not to have any for fear of employee safety.

How nice of a reception do you think Stevie Y, Clayton, Jackazz.. I mean son, and the rest of those lowlifes will receive?

:rocker: I LOVE IT!!! :rocker:
ESPN is the National Enquirer of sports media. Superficial judgmental and obnoxious. John Tomase is simply a fat pig with no journalistic standards and Peter King has been beyond obnoxious with his Spygate foolishness.
Payback is a ***** mediots!!! :D

See if Belichick or Pioli do any after-pick interviews on ESPN. If they only do it for NFLN, then there might be some substance to them shutting out ESPN. If they do post pick interviews like they have in past years, it probably is crap.

It wouldn't be too hard to believe. Hopefully it is true.

It comes to this truth: the media is either building you up or tearing you down. They have always built the Pats up, so all they have to do now is tear it down.

NFL Network is not a media outlet. They promote their own sport. The Boston Globe sells papers, as well as the Herald. ESPN is a pool of sponsorship sales, rumor mill and story overkill. Budweiser hot seat? What next? FSN should be shut out as well.

I hope they do shut all those clowns out. I'm not the forgiving type.
ESPN is a big steaming pile of s**t. I'll never forget Emmit Smith calling us "Cheatriots" and "Bellicheat". They screwed up SB weekend with that B.S. taped walkthrough crap,
I hate ESPN, and have not watched a single second of it since the SB.
I don't care about getting our side out - that's BS.
All those guys are a bunch of blood-sucking scumbags, and I would'nt give any of them any info ever again.

So all public comments stating that Walsh could be charged with a crime seem to me to indicate it is all about Walsh admitting he taped soemone without their consent.

Yes, but stolen Patriots' and NFL property would also be a crime.

Also, I agree with Belichickfan (as usual) as I highly doubt Ernie Adams would have authorized the Walsh taping. However, Adams does seem to have an insatiable appetite for film, so it is not beyond the realm of belief that he couldn't resist viewing such a tape that was made by Walsh, despite the fact that the taping itself was unauthorized. This is where things get murky. If true, the viewing would not have been against NFL rules, but would still reflect poorly on the Pats. Furhtermore, Walsh could certainly use this to support a false claim that he made the tape under orders from he Pats organization.

For now, I assume Walsh is a lying scumbag and EA had nothing to do with taping any walkthrough, or even if such a tape exists.

I hope they do shut all those clowns out. I'm not the forgiving type.
ESPN is a big steaming pile of s**t. I'll never forget Emmit Smith calling us "Cheatriots" and "Bellicheat". They screwed up SB weekend with that B.S. taped walkthrough crap,
I hate ESPN, and have not watched a single second of it since the SB.
I don't care about getting our side out - that's BS.
All those guys are a bunch of blood-sucking scumbags, and I would'nt give any of them any info ever again.

I agree.

The standard mode of operation at ESPN has been, spend several minutes wringing all the juiciness out of the allegations, then at the end of the report say, "The New England Patriots have issued issued a statement denying the allegations".

They've enjoyed letting the team twist in the wind. I say, it's time we let these boobs enjoy some twisting themselves.

Interesting piece of info. I wonder how this will effect draft coverage if true.

This is good but seeing Walsh fade away ain't good enough. If he's got the goods then heads should roll, if he doesn't which is my opinion, his head needs to roll.

I had shut Tomasse out but sometimes I read him for a laugh now. He always says where he gets his information ... it's like us posting on here ... that's what he has been reduced to and it's funny. He's been getting his Patriots info from ESPN and NFL.com :rofl:

according to the St.. Paul Pioneer Press.
Karen Guregian caught up
According to the NFL Network
As Karen blogged yesterday
Pro Football Talk is reporting
Both ESPN and Pro Football Talk have

Same stuff we see here but the chalupa gets paid for it ...

Last edited:
Haha F them all.

I love it!

I really think you're missing what that innuendo means. Matt Walsh was a lowly film kid. Why would a Patriot admin. be worried about what "Ernie Adams" did with him 7 years later? Please speculate for me on that.

To me, it's 99% clear that the inference I'm to draw is that Adams ordered him to tape the walkthrough, and this is what lead to Capers being brought in.

IMO, there were plenty of reasons right on the field for Capers to be brought in.

Sigh. I'm talking about this rumor. Did you read it?

Yes. IMO, you are giving credence to an innuendo you perceive in a rumor when there is a much simpler explanation, i.e., I can count on one hand the number of times a Giant receiver caught a ball in traffic in the SB.

Last edited:
Sigh. I'm talking about this rumor. Did you read it?
The rumor :

"The only fly in the ointment here is some insiders are worried Ernie Adams might have done something with Walsh and this has put some strain on the BB/Adams relationship from limited observations. This is one reason Capers was brought in."

The conclusion ? "This is one reason" could refer to "Ernie Adams might have done something with Walsh" in which your conclusion is possibly valid although only possible as another valid conclusion is simply that Belichick is pissed at Adams. However, "This is one reason" most likely refers to "this has put some strain on the BB/Adams relationship" in which case Belichick just felt like he needed the help of a more veteran coach. Nothing more, nothing less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back