PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Completely unsubstantiated rumor abour Patriots limiting acess

Status
Not open for further replies.
After ESPN F**ked my sb weekend they deserve it if true. the pats should have dummy "sources" give fake news to cryptkeeper clayton to futher his idiocy.

Haha. I agree! Great idea! I hope that this is rumor is true. Good for the Patriots for flashing ESPN, the Herald, King a big fat middle finger. Why should they give them anything?? Basically, the sports media got lots of ratings and money from made up stories and lies about the Patriots this season. The Pats SHOULD cut them out. The sports media can go f*** themselves and work themselves into a little frenzy about not having Pats inside access. It's hilarious. I LOVE how that dbag King is having seizures and texting up a storm over this. I LOVE it. It's payback time. I DEF. hope there is some truth to this rumor.

No it isn't. Being half pregnant is physically impossible, but people are only half right lots of times. That's not a very good analogy at all. It is completely within the realm of the possible for only bits of this to be true.

We'll never really know unless we get a tell all book from BB at some point in the future.

I know that some of could be true. But my metaphor was about the credibility of the source and the credulity of the readers. If a source gives you contradictory info, then the source is suspect. In my mind, this is especially so because the info is very damaging to the Pats if true, while the info everyone likes on this thread is so very innocuous. I don't believe for a second that Adams was doing anything Belichick didn't know about, and that Belichick isn't smart enough to realize that not many other people would believe that either. This post just seems like deliberate misinformation to me. You feed people something they'll buy and then slip in the damaging info at the end. When a source comes to you like this, you have to believe in the value of all the information they provide you. It's like Matt Walsh. He says the Patriots filmed the Rams. Then he says he took a media bus to the SuperDome that day. If I know absolutely that claim #2 is false, I'm not going to believe claim #1, unless I'm a fan of another team and I have an axe to grind, the same kind of fan that thinks you can be half-pregnant.

The same source you guys are valorizing also said that the Patriots are worried that Ernie Adams had Walsh make the film, that Adams isn't talking to Belichick, that Dom Capers was hired in case the tape comes out and Belichick is suspended.

I read the part about Adams and Capers but you are taking a couple of leaps in assumptions there.

Really? How?
The quote was :

"some insiders are worried Ernie Adams might have done something with Walsh and this has put some strain on the BB/Adams relationship from limited observations. This is one reason Capers was brought in."

You read it in the most dangerous way. However "done something" doesn't mean filming a walkthrough. And "one reason Capers was brought in" doesn't mean Belichick could be suspended. It could be as simple as a thawing of a relationship resulting in Belichick needing a trusted third opinion. Right now he has himself and Pees to talk defense. And in the wee hours of the night he can sit back and chat with Adams for another perspective. In the unfortunate event that Adams in persona non grata for a while, this could be read, in fact this is how I read it, that Capers would give Belichick an experienced person to sit back and chat about some out of the box idea. Not that he's about to be suspended.

Personally, I believe most of it. I think that it all makes to much sense not to.

The quote was :

"some insiders are worried Ernie Adams might have done something with Walsh and this has put some strain on the BB/Adams relationship from limited observations. This is one reason Capers was brought in."

You read it in the most dangerous way. However "done something" doesn't mean filming a walkthrough. And "one reason Capers was brought in" doesn't mean Belichick could be suspended. It could be as simple as a thawing of a relationship resulting in Belichick needing a trusted third opinion. Right now he has himself and Pees to talk defense. And in the wee hours of the night he can sit back and chat with Adams for another perspective. In the unfortunate event that Adams in persona non grata for a while, this could be read, in fact this is how I read it, that Capers would give Belichick an experienced person to sit back and chat about some out of the box idea. Not that he's about to be suspended.

I really think you're missing what that innuendo means. Matt Walsh was a lowly film kid. Why would a Patriot admin. be worried about what "Ernie Adams" did with him 7 years later? Please speculate for me on that.

To me, it's 99% clear that the inference I'm to draw is that Adams ordered him to tape the walkthrough, and this is what lead to Capers being brought in.

good read, even if it is just rumor

of course, if it is true, I can fully understand the stance taken by the Patriots, but this will only lead to more negativity from the media

agreed. fun read.

Last edited:
100% unconfirmed without a link

from a poster on the ESPN Patriots board who refers to himself as "NEinsider"

Alot of it is believable...but take it for what it is UNSUBSTANTIATED but very interesting

"It seems there are interesting things going on in Foxboro. NE has TOTALLY shut ESPN out. NE is refusing to talk with or even allow anyone within the organization to communicate with even the few people at ESPN NE trusts which includes Berman and Jaws. Clayton and others are very frustrated.

Similar problems exist for Peter King at Sports Illustrated. People and players within the organization he formally had relationships with have turned a blind eye to his text messages, emails and cell phone messages. King is very frustrated. A few people at NE will talk with Banks but King is persona non grata in Foxboro. King contacted the NFL and was told it was his problem since the media develops thier own relationships and if they lose them tough cookies.

They have done something similar but not quite as complete with the Herald. Tomase is absolutely shut out and could lose his Pats beat since NOBODY will talk with him. No players, coaches or team officals will even aknowledge him. Karen G has some access but it is limited.

NE continues to communicate with people at the NFL Network such as Adam Shefter and Mike Mayock which is why Shefter had inside info on Moss deal.

This was the reason NE gave Mike Reis the BB interview with the globe and shut everyone else out. This is not just a BB thing but comes from the Kraft family down.

NE is also very upset with the NFL over the handling of Walsh. NE is refusing to give Walsh blanket immunity because they know he has violated both state and federal law and they have the proof. If he gets blanket immunity they will not be able to use this info in the NE defense. Corporate Lawyers for NE and a noted Mass legal eagle feel NE is in the drivers seat with Walsh. This is why Mr Walsh and his attorney have been very quiet lately. They were provided with a partial copy of what NE has on him. Oops!!!

The only fly in the ointment here is some insiders are worried Ernie Adams might have done something with Walsh and this has put some strain on the BB/Adams relationship from limited observations. This is one reason Capers was brought in. The BB statement about never looking at or authorizing that taping seems to have a lot of validity within organization. All the coaches from back then, both still here and those gone, are willing to testify they have never heard of nor seen such a tape. This includes Crennel, Ryan at Oakland who were here then and believe it or not Eric the Rat although I'm not sure what he did back then nor if NE would trust him"

Good for them if this is true, I'm sure it wasn't hard to get the entire team to cooperate either. ESPN, Peter King and Tomase can all screw. :mad:

I really think you're missing what that innuendo means. Matt Walsh was a lowly film kid. Why would a Patriot admin. be worried about what "Ernie Adams" did with him 7 years later? Please speculate for me on that.

To me, it's 99% clear that the inference I'm to draw is that Adams ordered him to tape the walkthrough, and this is what lead to Capers being brought in.
I can't really speculate, I don't know. But I read it differently than you did and I see no reason to change based on how you read it; just as you don't based on how I read it. If Walsh had done it per Adams' direction, he likely would have given the tape to Adams and not "violated both state and federal law".

The only part of this that doesn't make sense to me is the Capers/Ernie connection. Ernie is our strategist. Capers is a coach but he can't worry about strategy 100% like Ernie can and Ernie is a nut for that stuff. I don't think you can replace him. I fail to see how Capers and Ernie relate.

Good for them if this is true, I'm sure it wasn't hard to get the entire team to cooperate either. ESPN, Peter King and Tomase can all screw. :mad:

Agreed LPF. To much bad media deserves what they get now.

This is my favorite part :

"King contacted the NFL"

Ha. The media f*cks and I mean F*CKS the Patriots and Belichick over and over and over this year - and King is one who keeps the story alive - and then he has the gall to complain that he's not getting enough access ?

LMFAO.

I love that too. What a little... baby. King is the kind of guy that jabs you and jabs you and jabs you and when you pop him in the mouth he goes crying to mommy. What a b!tch. I hope the Pats do play hardball like this.

That is what the rumor implies. Your inference that Capers is suspension insurance has little basis in the post, though, and that is where you are making an assumption.

The only part of this that doesn't make sense to me is the Capers/Ernie connection. Ernie is our strategist. Capers is a coach but he can't worry about strategy 100% like Ernie can and Ernie is a nut for that stuff. I don't think you can replace him. I fail to see how Capers and Ernie relate.

In the rumor guy's mind, Adams may have been involved with Walsh, and that gets Belichick into trouble, so they bring Capers in just in case the walktrhough tape exists.

Pure horse puckey.

The only way this is true is if Belichick is stupid enough to believe anyone will buy the story that, Ernie Adams!" is responsible, should the tape appear.

Belichick is not stupid, therefore this rumor is false.

That is what the rumor implies. Your inference that Capers is suspension insurance has little basis in the post, though, and that is where you are making an assumption.

Then what does that reference to Capers mean to you?

I would believe the Capers/Ernie connection if Capers were brought in with some administrative position. If Ernie gets suspended, you need to have someone who can get up to speed on Ernies mythical library of everything. You can't have someone coaching one day and dropping him into Ernie's job the next and expect results. If Capers came on to work with Ernie, I might believe that part but right now, I don't see it.

I can't really speculate, I don't know. But I read it differently than you did and I see no reason to change based on how you read it; just as you don't based on how I read it. If Walsh had done it per Adams' direction, he likely would have given the tape to Adams and not "violated both state and federal law".

Until someone tells me how else to read that, I can only read it the way I did.

Someone please offer me an alternative interpretation so that I can give any of these rumors a little more credence.

I would believe the Capers/Ernie connection if Capers were brought in with some administrative position. If Ernie gets suspended, you need to have someone who can get up to speed on Ernies mythical library of everything. You can't have someone coaching one day and dropping him into Ernie's job the next and expect results. If Capers came on to work with Ernie, I might believe that part but right now, I don't see it.

See, I just don't buy this. Ernie Adams is not the one that's going to take the fall here if any of this is true. It's Belichick who will fall.

Everyone knows this.

its difficult to believe that one can totally shut out a media member or outlet. There will be someone on the team who will give info as 'source' . As for king, he has a very good relationship with brady with whom he text messages and emails alot. Hard to see brady shutting him out like that although through all the spygate saga the person who should be most pissed has to the QB since king and espn are insinuating that brady by himself is not capable of being great without video tapes.
as for ernie adams and BB- they know each other since childhood , its hogwash. Lets say another "ESPN like" report=false.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back