PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Completely unsubstantiated rumor abour Patriots limiting acess

Status
Not open for further replies.
I kind of believe it, it makes a lot of sense. Also, Peter King is ALLLL about the text messages. Remember that Trent Green article that was just text transcripts between him and Green? He types like a 12yo girl.

Well, behind the scenes Schefter was talking about not hearing anything from the Patriots in regard to their negotiations with Randy Moss, and that Moss' camp was being silent as well. There's also been some silence on other issues, so there could be some truth to this story.

Last edited:
This was very interesting, and it makes a lot of sense true or not.

Given the treatment that The Patriots have gotten From ESPN,The Herald,and Peter King, I would tend to believe that there is a little truth to this rumor.What part of You reap what You sow,don't they understand ? Peter King whining to The NFL is almost laughable.What a buffoon !

Last edited:
After the debacle that "spy-gate" has become, I wouldn't be surprised if more teams stat dealing with the media this way. All they care about is a juicy, gossip piece to write about. Sounds like People magazine and the National Enquirer have got some competition.

We all know that BB will simpley ignore reporters in press conferences, we've all seen him do it, and it is hilarious!

The hatchet job on the Pats the eve of the Superbowl was ridiculous, and I think the Pats were fully intended to shut out ESPN after the SB, but the distractions led to the loss.

I can't see why the Herald or TOmase would think that anyone from the Pats would ever speak to them again. In this country the press is guarenteed the freedom to print whatever they want, however the rest of us have the freedom not to speak with them. The leaug emight step in and not let the Pats take away their media creditials, however, I doubt they will make them talk to them.

I can see BB weekly Wednesday Press Conference now...

Tomase: Bill what do you think about the Jets new O-line?

BB: Dead pan stare, (short pause), next question.

I wonder if the Pats could hire Drew Rosenhous for this?

Interesting stuff.

Kraft may care somewhat about image as reported, but...

The ONLY thing any of the football people and players in Foxboro care about is winning football games. Period. Somewhere, they understand the media is what helps them all earn a lot of money, but if they could shut out all the media and just play winning football and let the stories happen from that, everyone would love it.

A lot of fans care about the media coverage of our beloved Pats. BB knows it is all about the W factor only, and if he never had to do another interview he would be happy.

After ESPN F**ked my sb weekend they deserve it if true. the pats should have dummy "sources" give fake news to cryptkeeper clayton to futher his idiocy.

I don't believe any of it.

I see no reason the Patriots would have cut out national guys like that.

Tomase yes.

But the rest, why?

They need to get their side out.

They have enough ability to get their story out without those guys (though I'm surprised to see Jaws on that list - though his big thing (ironically) is breaking down tape anyway.

As was said, yes, much of this does ring true... and if so I'm glad they are freezing out certain reporters. Many have demonstrated an inability to be fair in their reporting and they SHOULD have to deal with the consequences... but information can always be leaked.

If the evidence about Walsh is true I really hope that gets accidentally leaked at some point too.

Just like what Denzel said ala "Training Day"....

"It's not what you know..it's what you can prove."

I hope a lot of this is true, maybe at some point they (the media) will learn that just blurting out what ever rumor they hear on the air or in print has it's consequences. Maybe they should run stories all day about how stupid the raiders are and see how they are recieved in Oakland, or talk all day about how the 49ers and broncos were caought cheating the salery cap.
Or mabe ESPN should stop hiring former players who have no idea what it means to be a journalist or do any prep work for every position on their network.
ESPN human hiring policies-
You just retired from the nfl, your hired come on down and give us your un-informed knee jerk reaction.

It is very funny & deserving if true.
I'm on the side that if the Pats are still the big story next season, ESPN will just resort to spouting baseless garbage, and slinging enough of it, to hope something sticks.
Or, they'll hope & pray a team like Dallas, Indy, or SD has a great run in the 1st 10 games, and they'll try and focus on that.

Did you read Peter King or watch ESPN this year ? Did you see all the Spygate II stuff on ESPN WITH NO EVIDENCE the on SB eve and morning ?

Isn't it obvious ?

No, I didn't.

What's this Spygate you talk of?

It's a news story, what do you want them to do?

I think the talking heads at ESPN probably went a little far, but they do that with everything, and I really don't think it's ultimately in the Patriots' best interest to freeze them out completely. Same with King, who on balance over the years has been very fair to the Patriots.

Tomase is another story. If that SOB has his career ruined over what he did, it won't be punishment enough. Even sports journalists have to be held to some standard of integrity, and what he did was beyond what's reasonable for someone in his position. Forget removing the Herald's credentials (not gonna happen), but if people in the organization refuse to talk to Tomase, the Herald will have no choice but to take him off the Patriots (or fire him). That would be good enough for me, I don't need every head to roll, just his.

I don't believe any of it.

I see no reason the Patriots would have cut out national guys like that.

Tomase yes.

But the rest, why?

They need to get their side out.
Kindly explain how talking to ESPN will get their side out?

The same source you guys are valorizing also said that the Patriots are worried that Ernie Adams had Walsh make the film, that Adams isn't talking to Belichick, that Dom Capers was hired in case the tape comes out and Belichick is suspended.

What a bunch of bullcrap this is. You guys are going along with rumors that are patently contradictory. Read the post again. How can both sides be true? An to top it all off people are deliberately saying I believe some of that is true.

Believing only some of this rumor is like being half pregnant.

To be fair, you can look at this as about ten different rumors. Obviously, some of them are patently contradictory, but that doesn't automatically invalidate everything.

Please be true... (except the part about EA)...

The same source you guys are valorizing also said that the Patriots are worried that Ernie Adams had Walsh make the film, that Adams isn't talking to Belichick, that Dom Capers was hired in case the tape comes out and Belichick is suspended.

What a bunch of bullcrap this is. You guys are going along with rumors that are patently contradictory. Read the post again. How can both sides be true? An to top it all off people are deliberately saying I believe some of that is true.

No it isn't. Being half pregnant is physically impossible, but people are only half right lots of times. That's not a very good analogy at all. It is completely within the realm of the possible for only bits of this to be true.

We'll never really know unless we get a tell all book from BB at some point in the future.

Last edited:
I read the part about Adams and Capers but you are taking a couple of leaps in assumptions there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes