Completely unsubstantiated rumor abour Patriots limiting acess

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcus

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
100% unconfirmed without a link

from a poster on the ESPN Patriots board who refers to himself as "NEinsider"

Alot of it is believable...but take it for what it is UNSUBSTANTIATED but very interesting

"It seems there are interesting things going on in Foxboro. NE has TOTALLY shut ESPN out. NE is refusing to talk with or even allow anyone within the organization to communicate with even the few people at ESPN NE trusts which includes Berman and Jaws. Clayton and others are very frustrated.

Similar problems exist for Peter King at Sports Illustrated. People and players within the organization he formally had relationships with have turned a blind eye to his text messages, emails and cell phone messages. King is very frustrated. A few people at NE will talk with Banks but King is persona non grata in Foxboro. King contacted the NFL and was told it was his problem since the media develops thier own relationships and if they lose them tough cookies.

They have done something similar but not quite as complete with the Herald. Tomase is absolutely shut out and could lose his Pats beat since NOBODY will talk with him. No players, coaches or team officals will even aknowledge him. Karen G has some access but it is limited.

NE continues to communicate with people at the NFL Network such as Adam Shefter and Mike Mayock which is why Shefter had inside info on Moss deal.

This was the reason NE gave Mike Reis the BB interview with the globe and shut everyone else out. This is not just a BB thing but comes from the Kraft family down.

NE is also very upset with the NFL over the handling of Walsh. NE is refusing to give Walsh blanket immunity because they know he has violated both state and federal law and they have the proof. If he gets blanket immunity they will not be able to use this info in the NE defense. Corporate Lawyers for NE and a noted Mass legal eagle feel NE is in the drivers seat with Walsh. This is why Mr Walsh and his attorney have been very quiet lately. They were provided with a partial copy of what NE has on him. Oops!!!

The only fly in the ointment here is some insiders are worried Ernie Adams might have done something with Walsh and this has put some strain on the BB/Adams relationship from limited observations. This is one reason Capers was brought in. The BB statement about never looking at or authorizing that taping seems to have a lot of validity within organization. All the coaches from back then, both still here and those gone, are willing to testify they have never heard of nor seen such a tape. This includes Crennel, Ryan at Oakland who were here then and believe it or not Eric the Rat although I'm not sure what he did back then nor if NE would trust him"

you point out that it is "unsubstantiated" and we all know how we feel about unsubstantiated stories, BUT, if only half of it is true, it's delicious. i especially love it that Clayton and King are upset. Wonderful! also, how they've ostracized the-paper-whose-name-we-do-not-mention. i truly hope that the Adams stuff proves to be unsubstantiated.

alot of that even if its untrue, makes a ton of sense... That is very interesting.

If anyone can substantiate any part of this it would be interesting...VERY interesting..

good read, even if it is just rumor

of course, if it is true, I can fully understand the stance taken by the Patriots, but this will only lead to more negativity from the media

I don't believe any of it.

I see no reason the Patriots would have cut out national guys like that.

Tomase yes.

But the rest, why?

They need to get their side out.

of course, if it is true, I can fully understand the stance taken by the Patriots, but this will only lead to more negativity from the media

just to elaborate on my point a little bit,

it was fun for a little while last year being the bad boys of the NFL, being the team that everyone wanted to knock off, but wasn't it better when the media had nothing bad to say about us. The Pats were always referred to as a blue collar team with few stars who all bought into the system and philosophy's implemented by the coaching staff.

The team's character really took a hit this past season with..........

-Rodney Harrison suspension
-NYJ spygate incident
-possible taping of the Rams walk through before Super Bowl

Perhaps, but it might have the opposite effect as well as some of these guys might try to smooth things over with positive Patriots reports. Peter King already tried that a couple weeks after he went way overboard on his initial Spygate piece. I guess the damage was already done.

These media guys love being the first to report a story and hate having to report someone else's big story.

Last edited:
One reason I love the NFL, if you want to shut the sports media out, you can. Imagine Belichick in the NBA, where players are forced to speak with the media, or they are fined.

just to elaborate on my point a little bit,

it was fun for a little while last year being the bad boys of the NFL, being the team that everyone wanted to knock off, but wasn't it better when the media had nothing bad to say about us. The Pats were always referred to as a blue collar team with few stars who all bought into the system and philosophy's implemented by the coaching staff.

The team's character really took a hit this past season with..........

-Rodney Harrison suspension
-NYJ spygate incident
-possible taping of the Rams walk through before Super Bowl

I do agree with that, its kind of hard to tune into Espn, because of what has happened.. Then again Im just starting to watch the nfl network, but turn it off when I see Giants premiere dvd party.. UGH:mad:

This is my favorite part :

"King contacted the NFL"

Ha. The media f*cks and I mean F*CKS the Patriots and Belichick over and over and over this year - and King is one who keeps the story alive - and then he has the gall to complain that he's not getting enough access ?

LMFAO.

Isn't it interesting that not even 1 year ago the globe was the paper that every pats fan hatted and had limited access to the Pats appart from Reiss while the Herald had more cashe and credibility. FFW one year and the roles have reversed.
I hope the whole restricted access thing is true and it gets even worse for the Herald, King and their ilk.

You mean it will lead to more negativity from ESPN and The Herald.
There are other media outlets out there.
Than again, it just might make ESPN back off with their over the top opinion laden reporting.

I don't believe any of it.

I see no reason the Patriots would have cut out national guys like that.

Tomase yes.

But the rest, why?

They need to get their side out.
Did you read Peter King or watch ESPN this year ? Did you see all the Spygate II stuff on ESPN WITH NO EVIDENCE the on SB eve and morning ?

Isn't it obvious ?

I just want ESPN to continue to get the screws, I would be happy with that..

Good for the Pats organization and the Krafts! After all the "unsubstantiated" crap people like Clayton and King have written about Belichick and the Pats organization maybe it's time for ESPN to look in the mirror and who represents them. The way they have regressed to sensationalized reporting and placing priorities on reporting tabloid garbage rather than sports is completely irresponsible. When ESPN dumped Salisbury they should have dumped the likes of Clayton and those like him. They are the very reason I don't even watch Sportscenter anymore!

It looks like Fish, Easterbrook and Tomase can go interview each other about their good buddy Walsh because he isn't going to be talking to anybody soon.

This is a fantastic unconfirmed rumor. I could believe it to be true.

Gee lets see

If Keyshawn leaves to play for Miami, and Sailsberry is gone, only jaws and berman support the pats, and jaws has to tow the company line , and if you heard him on Espn MNF.. Espn will all hatriots all the time..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back