Complete Wes Welker Q&A 8/1

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by PatsFans.com Article, Aug 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PatsFans.com Article

PatsFans.com Article In the Starting Line-Up

Ian's Daily Blog - Here's the complete transcript of Wes Welker's press conference from this morning, courtesy of the Patriots PR department.

2. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

No Jersey Selected

Great read, Patsfans.com Article. :rocker:

3. MossWelkowski

MossWelkowski Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

#24 Jersey

Q: What was the toughest part of the rehab for you?

WW: There was really no vacation time. There was no nice weekend here, nice weekend there, or anything like that. It was six days of work a week and trying to get it in every single day and make sure I’m bringing it every single day. That’s kind of been the toughest part.

Love that... that's a true player... work before leisure... that's why I like him

4. fumbrunner

fumbrunner In the Starting Line-Up

Let's hope the Pats reward him with a contract that speaks to his commitment and accomplishments. If there is one guy that deserves it.....

5. ahmed

ahmed Third String But Playing on Special Teams

When's his current contact up? what is he getting paid? I know it's not much, I wonder how many people would be holding out with his production?

6. MoLewisrocks

MoLewisrocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Wes signed his original deal here in 2007 for 5 years $18.1M. Some here thought that was too much at the time... He has 2 years and about $4M left with cap hits of $4-4.5M. I imagine once we get down to playing football again in 2011, he will be extended for maybe 3-4 years - could even happen late this season in order to proportionally dump a little more money into the uncapped year to insure his cap hits remain friendly thereafter.

7. ahmed

ahmed Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Thanks, I remember when we first signed him, I thought 2nd & 7th was a bit much:snob:

He deserves a big raise.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.