PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Complete Patriots 2007 schedule

finally the pats get their bye week in the middle of the season

Good bye week. The Patriots have been getting their bye's a lot earlier, so this should help their playoff push. Also, why pencil the Steelers in as a loss? NE has beaten them the last two times, and I don't think they've become better because they hired Mike Tomlin, and dropped Joey Porter? They could be tired after playing the Ravens, though.

Last edited:
Sep 9 @N.Y. Jets 1:00pm=WIN-jets play the team that they WANT to be. they just arent at that level yet
Sep 16 San Diego 8:15pm= LOSS- chargers will cirlce this game and look to get revenge for playoff defeat. will be a very competative game.
Sep 23 Buffalo 1:00pm= WIN- buffalo, welcome the AFC East cellar for the next 5 years
Oct 1 @Cincinnati 8:30pm= WIN- will be a tough, high scoring game but pats come out on top
Oct 7 Cleveland 1:00pm= WIN- first crennel-belichick matchup
Oct 14 @Dallas 4:15pm= WIN- will be one of the toughest games on the schedule.
Oct 21 @Miami 1:00pm= LOSS- pats always struggle down at miami
Oct 28 Washington 4:15pm= WIN- the pats are acting like the Redskins, but with a brain
Nov 4 @Indianapolis 4:15pm= WIN- new england circles this one and finally ends Peyton's streak vs. pats
Week 10 BYE - pats finally get a bye in the middle of the seaon, will help this team A LOT
Nov 18 @Buffalo 1:00pm= WIN- off a bye week against the worst team in the east
Nov 25 Philadelphia 8:15pm= WIN- belichick, brady outduel reid, mcnabb once again
Dec 3 @Baltimore 8:30pm= LOSS- thomas' first game vs. old team. ravens defense just too much and offense puts together some points
Dec 9 Pittsburgh 1:00pm= WIN- steelers show they still have a ways to go before regaining super bowl form
Dec 16 N.Y. Jets 1:00pm= WIN- pats prove last season's loss to jets was a fluke.
Dec 23 Miami 1:00pm= WIN- dolphins have historically struggled in cold weather and on december 23 it is likely to be cold no matter what al gore tells you.
Dec 29 @N.Y. Giants 8:15pm= WIN- tom coughlin's last game as head coach of the NYG

13-3 record gets them #2 seed in afc behind san diego and a bye in first round of playoffs

Quick reactions to the schedule:

1) We don't get any teams coming off their bye week. Plus (Big Plus)
2) We open at the Jests. Too many unknowns/uncontrollable factors for so early in the season. Minus.
3) Two consecutive games on the road only once (not counting Bye). Plus.
4) We play SD in the second week, before our new studs will have settled in. Minus.
5) Miami has to come to Foxboro in December. Plus.
6) We have to go to Miami right after we play in Dallas. Minus.
7) We get Indy coming off of what should be tough road games in Jacksonville and Carolina, including a Monday night. Plus
8) We get the Ravens and Steelers back to back. Minus
9) We close against the Giants, who should be in disarray and the middle of HC and Eli crises by then. Plus.
10) Our bye week isn't until Week 10. Plus.
11) Three consecutive Home games in December. Plus.
12) By getting slotted for five National Night Games, we are still the premier franchise in the league. Nice for the ego.

On balance, I think this is probably as good a schedule as we could have hoped for and we won't be able to complain about it. And, in comparison to the murderer's row of the first weeks of the 2005 schedule and the brutal finish last year, looks pretty good.

Last edited:
Loving the schedule, my only problem is we have two ESPN MNF games which is two too many for me.

Does anybody know when they'll start selling individual tickets for these games?

So...damn....excited.....when....start NOW!!!

Does anyone know who NE will be playing on Feb 3rd?

5 late games, that is hell have to wait around all day and listen to all the talking heads.. by week is at a great time, get well rested for our stretch run.

I like that we are at home against CLE and PITT for both post-MNF short weeks

the schedule is rough, but game placement couldn't be better...we even got the MIA home game in December again...

I'm absolutely with you on that. Also, the other short week is the Saturday game, the very last game, so hopefully we won't need to play the starters that much.

2007 PATRIOTS SCHEDULE
Preseason
Date Opponent Time Network
PS Week 1 at Tampa Bay Buccaneers TBD WCVB
PS Week 2 Tennessee Titans TBD WCVB
Friday, Aug. 24 at Carolina Panthers 8:00 p.m. CBS
PS Week 4 New York Giants TBD WCVB

Regular Season
Sunday, Sept. 9 at New York Jets 1:00 p.m. CBS
Sunday, Sept. 16 San Diego Chargers 8:15 p.m. NBC
Sunday, Sept. 23 Buffalo Bills 1:00 p.m. CBS
Monday, Oct. 1 at Cincinnati Bengals 8:30 p.m. ESPN
Sunday, Oct. 7 Cleveland Browns 1:00 p.m. CBS
Sunday, Oct. 14 at Dallas Cowboys 4:15 p.m. CBS
Sunday, Oct. 21 at Miami Dolphins 1:00 p.m. CBS
Sunday, Oct. 28 Washington Redskins 4:15 p.m. FOX
Sunday, Nov. 4 at Indianapolis Colts 4:15 p.m. CBS
Sunday, Nov. 11 BYE WEEK
Sunday, Nov. 18 at Buffalo Bills 1:00 p.m.* CBS*
Sunday, Nov. 25 Philadelphia Eagles 8:15 p.m.* NBC*
Monday, Dec. 3 at Baltimore Ravens 8:30 p.m. ESPN
Sunday, Dec. 9 Pittsburgh Steelers 1:00 p.m.* CBS*
Sunday, Dec. 16 New York Jets 1:00 p.m.* CBS*
Sunday, Dec. 23 Miami Dolphins 1:00 p.m.* CBS*
Saturday, Dec. 29 at New York Giants 8:30 p.m. NFL Network
*-Game time and network subject to possible flexible scheduling adjustment
http://www.patriots.com/news/index.cfm?ac=latestnewsdetail&pid=24819&pcid=47

14-2. Just has a nice "ring" to it!

Re: Complete Patriots schedule

Not too shabby the only, 2 game road trip (without the bye) is Dallas and Miami. The bye in Nov 11th after the Colts game and that gears us up for the playoffs.

Certainly nice that we're ending the season with 3-out-of-4 home games (two vs. divisional rivals) and 4-out-of-6.

Interesting that we're beginning and ending the season in the Meadowlands.

Re: Complete Patriots schedule

Sunday, Sept. 9 at New York Jets 1:00 p.m. CBS W
Sunday, Sept. 16 San Diego Chargers 8:15 p.m. NBC L
Sunday, Sept. 23 Buffalo Bills 1:00 p.m. CBS W
Monday, Oct. 1 at Cincinnati Bengals 8:30 p.m. ESPN W
Sunday, Oct. 7 Cleveland Browns 1:00 p.m. CBS W
Sunday, Oct. 14 at Dallas Cowboys 4:15 p.m. CBS W
Sunday, Oct. 21 at Miami Dolphins 1:00 p.m. CBS L
Sunday, Oct. 28 Washington Redskins 4:15 p.m. FOX W
Sunday, Nov. 4 at Indianapolis Colts 4:15 p.m. CBS L
Sunday, Nov. 11 BYE WEEK tie :)
Sunday, Nov. 18 at Buffalo Bills 1:00 p.m.* CBS* W
Sunday, Nov. 25 Philadelphia Eagles 8:15 p.m.* NBC* W
Monday, Dec. 3 at Baltimore Ravens 8:30 p.m. ESPN W
Sunday, Dec. 9 Pittsburgh Steelers 1:00 p.m.* CBS* L
Sunday, Dec. 16 New York Jets 1:00 p.m.* CBS* W
Sunday, Dec. 23 Miami Dolphins 1:00 p.m.* CBS* W
Saturday, Dec. 29 at New York Giants 8:30 p.m. NFL Network W

12-4

I think we'll sweep Miami and Buffalo this year and split with the Jesters. I say the losses go to Jets on the road, San Diego, Colts, and either Bengals or Ravens.

"4) We play SD in the second week, before our new studs will have settled in. Minus."

I'd take the opposite approach to it. In week 2 SD's coaches won't even know who is who on their team. They have harder-to-acclimate-to new pieces to deal with than we do.

2007 PATRIOTS SCHEDULE
Preseason
PS Week 1 at Tampa Bay Buccaneers TBD WCVB
PS Week 2 Tennessee Titans TBD WCVB
Friday, Aug. 24 at Carolina Panthers 8:00 p.m. CBS
PS Week 4 New York Giants TBD WCVB

Regular Season
Sunday, Sept. 9 at New York Jets 1:00 p.m. CBS
Sunday, Sept. 16 San Diego Chargers 8:15 p.m. NBC
Sunday, Sept. 23 Buffalo Bills 1:00 p.m. CBS
Monday, Oct. 1 at Cincinnati Bengals 8:30 p.m. ESPN
Sunday, Oct. 7 Cleveland Browns 1:00 p.m. CBS
Sunday, Oct. 14 at Dallas Cowboys 4:15 p.m. CBS
Sunday, Oct. 21 at Miami Dolphins 1:00 p.m. CBS
Sunday, Oct. 28 Washington Redskins 4:15 p.m. FOX
Sunday, Nov. 4 at Indianapolis Colts 4:15 p.m. CBS
Sunday, Nov. 11 BYE WEEK
Sunday, Nov. 18 at Buffalo Bills 1:00 p.m.* CBS*
Sunday, Nov. 25 Philadelphia Eagles 8:15 p.m.* NBC*
Monday, Dec. 3 at Baltimore Ravens 8:30 p.m. ESPN
Sunday, Dec. 9 Pittsburgh Steelers 1:00 p.m.* CBS*
Sunday, Dec. 16 New York Jets 1:00 p.m.* CBS*
Sunday, Dec. 23 Miami Dolphins 1:00 p.m.* CBS*
Saturday, Dec. 29 at New York Giants 8:30 p.m. NFL Network
*-Game time and network subject to possible flexible scheduling adjustment
http://www.patriots.com/news/index.cfm?ac=latestnewsdetail&pid=24819&pcid=47

My initial thoughts:

Playing the Jets is a great way to start the season.

Playing SD early in their new coaching regime is a positive

A mid-season check in with the Colts followed by the bye is a nice feature

Hosting Miami in December is always fun!

And finally, a bit odd to end the season against the Giants. Seems to me its always makes the schedule more interesting to play a division rival, if not a conferenece rival, when playoffs are on the line (not for us, but for the other teams).

Perhaps that was the thinking there - that the schedule makers figure the Pats will have things locked up, might be playing Cassell that game, and don't want to add insult to injury by making it a Conference/Playoff related game.

Interesting that Giants game... vely vely interesting.... it really makes Dolphins game much more significant

Last edited:
I am happy with this. We need to start 2-0 and get up on the Jets and Bolts from the get go fot home field.

I assume the last game of the season is not on cable tv or local channels. Is this true?

I assume the last game of the season is not on cable tv or local channels. Is this true?

It's on DirecTV. All NFL Network games are broadcasted on the local networks in the franchise's home market (in NE's case, Boston TV stations).

It's on DirecTV. All NFL Network games are broadcasted on the local networks in the franchise's home market (in NE's case, Boston TV stations).

Cool so I can see it on cbs i assume?

I thought they might want to do the rematch with SD as early as week one. Week 2 was close - I think they want to be sure SD is still being touted as the most talented team in the league when this rematch occurs and not risk waiting until SD shows signs of falling apart if all the coaching changes overwhelm the talent.

I don't see us losing that game at home. SD and Indy are what we reloaded/retooled for in FA.

We had Indy on the ropes in the first quarter of the AFCC in their dome. If the defense is relatively healthy I'm not close to ready to concede that game in April. Not with several new weapons at Brady's disposal potentially rounding into mid season form.

If Greene ends up in Miami the October game could be interesting. If the choices are facing Pepper, Lemon or a rookie I like our chances.

Mangenius will pull out all the stops for week 1. This isn't the team he coached on any more, and if the new weapons are jelling early the month of PS to get ready may not do him any good. BB will never underestimate mini me again.

Dallas could be tough or they could be a total mess. Ditto Pittsburgh as Ben et all struggle with a new regime, the Jints (who will either have finally figured it out or be in mid implosion by year's end), and Washington who continues to have too many chiefs, not enough indians and no QB. Cincy, Baltimore and Tennessee could make it a game if the Bungles finally rise above some selfish behavioral problems on and off the field, McNair is healthy and Billick figures out how to generate some offensive consistency, Young progresses and Givens rebounds, but their otherwise cheapshot defense took a hit losing PacMan for the season.

Cleveland is Cleveland. And Buffalo isn't even that any more.

Knock on wood health wise, this could be the return to 14-2 season. 12-4 is eminently doable.

I like the Fins coming here at the end of December. Also, going down there a little into the season, maybe won't be as hot.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back