PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Complete Domination

Status
Not open for further replies.

PonyExpress

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I can't remember the last time the Pats dominated both lines of scrimmage to that degree. A remarkable, staggering effort by the D-line. Sure, the game was punctuated by 2 circus catch TDs, but I expect the secondary's tackling to improve. The key element I drew from this game is the amazing talent the Pats have accumulated on the O and D lines.
Maroney is not a fluke. Jackson's talent was eye-popping. If CJ continues to improve in two weeks he should be starting. DThomas looked very smooth. The only negatives IMO in this game were (1)Brady, (2)Gabriel, (3)Gostkowski and (4)tackling in the secondary. (1)Brady became careless with the ball once the Pats got a big lead, as though he were experimenting and trying to get Gabriel a catch. (2)Gabriel dropped a TD. (3)Gostkowski learned that he's not in Kansas (or Memphis) anymore, and players have rockets on their shoes when they jump in the NFL. (4)The secondary became overly emotional and aggressive, which led to poor open field tackling.
Otherwise a solid effort with correctable learning points. Brady's problems will be helped once CJ becomes full integrated in the offense. He's just that much more talented than the other WRs.

Last edited:
Great post. I agree. Complete domination. Brady did look like he was experimenting. I too thought he was trying to include Gabriel into the mix on the pass at the goal line. (After Moroney had blased for 5 yeards on first down, why not run twice?) I also agree with all your other points except the one on Gostlowski. I wasn't paying that close attention, but it did seem that protection may have played a role in the block.

PonyExpress said:
I can't remember the last time the Pats dominated both lines of scrimmage to that degree. A remarkable, staggering effort by the D-line. Sure, the game was punctuated by 2 circus catch TDs, but I expect the secondary's tackling to improve. The key element I drew from this game is the amazing talent the Pats have accumulated on the O and D lines.
Maroney is not a fluke. Jackson's talent was eye-popping. If CJ continues to improve in two weeks he should be starting. DThomas looked very smooth. The only negatives IMO in this game were (1)Brady, (2)Gabriel, (3)Gostkowski and (4)tackling in the secondary. (1)Brady became careless with the ball once the Pats got a big lead, as though he were experimenting and trying to get Gabriel a catch. (2)Gabriel dropped a TD. (3)Gostkowski learned that he's not in Kansas (or Memphis) anymore, and players have rockets on their shoes when they jump in the NFL. (4)The secondary became overly emotional and aggressive, which led to poor open field tackling.
Otherwise a solid effort with correctable learning points. Brady's problems will be helped once CJ becomes full integrated in the offense. He's just that much more talented than the other WRs.
Gabriel dropped a TD? When? Gostkowski's blocked kick came from O'Callaghan blocking out instead of in. CJ was okay, Maroney still doesn't read his blocks as well as he should, lots of things to improve and a huge pool of talent if BB can harness it.

Box_O_Rocks said:
Gabriel dropped a TD? When? Gostkowski's blocked kick came from O'Callaghan blocking out instead of in. CJ was okay, Maroney still doesn't read his blocks as well as he should, lots of things to improve and a huge pool of talent if BB can harness it.

It was a slant route in the endzone and Gabriel dropped it. To be fair, he was being covered pretty well.

Gabriel"s drop

If I remember correctly the db got his hands in there to knock it away, more like a good defensive play than a drop.

Re: Gabriel"s drop

Yeah Gabriel had it in his fingertips and the DB was able to hit it out before he could pull it in and secure it into his body. Not a routine catch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes