PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Complaints, complaints, & more complaints

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's a shame is that there is so much to complain about

Don't hate on people just for being disgruntled at the non-existant FA splash the Pats have made so far.

I agree in part but I don't think you can just 'make' people stop complaining. There were complaints during the team's superbowl winning seasons, there are bound to be complaints after a first round bounce from the playoffs.

Sure, I think there's work that still needs to be done for this Pats team, but there is TIME to do it. The world will not end after the first week of free agency just because the Pats did not make a BIG SPLASH. Remember we're not the Redskins, and how often have the Skins succeeded after making a big splash in free agency? How about ZERO times?

Go ahead and complain folks, but don't expect me to BUY IN to the attitude that the Pats need to make a BIG SPLASH to be successful in 2010. Or that we suddenly need to COMPROMISE all moral standards and character standards and suddenly bring in HEADCASES and LOCKERROOM CANCERS to solve our problems. That simply won't work, and causes more trouble than the talent is worth.

Don't believe me? Ask the self-imploding locker rooms of the Eagles, Cowboys etc. if the TO experiment was worth it. Now that he is 36 and is declining in talent, why is his baggage any more worth it than it was before? It's NOT and never will be. The same goes for Brandon Marshall, he's another TO in the making and is shooting himself out of Denver's lockerroom as we speak. DON'T WANT!

Last edited:
Don't hate on people just for being disgruntled at the non-existant FA splash the Pats have made so far.

I don't hate those people. I personally think they're hilarious.

How cute, my very own delusional forum stalker.

I've never had one of those before, I must be getting good @ posting. :)

we suddenly need to COMPROMISE all moral standards and character standards and suddenly bring in HEADCASES and LOCKERROOM CANCERS to solve our problems.

In my opinion the NFL has essentially become the NBA on grass. And in the name of "pursuing athletism" BB has ALREADY compromised in the area of morals and standards.

In any population sampling, there are going to be good guys and there are going to be bad guys. However I think we are at a crossroads with our roster as far as the bad guys becoming to great a percentage in the population of this football team. (No need to name names)

So does BB continue down the rabbit hole with guys of questionable morals and character issues in the pusuit of athletism or does he take the high road, a guy that is slightly less athletic but wo offers the team much more?

Serious question: are you going to follow me from thread to thread babbling about gobbldydgoiagook now that I've made you look incredibly stupid in an internet forum thread?

Is that really my cross to bear?

Say it ain't so, kiddo. :)

I actually posted in this thread before you did.......

so why are you following me around?

In my opinion the NFL has essentially become the NBA on grass. And in the name of "pursuing athletism" BB has ALREADY compromised in the area of morals and standards.

In any population sampling, there are going to be good guys and there are going to be bad guys. However I think we are at a crossroads with our roster as far as the bad guys becoming to great a percentage in the population of this football team. (No need to name names)

So does BB continue down the rabbit hole with guys of questionable morals and character issues in the pusuit of athletism or does he take the high road, a guy that is slightly less athletic but wo offers the team much more?

You pose a good question. And I honestly hope that the Patriots return to being a high character/high work ethic type of team, more like the team we fielded in 2001. Bad chemistry and the growing pains of replacing the aging talent lost in the 2009 offseason led to the Pats' disastrous first round bounce from the playoffs.

Hopefully the Patriots learned their lesson from that. You can reform a few guys, but you can't become a REHAB center. You're trying to build a winning TEAM after all, not trying to do your best impersonation of a Bengals roster. :p

You pose a good question. And I honestly hope that the Patriots return to being a high character/high work ethic type of team, more like the team we fielded in 2001. Bad chemistry and the growing pains of replacing the aging talent lost in the 2009 offseason led to the Pats' disastrous first round bounce from the playoffs.

Hopefully the Patriots learned their lesson from that. You can reform a few guys, but you can't become a REHAB center. You're trying to build a winning TEAM after all, not trying to do your best impersonation of a Bengals roster. :p

2009's biggest problem was NOT even close to the locker room or work ethic, and that pretty much had nothing to do with why we got embarassed by the Ravens.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey