PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Complaining about the draft: some perspectives

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Very few understand the value of piling up 2nd round picks".

I understand. Over the last 10 years 75% of 1st round picks became starters. Not All Pro's, simply starters. Only 50% of 2nd round picks became starters. The more you trade down into inferior talent, the less chance you have of "hitting" on a player.

If your math is right then what would you choose, having only one first round pick or 2 second round picks?

With only one first rounder, there's a 25% chance that he'll never be a starter. With two second round picks, at least one of them is guaranteed to become a starter while the other does not.

Just by these odds alone, I think I'd take the two second round picks any day.

Andre Tippett is the MAN!! I can't believe we made a pick. If we can't pressure the QB, we might as well pick him off. I can live with this. Nice!

The only perspective you need is to ask yourself the question:

"Who knows more about football? Me, or Coach Belichick?"

(Though I do realize there's a few posters on this board who think its the former rather than the latter.)

I'm not complaining about the Draft. This year I merely pictured BB like Ralphie in "A Christmas Story." When the Patriots turn comes up during the draft and people in the draft room say "Bill, what do you want?" he blurts out "a football." Now when the season starts, BB can stand there with a football while 31 other teams shoot at it with their Red Rider BB Guns.

In George Hallas we trust. In Tom Landry we trust. In Chuck Knoll we trust. In Don Shula we trust, and in BB we trust.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes