PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Competition Committee and Casserly get some luv!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Box_O_Rocks

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/2006/12/bills_take_68.html

There was a light moment at the end of the press conference, when Belichick was asked his thoughts on NFL rules that protect quarterbacks.

"My background is as a defensive coach, so you can figure out the answer to that question," Belichick said. "But the bottom line is that nobody cares what I think. It doesn't make any difference."

When a reporter told Belichick that his opinion was valued by him, Belichick stopped his thought and laughed. Belichick urged the reporter to check with others.

"Again, that's one of those things that I don't have any control over -- do you want replay, do you not want replay? Pass interefernce at the point, or a 15-yard penalty? I would say go talk to the genuises who make the rules, because they are the ones who make it and they have all the answers. ... There are plenty of people on that committee and they love to talk about the rules they made and how great they are and all that. The Charley Casserly's of the world, who have all the answers to everything. Talk to them."
I guess ol' Championship Charlie opined his way onto the Tom Jackson short list! :D

I hate to say that pre-BB, Casserly was a guy I wanted here. Donahue as well.
I would like to thank BB, the books written about his coaching philosophy and Forums like this for teaching me far more about NFL football than I'd learned previously.

Maybe that's not quite the complement I intended.

Find Casserly amusing and one of the so called experts on the pre game shows, but he seems overly impressed with himself and after last week has no credibility. I anticipate he is such a fool he will jump on the Borges and Felger bandwagon..

Would love to see BB unplugged at one of these press conferences, and say what we all know he means.

Casserly drafted mario williams (whos not even the best defensive rookie on the texans) over reggie bush, vince young, and matt leinhart, thats all that needs to be said...

Casserly drafted mario williams (whos not even the best defensive rookie on the texans) over reggie bush, vince young, and matt leinhart, thats all that needs to be said...
Casserly may take credit for it, but he was on the way out and not whom I would credit with the final decision. Regardless of anyones Bush /Leinhart love, and Ryans' tackle numbers, Williams is the kind of player a coach with some input into the Patriots' drafts likes to take (Seymour, Warren, Wilfork)...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back