Welcome to PatsFans.com

"Community Organizer" - Sorta like being a mayor but you get things done

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PatsFanInVa, Nov 1, 2008.

1. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +351 / 6 / -8

Anybody notice how Obama's much maligned community organizing savvy is bearing fruit especially at the end of the campaign?

I have never seen a sneakers-on-the-ground effort in my life, outside of small local politics and issue advocacy groups. He's brought grassroots organziing to the national level, and it is good.

You think it's coincidence that there's record early voting this time? No... it's Obama's campaign actually thinking through how to get past "lost" turnout that happens in heavy turnout elections, and disproportionately impacts those people who NEED that day's pay.

Having done a tiny bit of this in my own past, I am beyond impressed.

PFnV
  2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +196 / 7 / -23

Agree I could have chosen a concentration in Community Organizing when I went to BU school of social work, but opted out of that because the pay was really crappy, hours were long, little job security and it is not a well liked profession..

I am really impressed with the boots on the ground effort of this campaign.. Obama gets this stuff as does his campaign. Almost went with Obama RI to NH this weekend to knock on doors, but bad knees made me think twice.
  3. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +351 / 6 / -8

By the way, while we're on the subject, having knocked on a few doors in my time...

If one can state
    "Nobody who hasn't been in the military should say one word ever against those who did..."
    (As has been said here,)

You can absolutely say the same about community organizing (except they don't cost the State money... and so you're not a stakeholder by dint of being a citizen.)

It's hilarious to watch the last nails driven in the coffin by the very work lampooned earlier by the Republicans. Of course, if the election is electronically stolen despite all that work... yes, your rightist friends are correct, I think people will be pissed.

The whining, mewling right-wing refrain about "riots if he loses" might not be right, but people will be pissed. Demonstration, certainly. Riots? I dunno.

PFnV
  4. MrBigglesWorth

MrBigglesWorth Rookie

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

what would happen if we found out with CONFIRMED undesputable evidence that an election was grossly tampered with and absolutley stolen.

how would people respond?