Welcome to PatsFans.com

Common Sense Invades Britain

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by QuiGon, Aug 14, 2006.

1. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

2. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

We don't live in England. You can if you like. Maybe you'll feel safer there, but they don't have NFL footbal. They don't use our Constitution, that's why we fought a war to eject them. It was a real war. One we fought to really provide our freedom. Nothing radical or left about obeying the greatest law in the world.
  3. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +163 / 7 / -13

What would be unconstitutional about profiling terrorist to prevent attacks on American citizens?
  4. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

If you think the England of today is the same as the England of 230 years ago, then you're a fool.

Like I said before... people like you help the terrorists by opposing such basic common sense things as the idea that my 80 year old grandmother shouldn't be as rigorously searched as Muhammed al-Amin al-Saud Hussein bin Laden, 23 year old Saudi national.

I hope you're proud of yourself. Although I have a hunch you're like a typical liberal hypocrite... You oppose racial profiling but when it's your family getting on that airplane, you might not mind it so much.
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2006
  5. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +567 / 2 / -9

Liberals should thank their God that there are Conservatives around to protect their sorry a$ses.

The liberal democrats HATRED for George Bush has made them a partner of the Savage Muslim Terrorist.

Dark skinned middle eastern looking Muslim men attacked America, we are at war with dark skinned middle eastern looking Muslims, the British just captured 24 dark skinned middle eastern looking Muslim men who planned on slaughtering more Americans, dark skinned middle eastern looking Muslim men attacked America all through the nineties, dark skinned middle eastern looking Muslims HATE, HATE America and little American kids, they want them dead.

The CRAZY Bush Hating politically correct sore losing batty American liberal looneys don't want to offend the dark skinned middle eastern looking Muslim dogs that want them and their children dead.

Dark skinned middle eastern looking Muslims are the enemy, the liberals want us to Screen naked blue eyed Albino's.
    :eek: :eek: :eek:
  6. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +451 / 6 / -2

I can't quite understand the problem people have with profiling. Isn't profiling simply a manner of practicing common sense? If Grandma & Terrell Owens each lined up at wide reciever, who do you think you should cover? My money certainly wouldn't be on grandma.
  7. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Hey Jedi Boy,

Are you trying to pick a fight? Don't, because I don't fight with intellectual cripples. You never surprise me anymore, except on the rare occasion when you make sense.

You're a moron if that's what you think I meant by the statement about the British.
    Only a moron would refer to me as a liberal.
    Only a moron would equate opposition to Bush's policies in the so-called "War on Terror" with complicity with terrorists.
    Only a moron would be OK with tossing the 4th Ammendment so they can feel safe getting on an airplane. Guess what? Getting on an airplane is not safe! All the profiling in the world won't help you. There's no way to physically tell a terrorist from an American. If we start to profile more, don't you think they could find an African Muslim and dress him to look like a black American?

Come back to me when you're sober and we can talk.
  8. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Wistah, you make to many logical equations. This typically doesn't compute with the dittohead masses of sheeple that need to be told by some slick pols how to think.
  9. gomezcat

gomezcat It's SIR Moderator to you Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

I'm for profiling, where it is accurate and done with respect. If you have to stop and search someone, do so in as discreet a manner as possible, explaining the reasons. Do it right and they'll perhaps realise why it is necessary. Do it wrong and "perhaps the Bloke at the Mosque was right that they hate us and Allah". The other problem is that profiling would have missed John Walker Lindh, Richard Reid and Jermaine Lindsey.
    BTW, all of those arrests last week were achieved without the need to resort to Guantanamo Bay or the Patriot Act. I can also tell you that Muslim terrorist suspects get full rights when being interviewed and have due process. I know, because I have seen it for myself in my line of work (the person in question was duly charged and extradited, but that's as much as I can really say). We STILL put people away for years despite this.
    The main reason for doing things by the book is so that we are better than the murdering scum and their sh*t head supporters. The other is to protect the innocent, who HAVE been caught up in raids.
    Shooting terrorists in the head is very appealing but it makes us like them and gives the f*ckers yet another excuse. Otherwise, they will drag us back into the Middle Ages with them.
  10. Real World

Ratings:
    +451 / 6 / -2

Brown,

Ron Paul is a pretty darned good pol. Very rare that I find it poosible to compliment a politician of any kind. Most of my libertarian/conservative buds love the guy.

Anyhow, 4th Amendment:

U.S. Constitution: Fourth Amendment
    Fourth Amendment - Search and Seizure

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Undoubtedly one of the reasons our nation and the word liberty go hand in hand. I think the issue of civil liberty versus TWAT (The War Against Terror) is an important debate. How far is one willing to compromise individual freedoms in exchange for increased security from terrorism? It's a delicate issue with which we shouldn't blindly concede to the governments desires. That being said, profiling, eves dropping on international calls, and monitoring transactions of offshore accounts have certainly proved to be an incredible weapon against terrorism. The London plot would never have been thwarted otherwise.
  11. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Oh Lord, looks like I hit a nerve with the sensitive little crybaby :rolleyes:
    You said (direct quote, your words): "They don't use our Constitution, that's why we fought a war to eject them." To refer back to a war that took place 230 years ago when discussing events ongoing in present day England is very weak.
    Bullcrap. If you think profiling doesn't work, then why does El Al do it to perfection..? I wish our airlines employed the same tactics El Al uses including (but not limited to) racial and ethnic profiling.

Better yet, ya know what would be great..? Now this could never happen, but wouldn't it be great if different airlines could do their own things..? Some would do racial profiling and strict security procedures. Others could do your little ultra liberal Utopia where holding hands and singing peace songs will make everyone love everyone else. Now which airline do you think people will fly and which do you think will go out of business..?
    Great job sticking the landing..!! You're lucky Patters is a liberal or you'd be outta here. But I know he'll just turn a blind eye to the TOS violations of a fellow liberal.
  12. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Sounds like you'd be happeir in Israel. You can still play here from there - and you'd get to live in the police state you long for. You'd probably look good in a brown shirt, like Obi-Wan Kenobe.
  13. Real World

Ratings:
    +451 / 6 / -2

It's hard to argue with the success of El AL. The Israeli's are sharp SOB's when it comes to security.
  14. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

To restate myself (since you apparently weren't smart enough to understand it the first time): I'd be happier if U.S. airlines employed the same security measures that El Al does including (but not limited to) racial and ethnic profiling. Only a complete moron would take that statement and deduce that I "would be happeir (sic.) in Israel," wouldn't you agree..? But no one could possibly be that stupid, right...?
    Like I was saying about complete morons... :rolleyes:
  15. ELOrocks17

ELOrocks17 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Uh...ok. I guessing your not understandg the whole "Israeli thing". Israel is a sliver of a country surrounded by 5 other countries that have publicy announced that they want you wiped off the planet. Now if libs were running it, they would have probably just given up like the UN told them to. And allowed themselves to be murdered. Good thing people like you arn't running it.
  16. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

I don't get why all you Bush rump-lickers drool all over Israel and jump down the throats of anyone who criticizes it. It's like you have the hots for the country for some reason. Why the hell do you care more about them than anyone else in the world?

It's just wierd sh-t, IMO.

Would it make you happy if I said, "Israel is always the victim on defense from their neighbors, who are all, without exception, evil and wrong. There is nothing Israel does that is remotely subject to criticism."

Does that give you a little chubber when you hear someone say that?
  17. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Maybe because they're a free country in the middle of the roughest patch in the world of two bit dictators, tyrants and those would would gladly kill you and spit on your dead body...

But we all know liberals like you hate free countries like Israel and America....
  18. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

That's the last place on Earth we'd find your candy crapper, right Jedi Knight? Even your avatar has a fictional character in battle pose. Is that supposed to be you, tough guy?

You're out of you mother-friggin mind. I'm more conservative than you even could imagine. You just use the word "liberal" to describe anyone who doesn't agree with the idiot simian traitor in the White House and rump-kissers like yourself.

You're a typical chickenhawk who doesn't have the balls to enlist when you can, grab a gun, and put your money where your mouth is. A coward who'll beat the war drum and place men and women - WOMEN - between danger and your own pampered sorry arse. Unfortunately, you resemble most Americans who do the same thing. If you weren't such a vagina to me, I'd just feel sorry for you.
  19. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Wrong again, assh*le. I proudly enlisted in the United States Navy about 10 years ago and did my time as a Fireman and eventually Machinist Mate 3rd Class. Sorry if I couldn't arrange for any wars to be fought during that period.

I look forward to seeing if you are man enough to publicly apologize, but my hopes are very low. That's OK... seeing you put your foot so far in your mouth is entertainment enough.
  20. ELOrocks17

ELOrocks17 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

You would have better odds of Brittny Spears finding the cure for cancer.