PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Commitment to Excellence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digger44

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
I am beginning this thread to rally Pats fans on this board (old and new alike) to take back this board from the chaos and sheer stupidity that has surfaced over the last few weeks. The rumors have been reported as facts. The rumors have been invented from somebody's grandmother's dog on some occasions. This board is about integrity. Let's take it back. If you have breaking news, document it. If you have great ideas, by all means post the, however we need to stop trying to create news.

Are you with me?

Digger I'm with you on this.

Only problem is that Ian entered into a website sharing agreement a few weeks ago with a Red Sox site, so we are getting an influx of folks who are (ahem) recently discovering that there is a football team in Foxboro.

It's capitalism and Ian deserves to make a buck. Not much we can do about it.

Last edited:
Digger, I'm thinking the "straw that broke the camel's back" on this was the thread called "unconfirmed rumor." I'll just watch it play out, as regards whatever other threads you are talking about. But you have to admit, that particular thread came with a caveat in its title. I think you were harsh on that guy. Hell, nfl.com even has a "rumor mill" page. Those things are supposed to be just fun to read. It's like bashing "The Daily Show" for slipping in jokes.

Just my 2 cents' worth,

PFnV

It's up to people to use their brains when reading threads. I personally take nothing as gospel until it is confirmed officially. It's as simple as that.

im sticking through it. i used to live in MA but i moved few years ago. Still a fan..i get criticized if I ever say Im a proud Patriots fan but i really dont care. I've watched the great and the bad side of us. Last year on a board..a lot of Patriot fans said they dont think were making playoffs that were done..dynasty over. But i said were going to the playoffs..we will win at least 1 game and Dynasty isnt over till we have a horrible season. As long as we have Brady and a few people to catch and on defense have Bruschi to lead us..i strongly believe we will be in the playoffs once again..not saying its easy but we will get there

Digger44 said:
I am beginning this thread to rally Pats fans on this board (old and new alike) to take back this board from the chaos and sheer stupidity that has surfaced over the last few weeks. The rumors have been reported as facts. The rumors have been invented from somebody's grandmother's dog on some occasions. This board is about integrity. Let's take it back. If you have breaking news, document it. If you have great ideas, by all means post the, however we need to stop trying to create news.

Are you with me?
im with ya "bruther".

but please, do we have to sink to lows of using oakland raiders slogans??

PatsFanInVa said:
Digger, I'm thinking the "straw that broke the camel's back" on this was the thread called "unconfirmed rumor." I'll just watch it play out, as regards whatever other threads you are talking about. But you have to admit, that particular thread came with a caveat in its title. I think you were harsh on that guy. Hell, nfl.com even has a "rumor mill" page. Those things are supposed to be just fun to read. It's like bashing "The Daily Show" for slipping in jokes.

Just my 2 cents' worth,

PFnV

I actually didn't have "that" thread in mind, but that is an example. I have no problems with the NFL.com rumors or PTF. These are documentable sources. "Some newspaper from Cheesemold, Wisconsin my cousin Bubba told me about" is not a source. Cite the source. Name the paper. Oh and another thing, The "I read it on NFL Network Ticker" is getting old. 95% of the time the poster read it wrong and the info is bogus. Case in point, "LA signed in JAX." Oh really? That was to news to LA & JAX.

NE_PATS_FAN_54 said:
im with ya "bruther".

but please, do we have to sink to lows of using oakland raiders slogans??

Well, Oakland plays like my grandmother's dog. I am sorry.

I'm with you

I still like this site because I get information from members quicker than any other source. Someone posts an announcement right away and other sites don't have it yet.

However, it is disppointing to see all this chicken little stuff and over reaction from the fans, obviously newcomers who haven't suffered through incompetent management and players. Today there is an example of a post that implies Josh Brown was signed to an offer sheet when it reality it was a supposition on a possibility on another site. Those things depress me.

Regardless, we will still have one of the best teams in the NFL, we will be in competition for the AFC East, The AFC Championship and the Super Bowl.

I can't wait to see who else we sign, who we draft and how the team shapes up.

For those people that have expressed lack of faith in Belichick and Pioli, too bad. The reason the Pats remain competitive is they embrace the need for change and aren't afraid to follow a plan. Not every effort pays off, but its ridiculous to assume they would.

Some day we will lose Pioli and ?Belichick and Brady and then we will know what we have lost and how good they are.

Pats fan since 63, season ticket holder when Mike Taliaferro was our QB.
Its good to be a Pats fan.

If we can't have Football ('till July anyway) the next best thing is ranchor, controversey and biter, bitter flame wars.

sdaniels7114 said:
If we can't have Football ('till July anyway) the next best thing is ranchor, controversey and biter, bitter flame wars.

TY troll, welcome to the board. Maybe, just maybe this board was never about that. It was a board that drew people with a passion for honesty and integrity far different than KFFL, ESPN, or anything else. Maybe, just maybe true football fans want to keep it that way.

Digger44 said:
TY troll, welcome to the board. Maybe, just maybe this board was never about that. It was a board that drew people with a passion for honesty and integrity far different than KFFL, ESPN, or anything else. Maybe, just maybe true football fans want to keep it that way.

I think after the influx dies down that the more moronic of fellows will move on to other boards where they are greeted with more welcoming arms. Flame wars only pan out in places where people allow them to go on. That doesn't hold up here and normally the idiots that stoop to those tactics are weeded out. Sure, with the recent influx the stream of them is heavier than normal right now, but they'll be weeded out eventually. Darwin's theory at work. They won't last, they aren't equipped to on this board.

Good to have you "back" Digger! My issue in all this has been the lack of faith in BB, SP and the rest of the FO. I can't wait to look back at our "March Madness" in September and see how crazy all of this was! JMO, but those who have jumped off the "In Belichick We Trust" bandwagon were never really members to begin with!

Being a Patriots fan..the worst part of the year is right now. We dont go after big name players and we dont hesistate to drop any one from the team. But then during the football season you get to watch the unknown playes do their thing and you say..wow..that was a good move.

Remix 6 said:
Being a Patriots fan..the worst part of the year is right now. We dont go after big name players and we dont hesistate to drop any one from the team. But then during the football season you get to watch the unknown playes do their thing and you say..wow..that was a good move.

Remix welcome to the board. This is a newbie with a good comment. People have accused me of not wanting newbies. This is an example of the type of newbie this board needs. smart post remix.

Bill's Girl said:
Good to have you "back" Digger! My issue in all this has been the lack of faith in BB, SP and the rest of the FO. I can't wait to look back at our "March Madness" in September and see how crazy all of this was! JMO, but those who have jumped off the "In Belichick We Trust" bandwagon were never really members to begin with!

TY BG .....

Digger44 said:

Are you with me?
With you!!!! I agree wholeheartedly!!....integrity and solid controversy..not dumb things...

Digger44 said:
Are you with me?

Yup.

Though I read the boards at least once a day, I pretty much stopped posting during the season because I got so tired of the "troll control" of the threads.

Then, as you stated, post-season we've been dealing w/ unsubstantiated posts which seem to emanate like farts do, except that they are forcibly removed from the poster's posterior.

We need to police ourselves, perhaps by declining to respond to such posts. No one who craves attention like these posters seem to will stick around if they're ignored.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes