PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Comments made by Santonio Holmes and Terrell Suggs

Status
Not open for further replies.

furley

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Which team, Baltimore or New York, would you like to see a rematch against during the playoffs?

I'll like to see New England shut Suggs up (what a sourpuss) more so for last season's playoff lost. Because I don't feel that New England defeated Baltimore convincingly this season.

"It was only one game. We'll see those guys again. We put it to our minds that we want to see these guys again. That's what it's going to be. We're going to have another showdown with these guys again, if we see them again in the playoffs."

Tom Brady, Patriots appear to be class of AFC after rout of Jets - Don Banks - SI.com

"But like I said, he just better hope he don’t see us again."

BostonHerald.com - Blogs: Rap Sheet Blog Archive Terrell Suggs to Tom Brady: “He just better hope he don’t see us again”

Which team, Baltimore or New York, would you like to see a rematch against during the playoffs?

I'll like to see New England shut Suggs up (what a sourpuss) more so for last season's playoff lost. Because I don't feel that New England defeated Baltimore convincingly this season.

"It was only one game. We'll see those guys again. We put it to our minds that we want to see these guys again. That's what it's going to be. We're going to have another showdown with these guys again, if we see them again in the playoffs."

Tom Brady, Patriots appear to be class of AFC after rout of Jets - Don Banks - SI.com

"But like I said, he just better hope he don’t see us again."

BostonHerald.com - Blogs: Rap Sheet Blog Archive Terrell Suggs to Tom Brady: “He just better hope he don’t see us again”

I would rather have them rematch the Jets because the Jets will not win in Foxboro. We've outscored them 76-17 the last two years. Baltimore has played us really tough there the last three times, dominating us in the playoffs last season. A lot of it is psychological. Based on the current seeding, I'd expect to see the Ravens, though.

I'd rather play the Jets, because Baltimore has a better QB, Defense, RB, and WRs are debatable (I say Boldin is better than anyone on the Jets).

Last edited:
I want the Ravens. This is a better team than the one that beat them in OT earlier this season. I think they will do better if they meet with them again.

I want the Ravens. This is a better team than the one that beat them in OT earlier this season. I think they will do better if they meet with them again.

What's better than first embarrassing the Jets on national television and then ending their Super Bowl dreams once and for all?

The ravens are a dangerous team. They've beaten us in Foxboro, and the game earlier this season was extremely close. Jets by a mile.

A day when you beat the Jets is a treasure. It's fun to beat anyone, but ending the Jets season would be simply magical.

I know it wasn't one of the options, but the team I *don't* want to see again in the postseason is the Chargers.

I know they're 6-6, but they have the offense to erase a late lead quickly, like the Colts did against our D a couple weeks ago, and I have less confidence in Rivers' blowing it with a crucial INT at the end.

I understanding the preference for the Jets. However, the local media would love it if it were Baltimore. The drama. I mean, with a playoff victory, you could shut up Suggs and silence Ray Lewis, Ngata and the rest of their stout defense (they're somewhat susceptible against the pass).

Brady hates the Jets but you don't think he would love to take a football and shove it down Suggs' throat. I think he would...

As much as I can't stand the Jets, there's no other player out there who I love seeing lose than Terrell Suggs.

Seeing him lose and hearing all the Raven's fans cry and complain the next day gives me joy like Christmas morning used to when I was a little kid. (I live in-between Baltimore and DC so I'm in Raves/Redskins country.)

Terrell Suggs looked like his favorite pet just died after losing to the Steelers:

images

Last edited:
Meh, the Chargers have also shown the ability to consistently give teams big leads. I don't think this is your same underachieving Chargers team years past.

Meh, the Chargers have also shown the ability to consistently give teams big leads. I don't think this is your same underachieving Chargers team years past.

What is it about their sparkling .500 record that makes you think the Chargers haven't been underachieving?

I understanding the preference for the Jets. However, the local media would love it if it were Baltimore. The drama. I mean, with a playoff victory, you could shut up Suggs and silence Ray Lewis, Ngata and the rest of their stout defense (they're somewhat susceptible against the pass).

Brady hates the Jets but you don't think he would love to take a football and shove it down Suggs' throat. I think he would...

It really don't matter to me. I don't think the Ravens are going to make it far enough to even play the Pats in the playoffs. I also think the Texans are going to beat them on Monday night.

With the way the Pats are playing right now I have no fear of any team coming into Foxboro. The only fear I have right now with this team is the fact that they are so young. Hopefully, this past domination of the Jests won't make their heads swell and we see another Cleveland game this week in Chicago.

If the vets and BB can keep these young guys grounded and focused on the ultimate goal then we could be watching one of the more special years ever in Patriots history.

Think about it, the way they are playing right now is reminiscent of 2007 domination. The only difference is they are peaking at the end of the season instead of the beginning/middle of the season and I only see them getting better.

This team IS the BEST team in the NFL. Every team should be worried about having to play them in Gillette because it is going to be a massacre of epic porportions as displayed this past Monday night.

If the Pats continue to improve and play the way they are playing now, in the not too distant future we will be seeing #12 and Co hoisting another Lombardi.

The dynasty is back!

What's better than first embarrassing the Jets on national television and then ending their Super Bowl dreams once and for all?

Make no mistake, it's always gratifying to beat the Jets. However, we have embarrassed them on national tv convincingly. The Ravens, on the other hand, kept talking about Pat's "lucky" win, and how history would repeat itself should they meet in the playoff again. It would be very gratifying to beat them convincingly in the playoff just to shut them once and for all. I think the way the team is playing right now, they can beat anybody. Well, the homer in me can only hope the latter is correct :D

Last edited:
Anyone who wants to play the Ravens is a moron. We've won two of three against them, but the wins easily could have gone either way, and the loss was a blowout. They are easily my most-feared playoff team.
Since it looks like Pats will have home field, I don't fear the Chargers at all. They're only 6-6 and doubt they'd be good in the cold or snow. But why are you even talking about the Chargers? They're 2 games back of the Chiefs with 4 to go; an uphill battle to even reach the playoffs.
Heaven on earth would be Jaguars winning the South and winning their wildcard game to come into NE for the divisional game. Then I'd like to play the Steelers in the AFCCG after that, because we have a pretty decent history against them in that game :D

What is it about their sparkling .500 record that makes you think the Chargers haven't been underachieving?

i can't speak for him, but for myself, i don't think the chargers are the same underachieving team as in the past. i think they're achieving exactly as much as they should. they're not that good.

The thing about the Ravens is that they are a really good road team. it usually doesnt matter with them, they'll kick your butt either way on defense. I would hate to see them in the playoffs but if we met, i think we'd beat them this time around.

Last edited:
Rather play Jets at home than the Ravens personally. We have beaten both this season but Ravens are the better team!

Anyone who wants to play the Ravens is a moron. We've won two of three against them, but the wins easily could have gone either way, and the loss was a blowout. They are easily my most-feared playoff team.
Since it looks like Pats will have home field, I don't fear the Chargers at all. They're only 6-6 and doubt they'd be good in the cold or snow. But why are you even talking about the Chargers? They're 2 games back of the Chiefs with 4 to go; an uphill battle to even reach the playoffs.
Heaven on earth would be Jaguars winning the South and winning their wildcard game to come into NE for the divisional game. Then I'd like to play the Steelers in the AFCCG after that, because we have a pretty decent history against them in that game :D

Pardon my ignorance on football related matter but I feel that this offense is so different than our previous offense. When we played them earlier this year, we are still adjusting to live after Moss. This type of offense is similar to the one we use to employ prior to 07. I feel this type of offense will match fairly well against the ravens' d. Their d is similar to the Jets' d.

Instead of calling someone who has a different opinion from you a moron, I prefer we respectfully agree to disagree and leave it at that. Regardless, I am sure the team is not afraid of playing anyone ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
Back