Welcome to PatsFans.com

Comments from Republican Leaders during Clinton Impreachment Proceedings...

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DarrylS, Jan 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +358 / 11 / -27

Some comments from Republican Leaders during the Clinton Impeachment Proceedings, take whatever you want from them.

From Tom Delay:

"This nation sits at a crossroads. One direction points to the higher road of the rule of law. Sometimes hard, sometimes unpleasant, this path relies on truth, justice and the rigorous application of the principle that no man is above the law. Now, the other road is the path of least resistance. This is where we start making exceptions to our laws based on poll numbers and spin control. This is when we pitch the law completely overboard when the mood fits us, when we ignore the facts in order to cover up the truth.

No man is above the law, and no man is below the law. That’s the principle that we all hold very dear in this country."

From Bill Frist:

"I will have no part in the creation of a constitutional double-standard to benefit the President. He is not above the law. If an ordinary citizen committed these crimes, he would go to jail."

From Henry Hyde:

"I suggest impeachment is like beauty: apparently in the eye of the beholder. But I hold a different view. And it's not a vengeful one, it's not vindictive, and it's not craven. It's just a concern for the Constitution and a high respect for the rule of law. ... as a lawyer and a legislator for most of my very long life, I have a particular reverence for our legal system. It protects the innocent, it punishes the guilty, it defends the powerless, it guards freedom, it summons the noblest instincts of the human spirit.

The rule of law protects you and it protects me from the midnight fire on our roof or the 3 a.m. knock on our door."
  2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +649 / 2 / -9

Our country is now at war with Bloodthirsty Muslim Terrorist Savages, their soul purpose in life now is to Attack Our Country AGAIN and slaughter YOU and your family and your dog.

This President is doing his best to prevent that and save your childrens lives.

The Sore Losing Democrats (not all) would put this whole country in Harms Way just to destroy the man that beat them in the election booth, TWICE.

Their hatred knows no boundries. Every one of them believed in the WMD's, then they jumped with glee when none was found, now was their chance, instead of supporting their country they now had a weapon to Crucify their own President, the New Democrats (not all) are the scum of the earth, they will pay "Big Time" for their hatred AT THE POLLS in 2006 and again in 2008, the people won't forget, the people that elected Bush will grow to twice that number, they are quiet now, they wait, it is the sore losers that are making all the noise, when the sleeping giant wakes up he will crush the bast ard traitors, they will be out of power for years to come.

Kennedy/Pelosi/Boxer/Schumer/Reid/Lahey/Murtha/Kerry/Rangle/Hillary/ these are a few of your "New Democrats" vicious jealous sore losers, they are the people that should be Impeached.

WE ARE AT WAR YOU HATEFUL BAST ARDS.
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2006
  3. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +259 / 10 / -11

Good point, Harry. Why don't we just get rid of Bush, bring in Saddam, and really get things under control? Glad to see you oppose the Constitution and the law. It reveals what kind of person you really are. And your childish comments (as well as the name Harry Boy) make me think that you're emotionally stunted.
  4. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +649 / 2 / -9

Bush Lied (these scum say)

Of all the democRAT lies of 2005, the lies and acts of pure treason by many democRATs regarding the War on Terror and the very worst of them are those who knew all that President Bush knew, in fact knew all that President clinton knew, voted in support of the President in the War on Terror, authorized the President to conduct the War on Terror and now that Bush's numbers are down, have flip-flopped and are now accusing President Bush of lying to start a war. Many of these treasonous hypocrites were even more vehemenent in their support for war than Bush was, but have now reverted to their natural state of surrender monkeys.

These Rat Bast ard Sore Losers are now destroying a once Great Political Party all because of their hatred and jealously of one man, their President.

More than the war, more than the attack on 9/11 the one thing that keeps these vermin awake at night is the fact that George W Bush sleeps in the White House something these swine will never do even in their Wet Dreams.

HARRY BOY Ex Democrat
    ----------
  5. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand Rookie

Ratings:
    +99 / 7 / -14

#37 Jersey

And you a shining example of the word NAZI. The nastiest left wing regime of them all, is exactly what you want to turn America in to, disgraceful!

Our great men and women of the armed forces are doing such a great job on the war on terror and you and your party can do nothing but call them losers, sorry you are the loser, NEM!
  6. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +649 / 2 / -9

If "Nem Dem" is an example of what an American should be America would now be a Dictatorship under Germany & The Japs.

Or maybe Castro.
  7. patriotspride

patriotspride Banned

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

nem is foaming at the mouth again and hes breaking the rules calling harry names .oh mr patters where are you its time for nems thorazin injection and his eletro shock theraphy .www.NEMisatroopkillingpieceofcrap.com
  8. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +649 / 2 / -9

Patters says I am emotionally stunted, Patters also doesn't like my name (Harry Boy) LOL, why does Patters say these mean things about "Harry Boy" well, I'll tell you why, Patters doesn't like to hear what I say, Patters doesn't like to hear from the other side of the fence, Patters thinks the whole world evolves around (Do-Gooding, Looney, Loopy, Liberal Bush Haters).

"NEM DEM" is on the verge of a nervous breakdown, each day he has to watch as George W Bush is introduced as, "THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA"
    Thank you dear Jesus up heaven, thank you for not letting "John Fonda Kerry" be in charge of the "War On Terror".

John Fonda Kerry Said, "I will kill Bin Laden Before I Kill Him" :singing:
  9. Patters

Ratings:
    +259 / 10 / -11

Putting On My Moderator's Hat

Stop the name calling, or I'll close this thread.
  10. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

So riddle me this: what would Bush have to do for YOU to support impeachment. Be creative, name something you know he wouldn't do if you want, but tell me if there's ANYTHING AT ALL that you consider over the line or, since we're at war, do you think Bush has a free pass?
  11. PatsFanInEaglesLand

Ratings:
    +99 / 7 / -14

#37 Jersey

You have never made a post w/o calling someone a name! People like that are vile and inhuman and should be treated like such.

Some on the left here can not imagine a world were people have personal responsibility, want to be taken care of by the government, just like the Nazi's, want everyone to think like them, just like the Nazi's, jealousy of others wealth, just like the Nazi's.

If it walks like a duck..............
  12. PatsFanInEaglesLand

Ratings:
    +99 / 7 / -14

#37 Jersey

Committing an actual crime, would be a start, not just your liberal fallacies.
  13. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +649 / 2 / -9

Patters wants to close the thread, there are few "Neo Cons" on here saying bad things that "libby wibby's" don't agree with.

Don't worry about Nem calling me names, it is a BADGE OF HONOR to be on Nem's Sh it List :rocker:
  14. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +649 / 2 / -9

Closing threads because of "silly little name calling" is "CENSORSHIP" something liberals claim to HATE.

Liberals "Despise Censorship" except if it is ANN COULTER, then they scream "SHUT HER UP"

See The Liberal With Bricks On His Head :bricks:
  15. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

That's not an answer. Comitting a crime is not an action. A crime is how the action is judged. I mean what action could Bush commit that you would consider a crime, along the lines of the stuff he's getting accused of but maybe more serious. For example, if he suspended US presidential elections to stay in office until the war was over, would you support impeaching him? If he arrested every Senator who voted against the Patriot Act, would you support impeaching him? If he suspended the entire bill of rights for the duration of the conflict, would you support impeaching him? I know these are far out scenarios, I'm just wondering where the self-proclaimed "neo-cons" stand IF these things somehow happened.
  16. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I hate to be the "let's play nice" guy, but if we're here to discuss politics, we need to show the maturity the subject deserves. While none of us are making world decisions, the things we're talking about are very ("life & death") serious and deserve respect and deference. If we're discussing the lives and futures of billions of people, we can't afford to be petty by calling each other names.
  17. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +649 / 2 / -9

1 -Islamic Muslims Hate Jews, they want them exterminated from the face of the earth.

2 -George Bush is killing Islamic Muslim Terrorists, the very Terrorists that want to behead every Jew in America.

Why then are the Jews such as Striesand, and the rest of them in Hollywood and many many more throughout America trying to destroy Bush, the very person that is fighting their deadly savage enemy??

It boggles my mind.
  18. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +358 / 11 / -27

Nice post, the intent of posting this thread was to spir discussion regarding what the Republicans said about Clinton, and how situational their words have become. It seems that how we interpret the constitution depends on who is interpreting it and when it is being interpreted. If we apply the standards of Hyde, Frist and DeLay then impeachment is in order. If we simply say bad things about Clinton and continue that stupid name calling rant, then the discussion goes on ad infinitum and nothing is resolved. The issue posed is that these Repblican Leaders said some things about what is impeachable, now there is a similar situation with GWB and everyone is backtracking. Be consistent folks, and stop the Republican Flip Flopping.
  19. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Because you're making some wide assumptions that may or may not be supported by facts (but that's where the debate lies).

1. Islamic Muslims Hate Jews. First of all, I don't know if you're showing some ignorance of terminology here or if you meant something else, but "Islamic" and "Muslim" mean the same thing. A Muslim is an adherant of Islam. The disagreement is that many Jews (including me) have is that we don't feel like Muslims, as a people, hate us. We feel that extremist Muslims do hate us, but the same static also comes from anti-Semitic Christians. The point is that it's the extremes in any faction that despise all other factions, it's not unique to Muslims.

After I came here from the former USSR, I grew up in the town of Sharon, MA. We have a mosque there (as well as an Islamic study center) and several temples. The Jewish and Muslim communities are very close with each other and even hold some services together (because Muslims consider Jews monotheistic and vice versa, both religeons allow followers to pray in each others' houses of worship). About 5 years ago, when the mosque was vandalized, one of the temples allowed them to hold all of their services there until repairs were made, without charging rent. It's an anecdotal example, but it shows that the hate you're talking about is not inherent in the religeon.

2. George Bush is killing Islamic Muslim Terrorists. The disagreement there is obvious. You say he's killing terrorists, others say he's creating a whole generation of them by attacking countries for personal gain. Also, in your #2, you used the term "terrorists", while in #1 you just lumped all Muslims together as Jew-haters. I feel there's a major disconnect in that identifying the terrorists from the non-terrorists should be a very important part of any campaign, but doesn't seem to be.
  20. Patters

Ratings:
    +259 / 10 / -11

Putting On My Moderator's Hat

NEM, I don't think anyone objects to the occasional insult, but they have a cumulative affect. These are examples of some of the things I view as personal insults in your posts in this thread. Don't bother arguing the point, because I am 100% positive we'll disagree. I'm not into a semantic or linguistic discussion about what constitutes a personal insult. If it look like a personal insult and sounds like one, it is one. Period.

- And ignorant people like you can not even see beyond his lies.... You make me sick.
    - Harry is your typical, small minded voter.
    - You are a disgrace to the word "American."
    - You are the loser for wanting to continue to see them die.
    - You are a sick, disgrace to the United States
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.