PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Coming up on NFL Live now (ESPN)...

Status
Not open for further replies.
True, I forgot about the one in the 3rd qtr. The one in the 4th he missed would have made it 30-20, I was sure we were winning that game after he missed, too bad that one was of Bradys worst career games.

Yeah, that was absolutely gut wrenching. Brady wasn't entirely accurate, but a good deal of those INTs came off of the hands of his targets, including the game loser. He played better in that one than the '04 Dolphins game or the '05 Chiefs one.

Alright, enough of that, it's depressing.

I understand why they want to talk up the Steelers. They actually aren't a bad little football team when they play well. However, they can discuss them in the same class as the Pats all they want but that doesn't change the fact they aren't even close.

I doubt the Steelers would even give the Cowboys a good game right now.

schlerth? maybe in the rankings..but not in what he has said so far. they are even complaining about the missed first down being reviewed !!

They're complaining about a play being reviewed that was actually reversed?

That's Merrill "I hate everything Patriots because I used to play for the Steelers and HOW DARE THEY THREATEN TO ECCLIPSE OUR 1970s DYNASTY" Hoge? :D

BTW the Steelers strength of schedule ranks 31 out of 32. (Per Sagarin's formula)

Good point on strength of schedule. Steelers play the Ravens and Bengals twice each, the AFC East, NFC West, JAX, and Denver.

In other words, the good to decent opponents are Pats, JAX, Browns x2, and Bills. And that's it. First Browns win was on the road against Charlie Frye, and then they squeaked out this week at home. Bills win was at home and before Bills started pulling it together.

Pats have already beat Dallas and Indy on the road, plus Browns, Redskins, and Bills.

Hodge just said that if the Steelers upset the Pats Ben Roethlisburger would win the MVP this year. I don't get this joke.:confused:

Put yourself in their shoes. It's either that, or report on the current effort to polish the Lombardi trophy so it looks good for Mr. Kraft in February.

You do want people watching you this season, right? They have to do something to keep interest up....

Slag is hilarious, but this statement is pretty true.

How in the hell does Hoge have a job? Jesus tap dancing Christ.

He has a job because he is willing to say stupid things that will convince viewers to tune in.

He should get a raise for today's performance.

After his little rant about why Pitt. was number 1, he made a discrete comment about how Indy. might be number 2 and that they were "close to the Patriots." Guys as sharp as a tack :bricks:

As a Steeler fan I'm embarassed for Merrill. Post-concussion syndrome seems to have gotten the better of him.

At least Shlereth made sense.
yes for ONCE he did...I still do not like him at all..between him and Hoge it's tweedledee and tweedledum..

So the Pats didn't look good against the Colts? I agree. But they still won. How'd the Stillers look against a putrid Denver team and the hapless Arizona Cardinals??? I mean, Jesus.

Merril Power Rankings
1. Steelers
2. Patriots
3. Colts
4. Packers
5. Cowboys

Mark Power Rankings
1. Patriots
2. Cowboys
3. Packers
4. Colts
5. Steelers

Now Merril is talking about how Ben should be right up there with Brady for best QB in the league. My god..

Meril's a freaking douchebag. If that's not a biased answer, then I don't know what is. What exactly do we have to do to get that number one spot? Beat every team we've played? Blow the majority of them out of the water? Beat the Steelers? Oh wait, they're the ones who haven't won all their games. They should have to beat US for that spot.

Meril's a freaking douchebag. If that's not a biased answer, then I don't know what is. What exactly do we have to do to get that number one spot? Beat every team we've played? Blow the majority of them out of the water? Beat the Steelers? Oh wait, they're the ones who haven't won all their games. They should have to beat US for that spot.

Relax... of course he's being a silly homer. Probably just to piss off Schlereth and Wingo.

Is it really that big a concern around here how the Pats rank in Merrill Hoge's concussed, walnut-sized noggin?

Relax... of course he's being a silly homer. Probably just to piss off Schlereth and Wingo.

Is it really that big a concern around here how the Pats rank in Merrill Hoge's concussed, walnut-sized noggin?
Absolutely it is. I mean, c'mon now, how the hell can the Pats be #2! I don't see how he has Indy behind the Patriots. Afterall, they just BARELY won against the Colts. :bricks:

The thing is, why even have someone on the air like that? If I was looking for a biased answer, I would just go to the Steelers message board. Even there, I'm sure some people would have the Patriots at #1.

But the really important question is, does he cover that concussed, walnut-sized noggin with a hairpiece? I never noticed that until my wife mentioned that she thought he did wear one, but there is definitely something very unnatural looking about his hair.

Inquiring minds demand to know! :D

The thing is, why even have someone on the air like that? If I was looking for a biased answer, I would just go to the Steelers message board. Even there, I'm sure some people would have the Patriots at #1.

I'm fairly certain that most Steelers message boards would be more fair and even-handed towards the Pats than the majority of ESPN "personalities".

They'd all predict that Pittsburgh will win when we face off Dec 9th, of course, but I think almost none would agree with Merrill Hoge that you have to rank the Pats less than #1.

NFL matchup,Hoge's picks are always wrong. Good show though.
Jeremy Green
ESPN radio podcast power ranking

NE
Dal (no threat to NE was his comment)
Pit
GB
Indy
Jags
Giants
Tenn
Det

merril hodge = Douchebag of Biblical Proportions

Please keep up us with what they say.. i cant get to a TV set now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back