PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Coming Soon to a Stadium Near You ~ The Stunning Resurgence of Jermaine Cunningham!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Coming Soon to a Stadium Near You ~ The Stunning Resurgence of Jermaine Cunningha

Considering that Cunningham was the invisible man in 2011, he has nowhere to go but up from there. ;)i

Seriously though, it looks like Cunningham has really worked on his body and added a lot of additional strength. That means that a lot of his 'almost' sacks in 2010 should turn into actual sacks in 2012. I'll give kudos to the kid for putting in the work and earning his roster spot this season.

However, keep in mind that Cunningham basically has to beat out Ninkovich to become a starter for us. And that is actually not an easy task. Ninko has been solid and improving ever since he joined the Pats which is why he earned the starter role in 2011 and is the starter to begin 2012. Cunningham has to show a lot to overtake Ninko.

Is he capable of doing it? Possibly. The competition is definitely a good thing to have at the position.

Re: Coming Soon to a Stadium Near You ~ The Stunning Resurgence of Jermaine Cunningha

A better inquiry for the team will be ...Who will be the best Ex-Florida Gator this year??

You remember 2010 incorrectly. He got hurries and even 6 hits on the QB in 2010, but he lacked the strength to convert them to sacks. This past offseason he clearly put some serious weight room time in, and he looks must stronger. He's also improved his pass rushing technique substantially. Hence his vast year-to-year preseason improvement. THe mystery is what he was doing last offseason...
It should also be noted that he was in a rotation at OLB of Cunningham, TBC, Ninkovich and at times Eric Moore, amnd played most of his snaps in the base 34 not the nickel/dime.

Ian,

Could you please lock all text editing functions on OTG's account?

TIA,

JJ

Ian,

Could you please lock all text editing functions on OTG's account?

TIA,

JJ

Ian,

Could you please put additional text editing functions on OTG's account? I think he is limited by what's there now.

TIA,

RT

Don't you have to have a "Surgence" before you can have a Resurgence?

That said, I hope the OP is right and Cunningham really produces this year.

My thoughts entirely. Cunningham had one or two flashes in year 1 but he pretty much has no track record to "resurge" to. Emergence would be a better choice of words.

Oh give him a break. I bet you guys never go to the draft section.

I also have been defending cunningham since last year, couldn't believe how a good percentage of the posters here wanted to cut him even early last season. And even going into this year they same group already had him on the bubble and just waiting for him to be release. The NEW Crable they said, Hes a bust they said, they never seemed to consider that he might be hurt. He showed to much in his rookie year to be a bust. The talent was/is there
Hurt or not, this is a production based business. If He's not producing, regardless of the reason, then he won't last long.

I'm not remembering a stellar first year by Cunningham. It's not like he had a rookie year like McCourty and then fell off last year.

So going by the eyeball test, Cunningham deserved all the heat he was getting. (Which wasn't much, cuz no one was really paying attention to him) From most of what I read people were giving him this year to prove something before calling him a bust, but you can't expect people to be hyped based on what he's done so far.

Also the real games haven't started yet, so as Brady will tell you, they haven't proved anything yet.

Ian,

Could you please put additional text editing functions on OTG's account? I think he is limited by what's there now.

TIA,

RT

Ian has board bandwidth to worry about.

In all seriousness I'll believe in Cunningham's "resurgence" when I see it.

My thoughts entirely. Cunningham had one or two flashes in year 1 but he pretty much has no track record to "resurge" to. Emergence would be a better choice of words.
I don't know what games you were watching but cunningham was almost always disrupting the play.

What your eyes should have seen was that Cunningham had a vastly better preseason than either of his first two. He led the team in pressures. Whether that continues into the regular season is a legitimate question, but what we just saw is certainly grounds for optimism.

I don't know what games you were watching but cunningham was almost always disrupting the play.

Yes, indeed!! I get a big chuckle out'f the notion that he wasn't a vital part of that 2010 team.

Ninkovich and Cain started 16 games between them.

Beyond them there was...absolutely nobody.

Nobody. :eek:

If we didn't have Cunningham setting the Edge on the Right Flank all year, we would've had a gaping hole in our Defense that other teams would've been able to exploit all...year...long.

spock.gif

Yes, the fact that it hasn't happened yet is what makes this a prediction.

See how that works?
spock.gif

Yeah you go brother OTG. This forum needs more of this stuff. I am growing so tired of the all the fights between Andy and newcomers or Deus and some random poster. Keep it coming, I got your back brother OTG.

Yeah you go brother OTG. This forum needs more of this stuff. I am growing so tired of the all the fights between Andy and newcomers or Deus and some random poster. Keep it coming, I got your back brother OTG.

May The God Of Your Choice Bless You, Brother Daigle!! :rocker:

Just trying to let it flow...

Many predictions will be DEAD wrong ~ hopefully, those will be soon forgotten!! :D

But I greatly enjoy this "thinking aloud" process, and the collaborations with my Fellow Patriots Fanatics!!

Back to the Lab, I go...!!
insane.gif

Off you go sir.

Always enjoy your enthusiasm, OTG. Please carry on in your inimitable style..... I also look forward to Cunningham having a productive season doing his job!

You might get racked for this, but I agree with it. I loved Cunningham's play in the preseason. He was constantly in the backfield at all times. But, let's remember that Taylor Price looked like the next great thing at times in the 2011 preseason and the defense, as a whole, look All-World last year. The preseason isn't always the best barometer for how you're going to play when the games actually matter. While I understand that this is a prediction thread, some of you should temper your enthusiasm... at least for now.

Always enjoy your enthusiasm, OTG. Please carry on in your inimitable style.....

I also look forward to Cunningham having a productive season doing his job!

Thanks for the kind words, Sir!! :D

To JC's success!!
beer.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back