PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Comeback Player of the year (so far) Brett Favre or Randy Moss?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont get it when you guys are like .."If moss keeps this up, he is definately a HOF for sure"

are you guys kidding? is this some sort of sick joke? Moss was a HOF like 4 years ago..by the end of the 2005 campaign..Moss had better stats then about 95% of the Recievers in the HOF, get real guys..

Moss is not a sure fire HOFer yet - Not quite that easy,stats don't get you automatic in the HOF - There are many players who were superb all thier career yet get overlooked - Ask Ray Clay about Houston Antwine,and I 100% agree with his displeasure of not seeing him in there.If i sat here and looked guys up who are not yet in the hall I could be here all night.

It also hurts when whoever votes sees a player on numerous teams,Its usually easier to vote for a guy in the HOF when he spends most of his career if not all of it,with 1 team,Randy is most assuredly deserving but not guaranteed.

How about Albert Haynesworth? He came back from that horrendous penalty where he stomped the Cowboys player's head and now he's one of the best DTs in football. Possible DPOY as well.

How about Albert Haynesworth? He came back from that horrendous penalty where he stomped the Cowboys player's head and now he's one of the best DTs in football. Possible DPOY as well.
Don't worry about Jason Taylor making any awards this year - like I told you earlier in our discussion in september,Jason wants to get the F-ck out of that pathetic craphole in Miami and play on a real team in his last few years IF he decides that being a Dolphin this long and nothing ring-wise to show for it is worth hanging on a few more years on another team or just retire while embarrassed of the team that drafted him and sent his talents to total waste which mainly refers to a SB trophy.

Don't worry about Jason Taylor making any awards this year - like I told you earlier in our discussion in september,Jason wants to get the F-ck out of that pathetic craphole in Miami and play on a real team in his last few years IF he decides that being a Dolphin this long and nothing ring-wise to show for it is worth hanging on a few more years on another team or just retire while embarrassed of the team that drafted him and sent his talents to total waste which mainly refers to a SB trophy.

Yet again you've done a wonderful job misguiding the original thread topic. Jason Taylor has done nothing but amazing things for the Miami Dolphins and puting any blame on him is just nonsense. He had a hell of a career with us and I'm proud to say he represents my favorite team.

STAY ON TOPIC!

Yet again you've done a wonderful job misguiding the original thread topic. Jason Taylor has done nothing but amazing things for the Miami Dolphins and puting any blame on him is just nonsense. He had a hell of a career with us and I'm proud to say he represents my favorite team.

STAY ON TOPIC!

I don't think Taylor is proudly wearing the Aqua anywhere but the field where he is getting paid for wearing it there,He probably wears Patriots jerseys out in public incognito :p

Face it Taylor wasted all of his pro bowl years working his stuff in a wasteland known as Joe Robbie/Pro Player stadium - If he was with the Pats,Colts or any team that is actually capable of being in contention by at least the beginning of december, he would be a much happier man now.

All that talent wasted on a No talent team - sad

I don't think Taylor is proudly wearing the Aqua anywhere but the field where he is getting paid for wearing it there,He probably wears Patriots jerseys out in public incognito :p

Face it Taylor wasted all of his pro bowl years working his stuff in a wasteland known as Joe Robbie/Pro Player stadium - If he was with the Pats,Colts or any team that is actually capable of being in contention by at least the beginning of december, he would be a much happier man now.

All that talent wasted on a No talent team - sad

Sure Jason is frustrated with what is going on, but do you think he wouldn't go to war with any of his teamates? You're damn right Jason is proud to have been a Miami Dolphin all these years. Jason played on some damn good defense, this team was a decent QB away from being a Super Bowl team for about 4 straight years.

Sure Jason is frustrated with what is going on, but do you think he wouldn't go to war with any of his teamates? You're damn right Jason is proud to have been a Miami Dolphin all these years. Jason played on some damn good defense, this team was a decent QB away from being a Super Bowl team for about 4 straight years.

Aqua Jason Taylor's career as a Dolphin is like this I compare it to...

A guy goes to rent a expensive tuxedo to take his new virgin girlfriend to the prom,buying her the nicest flowers money can buy,then taking her to the fanciest most expensive restaurant then driving her home in his rented Lexus then while expecting the expected gratitude from her up to the walkway to her house,all she does is give him a peck on the cheek like a grandma and shake his hand,then closes the door on his face.

Thats what Jason Taylor's football life has been being a dolphins player - all the best you can do but nothing to show for it.

If that story was involving the Patriots that same guy would have had a marathon of naughtiness that whole night!

Understand? - I know Jason would

Last edited:
Aqua Jason Taylor's career as a Dolphin is like this I compare it to...

A guy goes to rent a expensive tuxedo to take his new virgin girlfriend to the prom,buying her the nicest flowers money can buy,then taking her to the fanciest most expensive restaurant then driving her home in his rented Lexus then while expecting the expected gratitude from her up to the walkway to her house,all she does is give him a peck on the cheek like a grandma and shake his hand,then closes the door on his face.

Thats what Jason Taylor's football life has been being a dolphins player - all the best you can do but nothing to show for it.

If that story was involving the Patriots that same guy would have had a marathon of naughtiness that whole night!

Understand? - I know Jason would

Jason will be in the hall of fame so I think he may have a tiny something to show for. Are you telling me Dan Marino's career was a waste? This is a team game, dude, it's not up to one player to decide wins.

Jason will be in the hall of fame so I think he may have a tiny something to show for. Are you telling me Dan Marino's career was a waste? This is a team game, dude, it's not up to one player to decide wins.

Marino would agree with me to the fact that he would give all of his records and his left testicle for any one of Brady's rings - Maybe someday if Brady has too many and he auctions one off on eBay, Marino might have a chance to own one,Marino wishes he had what Montana had those years when in his prime,Thats Another guy who wishes he was drafted by a championship team ;)

As a player you will always be judged by the rings you have on your fingers then its stats second - thats the way it is in defining a successful career in the NFL its SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONSHIPS not great stats - It doesn't sound right to some but its true

Marino would agree with me to the fact that he would give all of his records and his left testicle for any one of Brady's rings - Maybe someday if Brady has too many and he auctions one off on eBay, Marino might have a chance to own one,Marino wishes he had what Montana had those years when in his prime,Thats Another guy who wishes he was drafted by a championship team ;)

As a player you will always be judged by the rings you have on your fingers then its stats second - thats the way it is in defining a successful career in the NFL its SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONSHIPS not great stats - It doesn't sound right to some but its true

I feel differently. In order to achieve Super Bowl titles you need good coaches and players around you. While the same holds true for individual stats, it's not as dependent as it is to win championships.

I'm sure Marino would've loved to play for better teams, but it's not like he's any less of a football player for it.

Looks like we find out today!

I bet Favre wins easily with Moss a solid second and Roethlisberger in 3rd

favre? was he ever down and out? his team sucked last year, but when was favre out? most of last year was his fault... even moss really... moss stood around a lot in oakland, but that's all...
how about seau? give him the Garrison Hearst trophy... heart of a warrior, broke his arm (ugliest break since theisman?)... comes back as a total stud and leader on the best D in the league.

to me, favre should not even be considered. at all. what did he come back from? he wasn't hurt. he came back from sucking?

Last edited:

STAY ON TOPIC!
true, JT's been nothing but amazing... no blame on him... glad he will be a pat (for next to nothing) next year! when we see phins we like, we get them... period. how's the welker dude working out? thought you said you screwed us by getting a 2 for him? lol

Are you telling me Dan Marino's career was a waste? This is a team game, dude, it's not up to one player to decide wins.
lol, hell yeah it was a waste! you answered your own question! it's a team game.. only SB wins count... individual stats dont matter... marino blew it... great stats, but ZERO wins!

Re: Comeback poster of the year

Aqua4Ever04 wins comeback poster of the year... he ran his mouth preseason.. then folded like a $10 omelet once we got to game 4... then he got banned... but, he is still here, just like a ****roach.... you cant kill them... congrats aqua (you get to blow your salary cap on the #1 pick in 08, when there is no true #1 pick! lol)! (ps. did you ever pay that bet you lost?)

Last edited:
Remember UNBIASED opinion or don't answer at all - Thanks

Farve no question.

Moss didn't exactly have the best QB or supporting cast of characters in Oakland, and Farve didn't exactly have the greatest O Line, but I honestly think that Moss didn't have any passion for the game playing in Oakland, and thus, wasn't giving his all.

I do think Farve was giving it his all in GB - and quite frankly, he looked horrendous for a long time, and that's not all the fault of his supporting cast of characters.

Now with a few more offseason moves, Farve looks to have regained much of his previous form and production.

He'd get my vote over Moss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey