Welcome to PatsFans.com

Come on guys, let's UNITE for a common cause......

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Patriot_in_NY, May 29, 2008.

1. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Now is the time for us to come together for a greater cause. :cool:

If we all pledge our vote for McCain right now, perhaps this loopy b!tch will "check out" a little early. Perhaps she'll take her dopey husband too, along with Sean Penn and the rest of the Hollywood pretentious doinks they hang with.

Come on, 4 more years, for a LIFETIME of bliss and freedom from these whacko's. Think about it.
    Last edited: May 29, 2008
  2. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +85 / 31 / -3

#75 Jersey

Nothing will be better than when Sarah Jessica Parker, said she was worried that if Bush got in, her relatives on WELFARE, would starve to death. Gee, I guess the thought of maybe spending a few of her and her husband's millions of dollars to feed these poor starving relatives of hers, never entered her (empty) mind.
  3. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

They always threaten, they never follow through. Still, I'm willing to step up and do my part.
  4. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +141 / 1 / -4

Brought to you by the same group that supported the guy who, according to his own press secretary, did not do his job while sending 4,000 Americans to their death in Iraq. Yeah, let's put in McCain, and see if we can kill another several thousand troops by waging war against Iran and maybe we can stay in Iraq until 2013 and get a few more troops killed. it's a lifetime of bliss and happiness except for the soldiers who are dead and their families who loved them.
  5. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

How about if those goofy people promise to leave if we elect Obama? It's a sacrifice I'd be willing to make.
    :D

Where would Ms. Sarandon be if she'd been born in Iran?
  6. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

OK, so you disagree with her ideology, but why, exactly, is the woman "loopy" and "a bytch?"

Please articulate.

As for the zombie, sorry... That will never be happening... I would never vote for Bush Lite, a man who has sided 100% with Boy King initiatives all year.

Further, I kinda like her husband after his utterly satisfying keynote speech at the NAB dinner.
  7. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Come on Patters, don't pretend you give a sh!t about the soldiers. You libs HATE the military, unless caring for them suits your agenda. It's always been that way.
  8. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -7

Doesn't this air head loon realize that there are thousands of people out there that would love to see her "move out" and never hear of her again there are also millions who don't even know who the b1tch is, she makes people want to vote for McCain.

"gee Arthur I just read something terrible in the news"
    "whats that Harriet"
    "if we don't vote for sh!t head Obama Susan Sarandon is moving to Italy"
    "What"
    "thats right"
    "oh jesus christ almighty god, if she moves to Italy thats the f-cking end of America"
    "I know it"
    "we better vote for sh!t head"
    "I know we have think of the children"

Uncle Jeremiah Says
    "God Damn America"

Pant Suit Hillary Says
    "Where did everybody go"----------:singing:
  9. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Actually it's a joke post mostly........... I don't really give a crap what she thinks, I just thinks it funny that the threatens to leave if the vote doesn't turn out the way SHE wants. Like anyone gives a crap.
  10. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I would never have thought to use "zombie" to describe McCain. I always thought of him more like a vampire...the undead...but whichever.
  11. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

You mentioned something recently about "general douche-baggery?" Here's you setting the standard with a broad-brushed strawman position.
    Last edited: May 29, 2008
  12. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

So General Douche Baggery isn't the commander of the 3ID?
  13. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -1

#15 Jersey

If you oppose the war, you hate the military. Got it. There are many brave people who have done great things for our country who have opposed wars, Lincoln being one of them.
  14. Patters

Ratings:
    +141 / 1 / -4

I hate war because it kills innocent people, and that includes the soldiers who put their trust in the government. If I hated the soldiers, I'd support the kind of adventurism that McCain and Bush seem to advocate.
  15. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Just curious--is there a "just war"?
  16. Patters

Ratings:
    +141 / 1 / -4

No, there's no such thing as a just war, but sometimes war is necessary. Obviously, fighting Hitler was necessary, the Civil War was a necessary war, the Chinese War against Japan was necessary, etc. But, war is evil even if it's necessary.
  17. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

But war garners profit! Surely, disaster capitalism isn't "evil."... Erm... is it?
  18. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

I know you like to use the word "strawman" argument as a sign of intelligence, but for the sake of the those that actually DO know what it means in the context of something, please refrain from using unless it's in the correct context of the discussion.

How is stating my opinion, taken from past observations of the posting patterns of some progressives types here, taking a "strawman" position. I'm not misrepresenting anything. From MY OBSERVATION, I believe most liberals have a deep distain for the military institution. Not Democrats per say, because I don't believe they do at the core, but harder liberal/progressive types, I do feel that way about it, and it comes honestly, nothing strawman about that.

Go ahead and say that's wrong, and tell me why you think so, but to accuse me a misrepresenting patters position, and I believe that I'm somewhat justified in feeing that way (see below). He does good job articulating his own argument and I respect him for that, but your jumping in (with no counter-argument of your own) to throw out the "strawman" rhetoric is both disingenuous and inaccurate. Then again inaccuracies are a part of your MO, and it's been proven (do you need the links again?).

The very definition of "douche-baggary in action". :rolleyes:

p.s. You have gotten worse at this, what a shame. Reel in the hate a touch and you'll perhaps regain a little "magic", but for now, it's just not working for you. Just trying to help ;)

Who likes war? That's not what I said. I said most liberals/progressives hate the military. That doesn't always always mean "individual soldiers" per say, but the military institution, which begins with the CinC and all those people the Pentagon. I think that even your statement above shows a "somewhat masked" distain for the government, which by definition extends to it defensive arm (the Military). If that one doesn't, than THIS ONE surely does. Our military is an extension of the government, and if you have distain for the fact that the government is using its discretionary power to use it's military in a specific way (i.e. Iraq, WoT), then it stands to reason you have some distain for some aspects of the military (which includes the soldiers that fight for it and their leadership).

You can disagree, but look at many of the more "progressive" posters on here, they will much quicker show a picture of a dead iraqi child, or a link to some "atrocity" committed by the troops (real or imagined), then they are of some specific aspect of Military suffering. It sure seems that way. That leaves some to think that they really do not care too deeply about individual soldiers (or their hardships), unless it fits their agenda. I.e. I'm against the war cuz it kills all these soldier (...... who volunteered to join a military that they knew would perhaps lead to them being put into harms way).

Look no futher that HERE, to find what a very visible "progressive" outfit feels about the military. Like the war/hate the war, there is no disputing Petraeus is not only a Patriot, but also the most effective military leader we've seen in awhile, and that ad show a complete contempt for a, by all accounts, effective military ground commander.

That's where my "strawman" statement comes from :rolleyes:
    Last edited: May 30, 2008
  19. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

How the fu(k are soldiers INNOCENT participants in war? WTF are you talking about? Soldiers join the military perfectly willing to kill other people. I lost my "innocence" when I joined the military. At that point I agreed that I would possibly participate in the slaughter of innocent people. Have never been innocent since, even though it never came to that..
    Last edited: May 30, 2008
  20. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Haven't you heard? The military is made up solely of poor white trash kids and minorities who join because they have no other chance to learn anything or get a job. Since they're only joining up because of that, and they're pawns in the evil republican war machine, they're just as innocent as any civilian who might be in the way of a stray bullet.

Hey--I'm getting pretty good at this stuff. Maybe I'll start posting as a moonbat for a while. That could be fun...let's see...

George W. Bush is a nazi. His father was a nazi, and his grandfather was a nazi. Dick Cheney is a soulless petrobot. Bush steered Katrina into the poor black people in New Orleans and then had a cook out while they drowned.

God I need a drink.