PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Comcast ON Demand: 1994 Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.

brdmaverick

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
a half hour segment on the 1994 Patriots is currently on demand for all digital cable comcast subscribers

check it out

in one scene they show Troy Brown in a #86 uniform, it doesn't look right on him

Do they show Drew Bledsoe going back and slinging 70 passes against the Vikings, while completing 50 of them?

I swear, that might be a record that doesn't get broken for many many years. It would have to happen with a team that's far behind in the game, and it's toughest to throw when the other team has 6 guys in the secondary. That was an incredibly impressive feat by a young Drew Bledsoe.

Whatever happened to that guy?

Drew would have to have had a Payton Manning type supporting cast to be as successful as Brady.

Do they show Drew Bledsoe going back and slinging 70 passes against the Vikings, while completing 50 of them?

I swear, that might be a record that doesn't get broken for many many years. It would have to happen with a team that's far behind in the game, and it's toughest to throw when the other team has 6 guys in the secondary. That was an incredibly impressive feat by a young Drew Bledsoe.

NFL Defenses got too fast. I think if Bledsoe's career started 10 years earlier he'd be talked about as an all-time great instead of as one of the almost-great's.

Bledsoe in 1994 was a decisive thrower. He rarely held the ball too long and if he did, he had a very underrated pass-blocking OL allowing him to do so anyway (Armstrong was a stud LT and Harlow was actually great that year at RT). The problem was that as decisive as he was, those decisions weren't always the best as his 27 INTs (and 3 in the playoff loss) can attest. Bledsoe needed to cut down on his picks. Ideally, this would have meant learning how to process information faster yet still maintain the decisiveness so he still gets rid of the ball as quickly. Instead, Bledsoe became less decisive and started holding the ball too long.

I liked the 1994 Bledsoe. He played with confidence and threw with authority, even if those throws were ill-fated. The only other time I saw him play with such authority was from mid-1998 (Miami MNF) through early 1999. The rest of the time he's been gun-shy, mostly against the better teams.

Regards,
Chris

Bledsoe in 1994 was a decisive thrower. He rarely held the ball too long and if he did, he had a very underrated pass-blocking OL allowing him to do so anyway (Armstrong was a stud LT and Harlow was actually great that year at RT). The problem was that as decisive as he was, those decisions weren't always the best as his 27 INTs (and 3 in the playoff loss) can attest. Bledsoe needed to cut down on his picks. Ideally, this would have meant learning how to process information faster yet still maintain the decisiveness so he still gets rid of the ball as quickly. Instead, Bledsoe became less decisive and started holding the ball too long.

I liked the 1994 Bledsoe. He played with confidence and threw with authority, even if those throws were ill-fated. The only other time I saw him play with such authority was from mid-1998 (Miami MNF) through early 1999. The rest of the time he's been gun-shy, mostly against the better teams.

Regards,
Chris

Bledsoe also had Coates in his prime that year -- Ben caught a career-high 96 passes. It seemed all Coates had to do was go a few yards downfield, turn around and catch the ball with his back shielding the defender. He was always there for Drew.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back