Welcome to PatsFans.com

Comcast Now Offering NFL Red Zone in MA on ch 287

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by BigMike, Sep 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigMike

BigMike PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Just got a VM from Comcast saying they have added NFL Red Zone on channel 287. Anyone else get this message? Cool...cant wait to see it this weekend.
  2. Dfresh429

Dfresh429 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The ****ty thing is you need to have the Sports Entertainment Package as part of your cable plan to get the channel.

I have digital Preferred (nfl network) and I don't get this channel.
  3. Obnoxio

Obnoxio Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I have Comcast in Quincy but don't get the NFL network or Red Zone. It costs an extra $10 / month.
  4. khayos

khayos Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

$8 a month for me. I got it on gameday. For $2 a Sunday when your team isn't playing, its the best damn thing ever.
  5. jemmer

jemmer Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

But, the ads by the NFL claim the RedZone is offered in HD, but Comcast is only offering it in standard definition.

Football in standard definition isn't worth watching anymore. ;)
  6. italia44

italia44 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

yea,I got the voice message in chelsea..........I've got the HD pkg including the NFLN.
  7. mcsully

mcsully Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 3 / -0

I watched it last week at my parents house (they have direct TV).. And its awesome.. Just non stop updates and live footage..
  8. patriots pam

patriots pam Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Great news for those able to get Comcast. Stupid Brighthouse never offers the good stuff...no NFLN, now no Redzone Channel. :mad:

Hmmm...although, my mom gets Comcast, come to think of it. Maybe I'll start going to her house on Sundays during football season. Of course, she hates sports, and I'll have to wrestle the remote away from her to change it from that All CSI All Law and Order All Frikkin Day channel that she watches, but whatevs....I love you mom, buy you're going DOWN in this fight! :D
  9. Gwedd

Gwedd PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +116 / 0 / -1

#61 Jersey

Not really. Comcast offers it, but only in selected areas. Maine, apparently, ISN'T a selected area. In fact, what REALLY torques me, is that I pay the same amount for Comcast as someone in Boston, but I can't get digital phone service through them, or any of the "on demand" stuff either. Folks in Boston can get all that plus high-speed internet for what I pay for Digital/HD.

I love Maine, but it's turned into a 3rd world area technology and standards-wise. That's why I'm headed to Texas next summer. :cool:
  10. patriots pam

patriots pam Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Aaah, I see. Well since I'm in Florida, maybe I won't have to throw down with my mom after all! Yay!

That really is a rip for you, though. I'm sure you know this, but just make sure you move to the right part of Texas. Some parts out there make even the smallest Maine village look like NYC. :eek: And then there's that whole Dry County thing. Yikes!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.