PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2016 COMBINED: Pats Roster Transactions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, it's not applicable right now. I think he was just forecasting his opinion.
Of course. The "flu" story is that BB fakes injuries to retain players on IR. It is an allegation of unethical behavior to skirt the rules. Funny how we decry the lack of evidence for a similar allegation in deflategate, but some will glibly assume it with the "Foxboro flu". So far we have a player who missed practice.

Yeah I'm not really sure. Reserve means after 6 weeks he can practice. Just like Lewis. There's still a chance he can play, perhaps slim, but still a chance.
Sure but I want to know what Schefter knows.

Sure but I want to know what Schefter knows.

Not much probably. He was jumping the gun as they usually do.
In any case they were never putting him on IR now since he was PUP eligible. As I understand (and Miguel has wrote about it recently) you can put someone on IR only after the 53 cut if you want him to return (no designation needed anymore). So why not have him on PUP for 6-11 weeks and see how it plays out. They can still put him on IR later on. Like PFK wrote, if he is needed and can contribute he can probably play through pain some games towards the end of the season. So why throw this away? - per reports he is suffering hip and ankle injuries so nothing outright season ending.

Last edited:
Not much probably. He was jumping the gun as they usually do.
In any case they were never putting him on IR now since he was PUP eligible. As I understand (and Miguel has wrote about it recently) you can put someone on IR only after the 53 cut if you want him to return (no designation needed anymore). So why not have him on PUP for 6-11 weeks and see how it plays out. They can still put him on IR later on. Like PFK wrote, if he is needed and can contribute he can probably play through pain some games towards the end of the season. So why throw this away? - per reports he is suffering hip and ankle injuries so nothing outright season ending.
Agree. Thats the thoughtful approach.

So, Humber, Scheu and Milton are the final cuts until Saturday. My binkie, Devin Lucien, is hanging in there.

Belichick has lost his touch, I think. Usually he sends the Turk to hunt down my binkie well before the cut down to 75. Good luck, binkie.

So, Humber, Scheu and Milton are the final cuts until Saturday. My binkie, Devin Lucien, is hanging in there.

Belichick has lost his touch, I think. Usually he sends the Turk to hunt down my binkie well before the cut down to 75. Good luck, binkie.

The Pats have kept all the extra receivers except Washington. This is because of the injuries that have kept Edelman, Amendola, and Martin from being full participants in training camp..

The Pats have kept all the extra receivers except Washington. This is because of the injuries that have kept Edelman, Amendola, and Martin from being full participants in training camp..

Oh, thanks.

I thought it was because I'm sitting in my closet with my fingers and legs crossed saying,
"Please don't cut my binkie. Please don't cut my binkie. Please don't cut my binkie. Please don't cut my binkie. Please don't cut my binkie. Please don't cut my binkie. Please don't cut my binkie....."

Oh, thanks.

I thought it was because I'm sitting in my closet with my fingers and legs crossed saying,
"Please don't cut my binkie. Please don't cut my binkie. Please don't cut my binkie. Please don't cut my binkie. Please don't cut my binkie. Please don't cut my binkie. Please don't cut my binkie....."

upload_2016-8-31_12-46-37.png

The "Foxborough Flu" strikes again
Trading Leblanc makes no sense (unless he is a problem in the locker room) since few people know how good he is and you would get very little in exchange. You do not want to trade young players with a lot of potential; you want to trade the superannuated vets who have a great reputation. That being said, teams are desperate for CBs so who knows.

He is probably headed to PUP.

If he has the phony flu, then I have to suspect that they are trying to devalue him and slip him through waivers and on to the Practice Squad.

Rex wants the Pats D signals for that first meeting.......Humber really needed by Bills?

Oh, thanks.

I still have hope for Roy Finch making the team.. :D

Rex wants the Pats D signals for that first meeting.......Humber really needed by Bills?

Well, they lost Shaq Lawson, Ragland and Enempkali with Manny Lawson uncertain for start of the season - on LB positions Rex was bragging on to tear apart NE offense.

Humber had very solid TC at LB & ST. BB knew Bill's needs and still let him go just like that (he should easily kept him on 75 and tried for compensation). A bit strange but in the line of letting vets go find a job.

And even if Rex gets into BB's head he could get lost ...
Here some people who tried hard to be funny about it:

Trading Leblanc makes no sense (unless he is a problem in the locker room) since few people know how good he is and you would get very little in exchange. You do not want to trade young players with a lot of potential; you want to trade the superannuated vets who have a great reputation. That being said, teams are desperate for CBs so who knows.

He is probably headed to PUP.

If he has the phony flu, then I have to suspect that they are trying to devalue him and slip him through waivers and on to the Practice Squad.

Congrats on working superannuated into a post. Impressive word score

good understanding and use of superannuated.

bad understanding and use of PUP.

good understanding and use of superannuated.

bad understanding and use of PUP.
I will admit that I don't follow such stuff too carefully. So why no PUP for Leblanc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes