PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Combine WR/QBs

SalemPats

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Anyone stand out today. I was impressed by Brown and Cook. Watkins is a beast, it will be interesting if he goes top 5 despite the height. I liked Odell. I've always like Mike Evans, i wonder if it might be worth it to trade up for him

Anyone stand out today. I was impressed by Brown and Cook. Watkins is a beast, it will be interesting if he goes top 5 despite the height. I liked Odell. I've always like Mike Evans, i wonder if it might be worth it to trade up for him

After last year I can't see them trading up or even going WR early unless someone like Evans really falls down the board.

It depends how they feel internally about the rookies from last year. Were their attitudes good ? Did they know the playbook ? Are they ready to step up ?

If they think Dobson will be a legit starter next year and Boyce will have a second year bump like Vereen (I know, different position) after a redshirt year then we're good. If Boyce looks more like Taylor Price internally and Dobson is what he is we'll be dipping into this group.

Personally I'm feeling good about Dobson and Boyce, not so sure about Thompkins.

This is maybe the best WR draft prospect since the Julio, AJ draft. Watkins and Evans look like studs, I think both will be top 15.

I like Dobson, but i have Watkins, Evans and Odell ahead and if they're available we have to take them. If a guy like Mathews or Cook is available in round 2 i think BB might draft them. I like the florida kid as well. This is a great class

Watkins could go as high as #2.

Logan Thomas - Athletic beast! Want.

Michael Campanaro - potential lock if we don't resign Edelman. Put up Edelman-esque numbers.

Odell Beckham Jr - Could he be BB's first ever first round WR? Great fit.

Donte Moncrief - Legit #1 receiver numbers. Potential for good value pick

Jeff Janis - Checks all the testing boxes. I will need to visit his tape.

Damian Copeland - Don't know much about him.

WR looks mega deep this year, I have other needs rated higher but if they can't bring in a suitable veteran (maybe Hicks, Maclin, etc.) then there is plenty of day 3 options.

Mike Evans impressed the hell out of me.

Everyone linking him to Vincent Jackson, but I think he can be much better then that.

Cooks and Beckham are legit first round options for me.

Mike Evans really impressed me too.

Have no interest what so ever in Benjamin.

Marquice Lee could be an option if he falls.

Like Moncrief a little later in the draft.

I think Dobson ceiling is as a big bodied possession receiver. He doesn't really get huge separation. Boyce has shown little as yet, and Thompkins really dropped off. Wouldn't be surprised if one of those two didn't even make the roster.

I think there is an opening for a playmaker on offense, and Beckham/Cooks have shown playmaking ability and the versatility to play inside and out. Now just need to see how they measure up on the chalk board.

I think Dobson ceiling is as a big bodied possession receiver. He doesn't really get huge separation. Boyce has shown little as yet, and Thompkins really dropped off. Wouldn't be surprised if one of those two didn't even make the roster.

Fully agreed, I think Thompkins winds up being cut. I'd like to add a vet, maybe Sidney Rice, and a rookie like Jeff Janis. Word on the street is that Janis has the potential to be the next Wes Welker :D

Fully agreed, I think Thompkins winds up being cut. I'd like to add a vet, maybe Sidney Rice, and a rookie like Jeff Janis. Word on the street is that Janis has the potential to be the next Wes Welker :D

Since when have Wes been 6.3?

Cooks and Beckham are legit first round options for me.

Mike Evans really impressed me too.

Have no interest what so ever in Benjamin.

Marquice Lee could be an option if he falls.

Like Moncrief a little later in the draft.

I think there is an opening for a playmaker on offense, and Beckham/Cooks have shown playmaking ability and the versatility to play inside and out. Now just need to see how they measure up on the chalk board.

I really doubt Lee will fall that far and I really doubt that Thompkins or Boyce will get cut

I would be shocked if Thompkins gets cut (but I have been shocked before). The Patriots must have him signed to a very frugal contract, and you know how much they love that. Thompkins was not very productive last season, but I suspect he was injured. Unless Thompkins does something stupid off the field or skips off the offseason workouts, he stays.

After last year I can't see them trading up or even going WR early unless someone like Evans really falls down the board.

i truely think if we can get a TE to go with Gronk then it will open up some space for our young WRs. Last year we had no, none, zero production from our TE and every defense knew it...so they were able to suffocate our WRs. Get a TE and a healthy Gronk, and we are fine at WR but we could take one later in the draft (Hazel)

I really like Allen Robinson from Penn State also. I think he'd be a great fit for us.

Mike Evans would scare me a lot.

Physically he is unbelievable. Big and fast. He also has great hands. Love the way he plucks that ball.

But when he was running routes around the cones, he was rounding everything off and looked very stiff. He looked like the fastest TE ever, but had the same stiffness too. A couple times he actually stumbled because of the quick change in direction he had to make.

He could be a fast Boldin type who uses his body like a TE to shield the defender from the ball, but I'm not sure this kid can ever get separation in a route. He could really bust if taken high.

I really like Allen Robinson from Penn State also. I think he'd be a great fit for us.

He is also very likely to be gone by the time we pick in the second round. A lot of teams that pass on a WR in the 1st will want to grab Robinson in the second round

Allen is a body catcher, he’s also likely to go early in the 2nd and I’d much rather get a O-lineman in that area assuming we go D-line earlier on. All joking aside, I’d much prefer Jeff Janis, later on. He has the speed to work the deeper parts of the field and is big enough to box out DBs who are likely to be smaller than him.

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back