PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Combine Talk: Linebackers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Small school, weak conference, and no hype = undrafted? The game film might also have been lacklustr, I don't know, I wasn't in the war room.

I thought Clay Matthews improved his stock some with his combine. I'd even dare to say he's ahead of Cushing IMO. He's bigger and more fluid from what I saw. He simply looks the part.

Stanley Arnoux 10' 1" broad jump.

Stanley Arnoux would be a classic Patriots pick. A player who is overshadowed by another great player (Curry) and just doesn't get the same attention from scouts. The way it's playing out is a lot like Guyton last year. He had the top 40 time, but everyone was paying attention to Philip Wheeler instead.

I'm guessing "slacking off at work" doesn't quite cut it compared to the previous explanations.

Personally, I'm self-employed and totally short-shrifting myself.

There were a lot of people here who were disappointed that Rey Maualuga was not coming out last year. Now I see a lot of people who want nothing to do with him (for the pats). Did something change over the last year, or just more film come out and expose his weaknesses? Thanks.

There were a lot of people here who were disappointed that Rey Maualuga was not coming out last year. Now I see a lot of people who want nothing to do with him (for the pats). Did something change over the last year, or just more film come out and expose his weaknesses? Thanks.

Same could be said of Laurainatis. I for one have both just a notch below Aaron Curry. That notch got a little widder after yesterday lol but still have them both in the mid 1st range.

Not for me, he is what I thought he was two years ago - a 4-3 MLB and a poor fit for NE.

Same could be said of Laurainatis. I for one have both just a notch below Aaron Curry. That notch got a little widder after yesterday lol but still have them both in the mid 1st range.

I don't remember a lot of people liking Laurainatis last year (except to push down another LB), but I remember people being enamored with Rey. I'm intrigued with the possibility of him falling to the pats at 23, but I know less about converting LBs b/t a 4-3 to 3-4 than some people here have forgotten.

I just got promoted to the main NE territory guy for my company, so I have a ton of leeway. I now work from my condo most days I'm not on the road, I'm 23, single and without kids, so obligations from the homestead are fairly minimal. I'm lucky enough to work for a company that only cares about results, and as long as I continue to do 150% of my commit, I should be able to continue my shenanigans.

Did anyone tell you how much we all hate you? ;)

Just to add - how in the name of God did he go undrafted??

The same way that Wes Welker went undrafted and Tom Brady lasted until #199 (remember, Brady had just set a record for completions in the Orange Bowl, and Welker was one of the most productive players in the NCAA his last year).

The same way that Wes Welker went undrafted and Tom Brady lasted until #199 (remember, Brady had just set a record for completions in the Orange Bowl, and Welker was one of the most productive players in the NCAA his last year).

The interesting thing about Guyton is that he's the opposite of those two. They were productive on the field, but passed over because of their measurables and physiques. Guyton had the body but not the production. Just goes to show you that there's no magic formula.

(Probably the biggest problem for Guyton was just that he spent so much time out of position at OLB.)

The interesting thing about Guyton is that he's the opposite of those two. They were productive on the field, but passed over because of their measurables and physiques. Guyton had the body but not the production. Just goes to show you that there's no magic formula.

(Probably the biggest problem for Guyton was just that he spent so much time out of position at OLB.)
I liked the fact that his coach was using him to "plug-in" wherever there was a need. That certainly affected how he was perceived, happily for NE.

Before we all fit his bust for Canton, let's see how GG (& his opponents) adjust for Season 2. I still don't see him being much more than Mayo's caddy at WILB and - I hope - Anabolic Izzo's immediate replacement.

the knock on guyton at draft time was poor analytic skills...........that he completely lacked awareness

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes