Status
Not open for further replies.

patchick

Moderatrix
Staff member
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
getting ready for Monday!

Let mebe thefirst to predict an upset. The Pats will use one of their seconds to draft Ron Brace, as a reserve NT. Their top three picks wil be two LBs and a NT. It will be the third round before they pick any DBs.

I can hear the moaning, groaning and gnashing of teeth already.

I'm on record for being as morose as possible after reading English's weight. Really thought he was the type of guy who could play any of the four linebacker spots in this defense. This is why I stick to evaluating schemes and not the draft.

Last edited:
Let mebe thefirst to predict an upset. The Pats will use one of their seconds to draft Ron Brace, as a reserve NT. Their top three picks wil be two LBs and a NT. It will be the third round before they pick any DBs.

I can hear the moaning, groaning and gnashing of teeth already.

I think the Pats go with a defensive lineman, a DB and a linebacker or OT with the first three. I don't see two LBs being taken unless someone very good falls in the second. Brace I'd love to see as a Patriot though, but I think he might be able to be had in the third, since I think he won't have a good combine. I really hope we trade Cassel now and get an early pick to spend on an OT, so we can do something like Jason Smith/Eugene Monroe at 3, Sintim/Vontae Davis at 23, Barwin/Darius Butler at 47, Moore/Gilbert/Cody Brown at 58 and Brace in the third.

I'm on record for being as morose as possible after reading English's weight. Really thought he was the type of guy who could play any of the four linebacker spots in this defense. This is why I stick to evaluating schemes and not the draft.
I'm also bummed, I just hope for his sake he's been working hard to be considered solely as a 4-3 edge rusher...and hasn't taken up my bad habits. :(

Terrance Knighton had a u5.18, not bad for a potential NT.

I think the Pats go with a defensive lineman, a DB and a linebacker or OT with the first three. I don't see two LBs being taken unless someone very good falls in the second. Brace I'd love to see as a Patriot though, but I think he might be able to be had in the third, since I think he won't have a good combine. I really hope we trade Cassel now and get an early pick to spend on an OT, so we can do something like Jason Smith/Eugene Monroe at 3, Sintim/Vontae Davis at 23, Barwin/Darius Butler at 47, Moore/Gilbert/Cody Brown at 58 and Brace in the third.

I would currently go with something like DB (Sean Smith/Alphonso Smith/DJ Moore/Louis Delmas/Patrick Chung/William Moore), LB (Connor Barwin/Clint Sintim) and DE (Jarron Gilbert). If we get another pick for Cassel we could go anywhere with it: OL, DT, more DB/LB, or WR.

I think 23 is way too high for Sintim, and I don't want Vontae Davis. I want Davis to light up the combine so someone picks him in the top 15, but he's not a Pats-type player.

English and Maybin put out a 40 time with a .01 second difference with a 4.77 and a 4.78, respectively. English outweighing Maybin by 30lbs.

Last edited:
Jarron Gilbert u4.81

Sammie Hill u5.11

Tyson Jackson u4.91

Khalif Mitchell 5.10

B.J. Raji u5.13

Zach Potter u4.97

BJ Raji 5.13. Not bad for a 337 lb. guy. Boy does he have a big but.

5.11 is great for 329# Sammie Lee Hill. 4.81 for 288# Jarren Gilbert is prety awesome too.

These guys look better than the RBs. :(

Dorell Scott u5.07

4.58 for Lawrence Sidbury = $$

Ron Brace vertical....28" at 330, not too shabby.

Michael Johnson - 6'7", 266#, 4.67/4.69. Workout warrior.

Michael Johnson - 6'7", 266#, 4.67/4.69. Workout warrior.

Mayock is ripping into him. The tape is right on, soft, soft, soft! Just like Gholston, looks like Tarzan but plays like Jane. Lovely.

Pannel Egboh vertical...31.5"

Jarron Gilbert vertical...35.5"

Anybody doubting now that Gilbert is a 1st-round pick?

Zach Potter u4.92

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back