PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Combine Talk: Defensive Backs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Patrick Chung a 4.47. Impressive. He's giving Delmas a run as best looking DB so far.

Chris Clemons u4.41/4.40

Emanual Cook is rated a selfish "me" player by a South Carolina watching friend.

Vontae Davis - 4.43 again.

I think times overall have been slower (aka more accurate) because of the electronic measuring.

My guy, Darius Butler, with a 4.49 to go with his earlier 4.45.

Yesterday the NFL network guys said it's not totally electronic because the runner is allowed to trigger the start. As soon as he springs forward, a human hand triggers the electronic measuring device. It's only electronic at the very end.

Anyone who believes any of the receivers actually ran a 4.3X 40 yesterday is probably looking to buy swampland in Florida also.

Delmas 4.49. He looks like a SS. I like him.

Bradley Fletcher 4.47/4.50

Yesterday the NFL network guys said it's not totally electronic because the runner is allowed to trigger the start. As soon as he springs forward, a human hand triggers the electronic measuring device. It's only electronic at the very end.

Anyone who believes any of the receivers actually ran a 4.3X 40 yesterday is probably looking to buy swampland in Florida also.

Yeah, I thought about mentioning that as well, because it could account for both some added time and the large variance in times we've seen. A lot of guys have been getting additional 40 runs because of how different their times have been from run to run, and that probably plays into it.

Agreed. I think I have a new binky.

Yep, I'm coming around too. Already liked his style of play, but he looks like a more powerful athlete than I expected.

Coye Francies - 4.56

Courtney Greene u4.47

William Moore - 37" vertical. That should help him a bit.

Michael Hamlin u4.60/4.63

Macho Harris at 4.68, yikes. I can't see how so many mock sites have given this guy to the Patriots. He doesn't fit the mold at all.

Macho Harris at 4.68, yikes. I can't see how so many mock sites have given this guy to the Patriots. He doesn't fit the mold at all.

Never thought he fit the mold, and couldn't figure out why so many people gave him to us. Strictly a cover-2 guy.

Hodge 8 sacks as a Jr....u4.57

Hodge from TCU - 4.57.

Christopher Owen 34.5" vert

William Moore - 37" vertical. That should help him a bit.

He's a favorite of mine that's gotten something of a bad rap lately. He's very athletic, and he was very good in pass coverage before last season. The thing is, Missouri was using him in the box all the time, almost like another linebacker, and he had bulked up to over 230 in response. At 215-220, he'd be an excellent SS type that would offer coverage skills as well. Hopefully he tests out well today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back