PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Combine Talk: Defensive Backs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rashad Johnson running a 4.54

Rashad Johnson - 4.54. Weighed in the same as Delmas, but Delmas looks much more powerful.

Jenkins is a Safety.

Glad to see someone agree with me on that. I've said for a while he's probably a free safety who can slide down and cover a wide receiver in a nickel set.

What do you guys think about Jenkins at free? Safety, combined with Davis' anticipated skyrocket, combined with a sure tackle run, might push him down to within our striking distance. I think with him and Meriweather, our safeties would be undersized and weak vs the run, but very quick. Thoughts?

Would rather have Delmas at this point. Better complement to Meriweather.

Agreed. I think I have a new binky.

I want to see some guys named Smith and Moore before officially declaring Delmas by new binky, but he looks awfully good. He just looks the part.

Kevin Akins u4.83

Asher Allen u4.4.47/4.58

I have to say, DHB's 4.30 looks pretty amazing after watching the CBs. I think this is a fairly slow track, too.

I want to see some guys named Smith and Moore before officially declaring Delmas by new binky, but he looks awfully good. He just looks the part.

Plus, he seemed really bright in his post-interview...well..interview. He seems to get it. If Alphonso Smith looks good in the drills and the same holds for Delmas, I'll be torn between the two at 23.

Kevin Barnes u4.46/4.54

David Bruton u4.43/4.42

Joe Burnett u4.49/4.54

Another thing to think about when watching these times is how slow a new field turf field is. That used to be in our pre-game notes going into games on new field turf. We'd get equiped with long spikes and really tape the ankles up when we played on it. It's slower than soft grass before the rubber settles after a few years.

Darius Butler u4.45/4.49

I have to say, DHB's 4.30 looks pretty amazing after watching the CBs. I think this is a fairly slow track, too.

I think times overall have been slower (aka more accurate) because of the electronic measuring.

My guy, Darius Butler, with a 4.49 to go with his earlier 4.45.

Don Cary u4.48/4.49 he looked good in his All-Star game.

Chung with a 4.47. He really looks like a SS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back