PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Combine observations, stats, and discussion (DB)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vernon Gholston is going to kick your ass for saying this!

He has to find me first. Basically, if I just carry a football around with me all day, that'll never happen.

Yep. So let's paint a portrait of Quinton Carter, and draft Jermale Hines.

Personally, I'd be inclined to let you take care of the first part. Or, y'know, sculpt, if you'd rather.

He has to find me first. Basically, if I just carry a football around with me all day, that'll never happen.

Hey, we need to watch the VG jokes. The best play of his career was against the Pats.

(It was a 3 yard TFL) :lol2:

The Culliver kid isn't too bad either.

Chris Culliver looked HORRIBLE to me on tape all year while watching Cliff Matthews.

I agree with Ahmad Black though - great kid, great player.

Chris Culliver looked HORRIBLE to me on tape all year while watching Cliff Matthews.

I agree with Ahmad Black though - great kid, great player.
I can't speak to his season, I just thought he moved okay in the drills.

I can't speak to his season, I just thought he moved okay in the drills.

He was so bad in one of the drills they put the camera on Jack Del Rio and he was shaking his head and wrote something down. I have seen him play a lot for Florida and I think hes a good player though. His forty time was horrible though at 4.71. Hes also undersized and not fast. Not a good combination. His instincts better be unreal if he wants to play in NFL.

He was so bad in one of the drills they put the camera on Jack Del Rio and he was shaking his head and wrote something down. I have seen him play a lot for Florida and I think hes a good player though. His forty time was horrible though at 4.71. Hes also undersized and not fast. Not a good combination. His instincts better be unreal if he wants to play in NFL.
Um, the kid I was thinking of played for South Carolina, and Jack Del Rio shaking his head is in answer to the ringing in his ears.

Basically, optimally functional muscle mass is not necessarily picturesque, and picturesque muscle mass is not necessarily optimally functional.

You can say that again. :p

Basically, optimally functional muscle mass is not necessarily picturesque, and picturesque muscle mass is not necessarily optimally functional.

Vernon Gholston is going to kick your ass for saying this!

He has to find me first.

Basically, if I just carry a football around with me all day, that'll never happen.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

641.gif

Marcus Gilchrist was very solid at the combine. He would be a versatile player in the secondary as a CB or Safety.

Buster Skrine has extreme athletic ability. Despite playing with non existent competition I'd love to see the Pats mold him into a super star.

Rahim Moore is the best safety in the draft like most of us thought.

How did Richard Sherman look out there? Any idea how fast he ran? I see that he put up a 6.82 in the 3 cone with a 38 in vertical and a 10'05" long jump..

s

How did Richard Sherman look out there? Any idea how fast he ran? I see that he put up a 6.82 in the 3 cone with a 38 in vertical and a 10'05" long jump..

s

4.56 - pretty decent for an over-the-top coverage safety. I think he moved up from UDFA status to 6th round consideration after his Senior Bowl. His Combine numbers might move him up a bit further (though I don't know how he looked in Combine drills). He's been a binky of mine since the 2009 season, so I wouldn't mind spending a 4th on him.

s

Sherman looked raw and ragged in the drills, unfortunately. Not in control at all.

Sherman looked raw and ragged in the drills, unfortunately. Not in control at all.

He's a good athlete, smart kid, and leader type, but I'm not confident he's a good enough football player. IIRC, he flipped between WR and DB at Stanford and didn't really excel at either. He's a UDFA candidate to me.

Random thoughts watching the DB drills...

Brandon Harris has great body control, looks calm and in command...and tiny.

Ah the DBs; my fav. topic. I know that all you Big WR guys out there are snorting but CB is the most difficult position to fill (that and pass-rushing 3-4 DE).

Dear PatChique

You are absolutely right about Brandon Harris. He looks cat-quick but small. I was very impressed with him. Too bad he is not a slot receiver; would be perfect for the Patriots.

Buster looked good also.

Who the heck is Demarcus Van Dyke? 4.28? Sounds like Oakland's first pick ;^)

Last edited:
Who the heck is Demarcus Van Dyke? 4.28? Sounds like Oakland's first pick ;^)

Ah, Van Dyke! Forgot about him! Now there's an eye-catching prospect. 6'1", 168 lbs -- all of it limbs. Skinniest man I've ever seen play football. I seriously was afraid he'd snap in two. Yet he has survived 4 years as a Miami Hurricane. 7th-round project at best.

Joe Lefeged from Rutgers looking real fluid and explosive in the post-corner drill. 5'10 2 and change safety. Built like a tailback moves like a corner.

I've heard a lot of good things about Joe. I think the insane success of McCourty last year is clouding my judgment a bit here though and making me biased towards Rutgers DBs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down