Welcome to PatsFans.com

Colvin top notch against the run

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by PonyExpress, Aug 12, 2006.

1. PonyExpress

PonyExpress In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +25 / 3 / -0

Got my copy of Scientific Football 2006. wealth of info. could fill up many posts. Interesting notes on several Pats players.
    1) Strength of Colvin against the run. this may have had a good deal to do with playing on Seymour's side, but nevertheless Colvin was a top 5 LB in the NFL in this regard. My prediction is Colvin will be an all-pro in 2006.
    2) How awful Gorin is against at run blocking. Truly a disaster. If my memory serves bottom of the league. I only hope Britt or O Callaghan steals this job outright. Considering he was the strong side blocker, no wonder our running game sucked in '05.
    3) Deion very solid. top 15 receiver last year, with certain lesser lights ranked ahead of him, like Ernest Wilford, whom nobody right now would prefer. He benefits from playing with Brady, but the relationship is a two way street. absolutely tremendous, top- 5 caliber, at medium level routes on the passing tree. Considering he was top 5 in '04, this is no fluke. Get 'er done, as they say.
    4) Brady as decision maker top-tier, but inaccurate on long passes. The strength and minor weakness in Brady's game. Denver's victory over the PAts was truly a mile high miracle, as it was based on a poor decision by Tom. It makes the loss sting that much more. Brady is addressing his deep accuracy with OC this camp. Author says Brady is outright the best QB in the NFL. has that title "nailed down".

Many other interesting points. Don't have the book with me right now... details to come. Recommended reading- no I don't work for the author, just a curmudgeonly fan seeking to drink from the streams of football knowledge without having to get off my couch.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2006
  2. Remix 6

Remix 6 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

yea my prediction for under the radar players was Colvin haivng a breakout year

3. Remix 6

Remix 6 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

listen to this boys

Last edited: Aug 12, 2006
  4. 5 Rings for Brady!!

5 Rings for Brady!! In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I'll never forget watching Terrell Suggs, a LB, manhandle Gorin like he was on rollerskates for the entire Ravens-Pats mudbowl of 2004. Shivering now, just thinking about it. Never trusted Gorin since......

5. Box_O_Rocks

Box_O_Rocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

Well, Rosy needs to get back to form if he wants that Pro-Bowl bid, he didn't do as well in my breakdown.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2005
  6. jaychamp

jaychamp On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

It's been a long slow recovery for Colvin and he finally turned the corner last year. He's set to have a stand out year.

7. Willie55

Willie55 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Is this book the same one that tries to measure a WR's effectivness by their separation they get?