PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Colvin returning to Foxboro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully he has something left although I will admit that his being out of football all year is kind of damning. I really missed Colvin, he made a lot of big plays and we get very few of them on defense this year. He was a personal foul waiting to happen, though, hopefully he's done with that.

Colvin was one of my favorite guys on this team the past few years. I am really glad to have him back. If he's healthy and continues to be healthy, I'll take him back again next year, too.

A healthy Colvin + a healthy AD could very well make our defense strong enough to make us the best in the AFC. I know those are two big ifs, but whatever, let's go win the next 8 games.

Hopefully he has something left although I will admit that his being out of football all year is kind of damning. I really missed Colvin, he made a lot of big plays and we get very few of them on defense this year. He was a personal foul waiting to happen, though, hopefully he's done with that.

Was he on PUP with Houston or did he practice in the summer and training camps? If so, then at least he wasn't out of football for a year in that sense.

Was he on PUP with Houston or did he practice in the summer and training camps? If so, then at least he wasn't out of football for a year in that sense.
He was in camp, you're right that he hasn't been sitting at home for a year but the fact that no-one has signed him is suggestive, even for an optimist like him. Still, I remember what the old #59 was like (wonder what # he'll be now with Guyton having #59) and I'm choosing to hope Colvin can resemble that player.

Good,hope he still has some in the tank,always liked him.

That's troubling in terms of Pierre Woods availability. Pierre has been playing well, hopefully he didn't do anything more than split his lip, but I have to wonder if he didn't damage one or more teeth the way he hit Miller's shoulder pads.

Good luck Rosie, hopefully a year has been enough time to get your foot healed up and ready to play at a high level again.

too bad he cant help in the secondary

too bad he cant help in the secondary
If he can still rush the passer (I said "if", I don't know), then he certainly can help in the secondary.

Reiss says they have also been in contact with Victor Hobson. It feels like they may be about to put a LB on IR, Woods or Thomas.

the need some extra bodies at LB for the 2 games out west..........

one more loss, and its put in all the rookies......no, wait.....they're already in there

That's good news. If this team didn't sign Ty Law when it looks like they could have, you know that they wouldn't sign Rosey unless they KNEW he had enough left to make an impact.

Reiss says they have also been in contact with Victor Hobson. It feels like they may be about to put a LB on IR, Woods or Thomas.
to bad they dint sign him before we could of used against the jets and colts

The biggest question is what number will he wear? :)

I wonder if he plays on sunday? He's been in the system before so it's not like he'd be coming to a new team.

Should have done this a few weeks ago when AD went down.

Also I kinda wish this was a 2 year deal. Now if he plays well thru 4 games will have to bid for his services after he proved he still has something instead of signing him now to the deal.

likely thats how he wanted it is that provides him a perfect tryout for next year. 4 games in a system he knows well will show what he has left. A good 4 games likely would mean one last decent contract for him.

Last edited:
i wouldnt be suprised if he starts. im glad hes back. if we can get Thomas back soon, we would have a pretty formidable pass rush i think

Welcome back Rosie. Hopefully, part of the reason why he didn't make a team in September was that he wasn't completely healed and he is now. I think that even if he has lost a step, his knowledge of the system and smarts should make him at least a decent addition to the line up.

i wouldnt be suprised if he starts. im glad hes back. if we can get Thomas back soon, we would have a pretty formidable pass rush i think

If woods isn't dressed than he likely gets the 3-4 start but we would probably also have to use some 4-3 as Colvin can't be ready for full game action and in 4-3 your LBs would be Vrabes, Mayo, and Bru/Guyton.

That's troubling in terms of Pierre Woods availability. Pierre has been playing well, hopefully he didn't do anything more than split his lip, but I have to wonder if he didn't damage one or more teeth the way he hit Miller's shoulder pads.

Good luck Rosie, hopefully a year has been enough time to get your foot healed up and ready to play at a high level again.

Woods haven't been playing that well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye