PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Colvin and Hobbs respond to Crayton

Status
Not open for further replies.

BadMoFo

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Ellis Hobbs and Rosey Colvin have a response, mature ones at that.

October 17, 2007
Pats response
By Mike Reiss, Globe Staff
FOXBOROUGH -- A few Patriots defenders were asked about comments made by Cowboys receiver Patrick Crayton this week, as Crayton said the New England defense was "not the real deal".

"Next question," cornerback Ellis Hobbs said, before changing his mind and deciding to answer.

"Same story, man. We've heard it before. Whatever. That's why we have 60 minutes. You have 60 minutes to prove what you got out there, and bottom line, we won the game. We're worried about Week 7. It's over with. All the hype and all the hoopla, but like I said, at the end of the day you have to play the game between the white lines. The results are in, let's move on."

Outside linebacker Rosevelt Colvin also was asked about Crayton's comments.

"Everybody is entitled to their opinion. What was important to us was getting the win," Colvin said. "They could have scored 100, but as long as Tom [Brady] scored 101, we won. That game is last week. We don't play the Cowboys again. Move on."

Now that's how you're supposed to talk.

Somehow I read the subject line as "Calvin and Hobbes..."

Nice to see the guys take the high road. As usual. Pats are good at the "Speak softly and carry a big stick" approach to diplomacy. :)

I like how Rosey said "We don't play the Cowboys again" .. He didn't take the bait as to say, yes we will be in the bowl..

I like how Rosey said "We don't play the Cowboys again" .. He didn't take the bait as to say, yes we will be in the bowl..
Yeah that was funny.

As usual, our guys are worried about Week 7 in week 7 whereas the other guys are worried about Week 6 and Week 20 in week 7.

Last edited:
"We've heard it before" -Ellis Hobbs.

10 characters.

I noticed that too,but I took it as a subtle jab, that the Cow's aren't going to make it to the SB.

Last edited:
"The results are in, let's move on." -Ellis Hobbs

For a guy said to be susceptible to leave, he sounds on board to me.

Nice to see the guys take the high road. As usual. Pats are good at the "Speak softly and carry a big stick" approach to diplomacy. :)

And apparently they're not too shabby with that "scorched earth" stuff, either. ;)

I noticed that too,but I took it as a subtle jab, that the Cow's aren't going to make it to the SB.

Nothing subtle about it. No Dallas games on the schedule. Last one was what, 10+ years ago?

Beyond that, there is even less subtlety. To play again means SB. If Dallas thinks they have a chance, the statement is a punch in the face. And one any Dallas player should simply accept TKO to. emphasis on the KO, not TO.

I was a little worried by the thread title, then I read what they said. Great. Move on, don't sweat the past.

Yes...they were understandably upset by Crayton's comments.

1601992565_e10c501396.jpg

Haha...same here! That would be funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back