PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Colvin action this week?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Restructuring by extending him is a double edge sword. He has been hurt 2/4 years he has been here. Note that both times he was injured we made the super bowl! On a good year, if he plays a full season he is worth $6M/yr. He will cost us $2.5M just to cut him. By my math he is worth about $3M/yr, I would offer to rip up the one he has and pay him 12M/3 years guaranteed. It would be only extending him 2 years at a cap friendly number. Maybe he can get more on the open market,,,,but if we hold him and let the money run dry elsewhere before releasing him(and the fact that he is hurt is going to help us)we can manipulate it to our advantage. And he wont get guaranteed money elsewhere.

Colvin's worth more than $3M per, gus. Really, he's about worth what NE's paying him ($5.5M), but the past restructure increased his cap hit.

Greetings,

Bringing back Ros Colvin should be a pretty high priority for the Patriots this season IMO he is more needed than Asante. Statically speaking he does not have the best stats for a linebacker but his sacks are high for a linebacker. To me his value does not always show up on the stat sheet, look how the D played without him. They did not give up alot of points except final regular season game against the Giants but with him out they gave up yardage. Early in the season teams could not move the ball on us period Colvin goes out we became a bend but don't break defense. If we had him in there I highly doubt the Giants would not have had the ball as much in the SB.
Shalom,
Celticboy04

Should i start a restructure Tom Brady thread?

Did anyone notice the decline in the Patriots defense as soon as Colvin got hurt in the Philly game? Colvin is a very important piece of the defense. He's going nowhere.

I guess that this was the week for Colvin action.

BTW: nothing to be happy about.

I guess that this was the week for Colvin action.

BTW: nothing to be happy about.

I'm one to give Belioli the benefit of the doubt, but this doesn't make sense to me so far. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out.

I'm one to give Belioli the benefit of the doubt, but this doesn't make sense to me so far. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out.

That's because we haven't seen the "grand plan". I want to see what the team is like after the FA period and after the draft. Hell, we won't know what the final product looks like until the last cuts are made in TC.

That's because we haven't seen the "grand plan". I want to see what the team is like after the FA period and after the draft. Hell, we won't know what the final product looks like until the last cuts are made in TC.

I understand that all shall be revealed. However, it's a piss-poor move in a vacuum. I assume the eventual unfolding of the plan will make it more palatable.

Last edited:
Rosie is going to look very nice in a rotation with Freeney and Mathis!:)

It's always a great idea to have 2 of your top 3 pass rushers be coming off of season-ending foot injuries.

there would definately some risk involved.:confused:

So, who will they cut or restructure. If you knew anything about your team, you would know that they were only $200,000 above the cap last week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back